• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Shield

It is on the list now, but none have shipped from the factory. And there will be a limited amount for sale from dealers. Like always it is the new hot model. So dealers will get one or two in sell out fast then they will be back order for six months!

Dealers can have them on display, but not sell them(yet).
Those display models are not the MA compliant model

Yup. The non-MA versions have a pretty nice trigger, but I'm still quite confused by S&W's decision to crappify the trigger on a striker-fired gun with a manual safety!!! WTF?

Yup. The non-MA versions have a pretty nice trigger, but I'm still quite confused by S&W's decision to crappify the trigger on a striker-fired gun with a manual safety!!! WTF?

They did that on all the M&P's I don't get it either, Ruger trigger is way way better and has a manual safety...maybe S&W bought stock in APEX?

I am trying to figure out why the Shield is so enticing to me. Maybe because it reminds me of one of my favorite shows and 'ol Vic Mackey. Loved that guy![grin]

Yup the Shield in 9mm is enticing to me as well. And I have a G19 and SR9c. I also am not a fan of the M&Ps but this could be a great CCW with the right trigger. I still like the PPS and it'll be a tough decision towards the end of the year. There will be a ton of range reports when FS gets them in stock. I'll stay away from them for a couple of months. [rofl]

Do we want it with the safety?
Better wait until some free state gun owner moves to ma ;)

that will save you a trigger job, but it will still have an external safety.

I'm a fan of the shield; I'm shooting it in my avatar. It fits my hand well, I love its size and it shoots great. I had no issues with the free state trigger.

Back
Top Bottom