Safe Storage

Need some advice for a friend. His live-in girlfriend of seven years kicking him out in the morning. He has no family in Massachusetts, and needless to say he a gun owner. His nearest family is in New York City, but he can't go there with his weaponry. What are his best option in such a short in such a short period of time.

Find a buddy to store them for him.... Said buddy can "borrow" them for a prolonged period....
Insufficient and legally dangerous as you are REQUIRED to turn any guns you own over to the PD upon presentation of a 209A (I'm assuming that is the risk that is being discussed). Cute games like "I loaned them to my buddy" will not suffice, as neither PDs nor judges will be impressed.

If you have 4 or fewer, transfer them to your buddy on an eFA-10 and realize they are legally his - return (transfer back) after things have calmed down will be a test of honor and friendship.

Insufficient and legally dangerous as you are REQUIRED to turn any guns you own over to the PD upon presentation of a 209A (I'm assuming that is the risk that is being discussed). Cute games like "I loaned them to my buddy" will not suffice, as neither PDs nor judges will be impressed.

If you have 4 or fewer, transfer them to your buddy on an eFA-10 and realize they are legally his - return (transfer back) after things have calmed down will be a test of honor and friendship.

IF there is a restraining order involved your answer is correct.... That said, no where did he say there was a restraining order involved. I read it as their relationship is over and she said she wants him out in the morning. If it were a restraining order type environment I'm sure he wouldn't be forewarned.

Back
Top Bottom