Saddle Ring?

The Goose

NES Member
I was loking at the cover of the latest American Rifleman magazine and there is a picture of a John Wayne comemorative Winchester with a saddle ring. Was the saddle ring ever actually used and if so exactly how? I can visualize ways, but I don't actually know. These days it would seem to be mostly traditional ornamentation. Any thoughts?

The saddle ring is a device designed to remove the finish from a gun, in the areas where it touches.
It can also be used to make noise in the field to warn animals that a hunter is approaching.
It can be rendered nearly useless for the above purposes by wrapping with rawhide.

The saddle ring is a device designed to remove the finish from a gun, in the areas where it touches.
It can also be used to make noise in the field to warn animals that a hunter is approaching.
It can be rendered nearly useless for the above purposes by wrapping with rawhide.

LMFAO!!

[rofl][rofl]

Back
Top Bottom