• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Sub Compact 1911

gene

NES Member
New toy that I picked up today
Anyone else have one - Experience?
Saw it a couple of weeks ago and had to have it. Wish I could have shot today but the range was closed. Love the feel of this gun but I am wondering about recoil as a 3" pistol.

SWPro.jpg

I've had mine for 2 weeks ago, is your a Pro Series also? I agree that the feel and the way it fits in your hand is perfect. Add that it is light as hell and I had to have it... The trigger is perfect to top it all off!!!

At the range you'll be suprised its snappy as hell, actually it feels like a 357 snubbie and has a little zing to it. I was not to impressed when I had a few FTF and the last round seems to not allow the slide to go into full battery for some reason.

On target its gonna need to be shot some to feel comfortable and learn its flight path down range, didnt seem to shoot as well as it feels in your hand for sure. Then I thought it was just me and had nothing to do with the new compact I just spent $1,000 until I whipped out my 1911Sc commander and blew 45's through the same hole and made the round circle aka known as a bull eye shred rather easily. Picked up the Pro again and had the same results so as it came closer to dusk Miller Time was calling my name and I put her to sleep til the next time...

Let me know how you make out at the range?

Enjoy your new toy!!!

It's the pro series and I read about the FTF on the higher grain 45 caliber. Seem like most said it was a break in issue but I have some 230 grains I will send down range this Saturday. It's a pretty little piece of work though and I am looking forward to putting it through the paces. I will let you know if I have any issues. Whats up with the extra springs they give you for it?

Your right about the trigger, It's sweet!

I've got a Colt Defender 3", and to be honest I find the recoil VERY manageable with all types of ammo even +P.
Considering it weighs about 4 ozs less than the Smith, I think you'll find it (the Smith) a joy to shoot.
BTW, That Smith's a nice lookin' little gun. Congrats!

I've also go a Springfield EMP in 9mm and it's a blast as well, though for me a little under powered.
I bought it, just cause it's pretty! [grin]

Whats up with the extra springs they give you for it?

Your right about the trigger, It's sweet!

I'm not sure if I saw any extra springs in the box, I'll have to look though.

I was shooting WWB 230gr and actually rammed some Corbon thru it too but that fed all 7 shots no problem. Might have been the WWB and their bad quality control that had some something to do with it...

Let me know how you make out!

If you're getting a 3-point-jam on the last round and the slide isn't fully returning to battery, I think it's a function of the magazine not holding the last round in place under recoil. I'm having it happen occasionally with Wilson magazines. I'm hoping Tripps fix it.

If you're getting a 3-point-jam on the last round and the slide isn't fully returning to battery, I think it's a function of the magazine not holding the last round in place under recoil. I'm having it happen occasionally with Wilson magazines. I'm hoping Tripps fix it.

Thanks for the info, I have a few wilson mags and will track if it happens when they are in the gun....

Back
Top Bottom