San Fran gun surrender nets "anti-tank weapon"

San Francisco Gets Hoodwinked Buying Back Inoperable Bazooka

Hoodwinked LOL Law Enforcement Today is having a blast with this.

SAN FRANCISCO – The San Francisco Police Department got hoodwinked when buying back an inoperable bazooka.

In the deal, an apparent bazooka-style rocket launcher was turned in at SFPD’s sponsored gun buyback event on Saturday. But the kicker is that is was a non-reusable single-use weapon.

Embarrassing tweet for trained police firearm experts. Unless your goal was to scare folks. It’s just an empty tube. Can’t be re-used,” wrote one user on Twitter. “That’s an AT-4 Tube. It is useless after it’s fired. You didn’t achieve anything except waste taxpayer money,” another Twitter user seconded.

“AT4 one time fire weapon then soldiers should break tube. It cannot be reloaded. It can be turned in as HAZMAT but not as a weapon. I hope they did not pay the person for it. If they did the Army should turn in all expensed tubes for cash to them,” wrote user named Scott Germain.

People were reportedly given at least $100 for a handgun and $200 for assault weapons. It remains unclear how much the individual who turned in the inoperable bazooka received from the buyback.

Last edited:
I've seen a .357 glance off of a windshield. (I think, excepting Tyne Daly's annoying voice, that's my favorite Dirty Harry movie.)

Back
Top Bottom