• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Salem State student facing gun charges

I mean he bought a gun site guys. Come on he bought it on cyber Monday , I mean that site is so much more scary from a cyber Monday sale. I bet he just bought that thing online, with out a liscence, where 12 year olds can just buy gun sites. Plus he had a knife, what the hell were his plans, a gun site and a knife, owned by the same person who is buying up gun parts openly, on cyber Monday ? This creep sound like he’s straight cis gendered too. Let me guess, he is against the carbon tax too, right, GOD. Seriously weed is like practically legal, but he was def selling it if he had 12 oz. thats a lot of weed, Dudes. I mean not like the actual crime should be highlighted? Friggin cyber Monday!

The prosecutor probably understands perfectly.

His/Her job is to inflict the maximum amount of pain possible on the defendant, and publicity spin is part of that task.

I believe Brostowin just passed the bar either this or last year. He’s green, but an overachiever and based on his web presence an enthusiastic criminal law practitioner. Not sure that’s a great combination for those in his sights.

This kid is a total tool
And the kid is an idiot, too.
These are my take-aways from the story. Yes, the prosecutor's BS rhetoric was over the top stupid... "OMG, he took advantage of a sale"... but prosecutors are like that. [thinking] It's nothing new. We all know that.

The kid is an idiot and he screwed up badly. His "friend" turned him in for a lighter punishment for himself. [party2] Sorry, but no sympathy here. [slap]

"One hundred bullets, in today's day and age, speaks volumes," the prosecutor said. I have no words.....

I have words. When in a good mood, my words are BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Bad mood? Well, they don't pass the filter here.

The media and law enforcement in this state are nothing but tyrannical propagandandists. Not sure what else to take away from this article.

Dangerous, murderous Gang bangers continue to rule our streets and let them across the border to enable them to rape and kill.

Then we arrest folks that did nothing wrong other than posses a firearm and a hundred rounds of ammo and act like we have made our society safer. What a joke

"One hundred bullets, in today's day and age, speaks volumes," the prosecutor said. I have no words.....

It's one half of this purchase:

iipsrv.fcgi

Didn’t say it made it just, and this isn’t anything like Rosa Parks.
How is it not?
Is one civil right more or less valuable than another?

I would say the right to defend oneself is much more important than where one sits on a bus but the relative value of each right is up to an individual to decide, not the public nor the government.

>Is one civil right more or less valuable than another?

The federal courts have yet to rule that the RKBA is civil in nature.

How is it not?
Is one civil right more or less valuable than another?

I would say the right to defend oneself is much more important than where one sits on a bus but the relative value of each right is up to an individual to decide, not the public nor the government.

School has strict policy on No weapons and No Drugs. He violated both plus he had Xanax and an excess amount of Marijuana. So unless he is a complete idiot, he knew all these rules beforehand. Now are any of those Civil Matters? No they are the rules/policies/laws in place if you don’t like them you don’t go to school there or work to change the law

the rule is "Shall not be infringed".

Yeah yeah. But in the real world a School has the right to set its rules and policies just as much as an employer etc. Plus the kid violated the policy and law with the drugs he had and I’m fairly certain there is no right to illegal drugs.

Sorry, but I call dumbass. This kid was reported as a fifth year senior ( not uncommon if you’re an Ed. Major), in a resident hall. He should have known the rules around weapons after 4.5 years at the school. If he felt he needed a firearm for protection in Salem, he should have been in an off campus private apartment. Plus, after all his time at the school, he should have been well aware of most students, faculty, and campus police’s attitudes toward “GUNZS”.

All Mass state schools have a extremely strict policy about any weapons, including tiny knives, for students.

When I was at the university my edc knife was a Spyderco Endura. Many staff had something similar. The campus police begrudgingly recognized the staff’s right to have a knife. We also had long range wasp spray in our offices. I always felt extremely vulnerable at the university without a firearm in a gun free zone.

Even as a staff person, possession of a firearm was a termination level offense and full prosecution by the commiewealth.

One can only hope that “shall not be infringed “ will be strengthened by the Supreme Court in the future around gun free zones.

Meanwhile, this student is screwed, blued, and tattooed, and not blameless!

Back
Top Bottom