S&W M&P9c High Cap Mags

I just bought a brand new M&P9c with 2, 10 round mags.

I am wondering where/if I can get high capacity magazines for it.

Post-94 high cap mags are illegal in MA. The M&P was not manufactured prior to the cutoff date in September of 1994. So don't buy them, even if you can find them. Mere possession is a 10-year felony, if I recall correctly.

Many places online sell 12 round mags for the M&P9c.

However there is no such thing as a "pre-ban" M&P mag because they are a relatively new model of firearm, and such are not legal to possess in Massachusetts.

yeah pretty much its already been said. They are illegal. Sure you could get them but its very easy to prove they were made after 1994 since they didn't even exist up until a few years ago. Its not worth it for 2,3, or even 5 rounds. Just grab an extra mag.

If you wanted hi-caps shoulda bought a Glock [grin] No hi-caps for the M&P is why i don't have one yet.

My mind has been pretty closed to made up for some time.

I am just trying to convince my wife. She is going for her masters down here and we both work down here so the gas will kill us. I'm working on it though!

I think technically even an off duty leo isn't supposed to posses hi-caps mags but then again no one would ever give them a hard time about it.

With that said be very careful about hi-cap mags. There are a lot of mags out there that people claim to be pre-ban when they are post-ban. Some are hard to tell if not impossible though.

I'm in a very similar boat. I've got 2 jobs in MA and go to school in CT every weekend, so moving to NH isn't possible right now. Once I'm done with school, though, my wife and I are gonna give MA the
finger.gif

What really sucks is when S&W effs up your 2 free mag rebate and sends you a felony in the mail...in the form of 2 free 12 round mags...

If you had stuck with the .357sig round, the mass legal mags would have held full capacity already [wink], glad to see you went with an M&P though its a great pistol.

Yeah. Should have went for the glock i guess......

I wouldn't sweat it, 10 in a compact is not bad all. I had a G26 (for which my second mag was a 17rounders), but I sold it and bought an M&Pc because I love the way it fits my hand. I feel fine when I carry it with 10+1

If you had stuck with the .357sig round, the mass legal mags would have held full capacity already [wink], glad to see you went with an M&P though its a great pistol.

Yeah I am glad I picked it up. I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first cause I have big hands but with the pinky grip on the mag it fits like a glove. I made sure I wrote on the rebate form to send mags with them. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom