• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Salem State student facing gun charges

Fraser agreed to continue that case without a finding for a year, with conditions that Bergeron (1) stay away from campus, not use any drugs or alcohol, including (2) medical marijuana, and that he pay restitution.

So, he is
1: kicked out of school ?
2: If his medication is marijuana for ailments, he has to sufffer ( by not taking his meds.) ?

Sounds like a great way to "push someone over the edge" = "create/manufacture criminals/patients"

Poor kid grew up on the island (MV) where everyone's special and gifted. I hope he gets sent back to teach the high school kids something about real life.

Poor kid grew up on the island (MV) where everyone's special and gifted. I hope he gets sent back to teach the high school kids something about real life.

Believe me if he grew up in Edgartown year round, rather than summering there, he's not "one of those". It's a fairly hardscrabble existence for the cold 1/2 of the year.

Yeah, it means he probably didn't practice very often.

That guy during the proposed Lexington ban said an AR fired 700-800 rounds per minute, so this guy, if he had an AR, would be out in about 8 seconds.

Is the prosecutor that clueless, or is he trying to trick those that aren't familiar with firearms?
M16A2 will allegedly fire at 700 or more rpm cyclic rate. Our DI at Parris told us this during boot. AR? No way! Bergeron is a moron who is getting exactly what he deserves. Idiots like him cause politicians to enact even stricter gun laws.

I’m done if anyone ever finds my stash. I’ve got 101 bullets.
I took my 6 year old daughter to the range last week to let her get acquainted with her new Savage bolt action .22. Didn't take long to expend 100 rounds and that was slow fire, well-aimed shots. Jill did great! So proud of her. When Lexi gets a little older, she will have her turn.

He bulk buys pot but buys ammo in onesies and twosies?

Well I don’t know about you, but for the most part, I go through more uh, “pancake mix” than ammo, especially when I’m not at home.

If I were traveling with just my handgun, I would probably have 108 rounds of 9mm on me. 19+1 in the gun, 2x19 in spare mags, and another box of 50 for shits and giggles.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis

hqdefault.jpg

You said "prosecutor". I said "cretin" and "ahole".

Well I don’t know about you, but for the most part, I go through more uh, “pancake mix” than ammo, especially when I’m not at home.

If I were traveling with just my handgun, I would probably have 108 rounds of 9mm on me. 19+1 in the gun, 2x19 in spare mags, and another box of 50 for shits and giggles.

Right now in my truck I have a box. A discreet box. In that box are four loaded mags for my Glock 17, 6 loaded mags for my AR, a box of double-ought, a spare folding knife, a spare sheath knife and a very good flashlight.

Since I'm in Georgia the mags for the G17 contain 17 rounds each, the mags for the AR contain 30 rounds each. So that's 68 rounds of 9mm plus whatever I've got on me or with me for the gun I have with me. Plus 180 rounds for the AR.

When I'm traveling, or in CT, the box contents get swapped out for travel/CT legal mags. 10 round mags. Which mean 40 rounds of 9mm and 60 rounds for the AR.

That's just what's loaded in mags...

Right now in my truck I have a box. A discreet box. In that box are four loaded mags for my Glock 17, 6 loaded mags for my AR, a box of double-ought, a spare folding knife, a spare sheath knife and a very good flashlight.

Since I'm in Georgia the mags for the G17 contain 17 rounds each, the mags for the AR contain 30 rounds each. So that's 68 rounds of 9mm plus whatever I've got on me or with me for the gun I have with me. Plus 180 rounds for the AR.

When I'm traveling, or in CT, the box contents get swapped out for travel/CT legal mags. 10 round mags. Which mean 40 rounds of 9mm and 60 rounds for the AR.

That's just what's loaded in mags...

Obviously, people carry around more than 100 rounds of whatever........

But! I really don’t think having a handgun and 100 rounds for it kicking around is exactly unreasonable, especially given that the guy is living away from home.

Obviously, people carry around more than 100 rounds of whatever........

But! I really don’t think having a handgun and 100 rounds for it kicking around is exactly unreasonable, especially given that the guy is living away from home.

Do they understand that a box of ammo typically contains 50 rounds? Having only 100 rounds of range ammo kicking around is completely unreasonable, he should have more (if it was carry ammo they’d have said they were high powered hollowpoint cop killers)

Believe me if he grew up in Edgartown year round, rather than summering there, he's not "one of those". It's a fairly hardscrabble existence for the cold 1/2 of the year.

These days it's not so much income-related as attitude IMHO, kind of an insular entitlement...for instance if you're not legally allowed to drive, just go online and request a driver or two to follow your car around to shield you from the law.

Gabe Bergeron, shown here in his senior photo at MVRHS, was arrested on charges involving a gun, ammo and drugs.

Attachments

• gabe.jpg
    gabe.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 45
Twelve pounds is a lot of weed but it’s an afterthought in the story. So that they can focus on what? A dangerous (but otherwise legal) weapon on school grounds?

F the Salem News.

Its speaks volumes of unpreparedness... what if the zombie apocolypse started today. 100 bullets and a big bag o weed isnt gonna last that long

Yes, but while the weed lasts, he won't care

Trade goods guys. Some people store tobacco, razor blades, or toilet paper. Might not be how I would store value, but I'd bet it will work out better than many expect.

These days it's not so much income-related as attitude IMHO, kind of an insular entitlement...for instance if you're not legally allowed to drive, just go online and request a driver or two to follow your car around to shield you from the law.

Gabe Bergeron, shown here in his senior photo at MVRHS, was arrested on charges involving a gun, ammo and drugs.

That "entitlement" appears to be guaranteed by the constitution.

What's the point of the picture you posted..?

Do they understand that a box of ammo typically contains 50 rounds? Having only 100 rounds of range ammo kicking around is completely unreasonable, he should have more (if it was carry ammo they’d have said they were high powered hollowpoint cop killers)
The prosecutor probably understands perfectly.

His/Her job is to inflict the maximum amount of pain possible on the defendant, and publicity spin is part of that task.

Are people really allowed to own 100 entire rounds of ammo? Why would you ever need that much unless you were up to no good? And it's that assault caliber .45 super magnum! Is this guy a maniac? A terrorist?

Salem State student facing gun charges

But prosecutor Peter Brostowin said police received information that Bergeron had been showing a fellow student how to alter the barrel of the weapon in order to hinder the ability of law enforcement to determine whether bullets fired from it could be linked to the gun.

This baffles me
What'd he do, drill out the rifling?
Is there a new twist rate in these ruger .45's?

Back
Top Bottom