Salem State student facing gun charges

If he had the sense to leave the gun in the trunk of his car, he would have a defense against the criminal charges but not school sanctions.

If he had the sense to leave the gun in the trunk of his car, he would have a defense against the criminal charges but not school sanctions.
Sense? That fool had no sense whatsoever. Gun and ammo, illegal drugs and a knife in the dorm where anyone, including RAs and roommates could snoop around and find it. Teaching fellow students how to alter the rifling in a gun barrel to foil police ballistics tests. Vandalizing his own school, which is state (us taxpayers') property. Sorry, but I have no sympathy here. I really hope that the prosecutor crucifies him in court.

I’m done if anyone ever finds my stash. I’ve got 101 bullets.

You're done? They'll add in how many "bullets" I could have made with my "ammunition manufacturing setup" and components on-hand.

All DA idiocy, legal and non-legal issues aside, the window-breaking incident says a lot. The kid didn't care enough about his own future to think about protecting it. We can complain and fight for change, but if we as gun owners don't acknowledge and deal with the legal landscape that we are actually living in right here and right now, we're no better than the people who argue that they have a right to walk down dark alleys in the middle of the night without being attacked.

Last edited:
You guys who want the book thrown at him by the prosecutor, is it for the breaking of school property or is it for having a gun.

Because if it’s for having a gun, if he were in Venezuela, he’d be the smartest guy on campus.

You guys who want the book thrown at him by the prosecutor, is it for the breaking of school property or is it for having a gun.
It's a trick question. [wink] I don't want the book thrown at him by that deranged prosecutor. Mostly, I'd like to see him get some help for his drug problem.

His LTC is now history. He has been banned from campus so no degree (at least not for now anyway). With a good lawyer, paid for by Daddy, he will do no time. What comes next? Who knows? Maybe he will become a legal marijuana tycoon and make billions. [rockon]

But for now, stupid hurts... and he was exceedingly stupid. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom