Sandown NH... did we miss this?

appraiser

NES Member
Sorry if this is a dupe.

Seems someone OC'd into town hall with a gun tucked into her belt, and no holster.

So the powers that be said we can't have that and banned guns.

Seems someone in town didn't take that well, and the town was promptly notified by a lawyer that they were in the wrong and the fun was about to start.

http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x1440316652/Sandown-gun-ban-is-short-lived

the following text is being included under the "fair use" doctrine for discussion purposes, sourced from the Lawrence Eagle Tribune.

SANDOWN — Packing a pistol may be fine if you're visiting New Hampshire's Statehouse, but is it OK at Town Hall?

Sandown selectmen didn't think so — at least not for a two-week period recently when they banned firearms from town buildings.

This week, they rescinded the unanimous decision after an attorney challenged the move.

It started about a month ago when a resident walked into Town Hall with a handgun stuck in her belt. A town employee became concerned, even though the woman was there only to register a car.

"She had a weapon on her, and people just didn't think it was right," Selectman James Devine said yesterday.

Devine and Selectman Brenda Copp said selectmen were just trying to do the right thing when they reinstated an old ordinance that allowed only law enforcement officers to carry a weapon in town buildings.

I think sometimes if this might be a tactic used by the antis to try and scare people into more gun laws. I don't personally know of any gun owner that would just tuck a gun into their belt. I think at least everyone here has enough sense to use a holster instead of tucking it in a belt. Who was the person that did this?

Last edited:
But holsters are not required, if I want to stick a gun in my waistband, although it is not the best way to carry a gun , I should be able to do so.

Then again the person who complained probably could not tell if it was in a holster.

It is still a heavy handed tactic by government

I think sometimes if this might be a tactic used by the antis to try and scare people into more gun laws. I don't personally know of any gun owner that would just tuck a gun into their belt. I think at least everyone here has enough sense to use a holster instead of tucking it in a belt. Who was the person that did this?

Of course she could have been using an IWB holster which would look like NO holster to most non gun people. Especially the PSH type of non gun owner. I think the women in question was just exercising her right to bear arms. I think a fair number of people outside of the bigger cities in NH do that with frequency.

Tucking a gun into a belt is just inviting negativity.The chances of that gun bouncing off the floor are too high.Doing something stupid never helps to get an idea accepted.

I think sometimes if this might be a tactic used by the antis to try and scare people into more gun laws. I don't personally know of any gun owner that would just tuck a gun into their belt. I think at least everyone here has enough sense to use a holster instead of tucking it in a belt.

So basically, to you, any gun owner that uses a clipdraw or something like a barami hip grip is a moron? [laugh]

Most folks I know use a holster (myself included) but there are other minimalist ways to carry some kinds of guns safely without
using one. That said, if I was using such a device, I wouldn't be open carrying it that way, either.

-Mike

So basically, to you, any gun owner that uses a clipdraw or something like a barami hip grip is a moron?
I wouldn't go quite that far, but I will say that I use holsters that cover the trigger guard. Clipdraw or hip grip don't cover the trigger guard.

The response by the town was crap, of course, and fortunately they've been slapped down.

Most people (other than police) I know of that "carry" a gun outside of this forum either do this, or use a small-of-back holster, which also is not too popular here.

This is the next town over from me and the first I've heard of it. Prior to my current location I called Sandown 'home' for 5 years. Not sure how I didn't hear about it before now.

Tucking a gun into a belt is just inviting negativity.The chances of that gun bouncing off the floor are too high.Doing something stupid never helps to get an idea accepted.

Pansy.

This is just small town anti's/nazis trying to control everyone because they're afraid.

Back
Top Bottom