Sandra Froman at Smith & Wesson

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Well I did make it to the S&W SSC to see NRA President Sandra Froman. It turns out that she was visiting S&W for the day and someone decided to have a small "meet and greet" at the SSC. No organized program or talk. But I did get to see her and get an autographed picture. She is a very outgoing, gracious lady and easy to talk to. I did tell her about the problems we have here and that we need the NRA's help in combatting these problems, especially the AG's "consumer protection" regulations. She said that the NRA is aware of these problems however the nature of her visit prevented much more in the way of any dialogue about specific actions.

I am going to follow this meeting with an email thanking her for her visit and suggesting some specific assistance we could use. Similar to what the "Contact the NRA" thread suggested.

I engaged in a lengthy email exchange with the NRA legal department regarding the ammo sales ban. I suggested a federal court course of action based on a challenge to the assertion that a mail order, phone or internet sale takes place in the local of the recipient even if the terms are FOB (which according to the uniform commercial code means title to the goods passes to the buyer at the point when the merchandise is turned over to a common carrier for delivery).

After working my way past some well prepared and accurate emails which were nothing more than a re-iteration of MGL for ammo sales, I finally made the point as to the specific nature of the challenge.

I don't want to quote all specifics of an email that was not sent to me with the intent of internet publication, but the conclusion is that the NRA will not be providing any assistance in a challenge to the FOB nullification.

I wish you the best of luck in explaining the kind of assistance needed to the NRA, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Thanks anyway for what I am sure was a detailed, accurate and specific request. As it is, ultimately, an interstate issue, and one that could occur in any other state with a similarly anti-gun AG or governor, I would have hoped the NRA would take up the challenge.

It is very disappointing that it did not.

Back
Top Bottom