• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P Shield Plus

A swing and a miss for S&W. Despite having to play catch-up with its competitors they failed to release an optics ready/ rail high cap micro-compact. Also judging on how uncomfortable the grip feels (same feeling like the Shield 1.0 and 2.0) I suspect they could have made the grip slightly wider to increase capacity to 12 and 15 rounds. What do you thing of the S&W M&P Shield Plus Minus?

Oops.

A swing and a miss for S&W. Despite having to play catch-up with its competitors they failed to release an optics ready/ rail high cap micro-compact. Also judging on how uncomfortable the grip feels (same feeling like the Shield 1.0 and 2.0) I suspect they could have made the grip slightly wider to increase capacity to 12 and 15 rounds. What do you thing of the S&W M&P Shield Plus Minus?
We don't want/need optics on small gun like this.

Good thing for you though: no one forcing you to like or buy . . .

Your opinion... Thanks for sharing.
😆
Dude, face it, there are a lot of people who like the M&P Shield. People like it’s grip that you lambasted too. Not everyone is you. You’re getting really defensive for starting a thread to crap on a gun you haven’t even used yet, and that has popular geneology. What kind of response did you expect? Everyone to come in and give you high fives for your insightful forecast?

The M&P Shield Plus is going to sell like crazy, just like the original. So, it’s likely to be far from a swing and a miss. Will it pull P365 owners? Probably not many. But new buyers may choose the Shield+.

Also increasing the grip even wider to accommodate 12-15 rounds would make it a wide porker and outside of the use case it’s intended for.

😆
Dude, face it, there are a lot of people who like the M&P Shield. People like it’s grip that you lambasted too. Not everyone is you. You’re getting really defensive for starting a thread to crap on a gun you haven’t even used yet, and that has popular geneology. What kind of response did you expect? Everyone to come in and give you high fives for your insightful forecast?

The M&P Shield Plus is going to sell like crazy, just like the original. So, it’s likely to be far from a swing and a miss. Will it pull P365 owners? Probably not many. But new buyers may choose the Shield+.

Also increasing the grip even wider to accommodate 12-15 rounds would make it a wide porker and outside of the use case it’s intended for.
Idk, you seem pretty defensive yourself... funny enough I posted about S&W releasing an increased capacity shied day's prior to the plus announcement. I was hoping to purchase one since I've already got a 2.0 compact. Just disappointed they released a insufficient gun compared to the competition.

As far as the grip goes they feel like a triangle. Creating a weird pressure point in the front. If S&W wanted standout they would release a factory 15 rounder. Beating glocks lazy attempt with the 43x and 48. I thought about getting rid of my 43x for the shield, but the 43x is so much more comfortably to grip.

I and many others want a reddot and light, so now I'd rather a 43x mos for its factory slide and rail. The carry culture is changing and for the shield to be the last man in, it's pretty mediocre.

I played with a shield plus today at a gun show here in NC. The gun feels nice. If you’re a fan of the shield this seems like a no brainer. holster compatible. New mags are mec-gar manufactured. All to the good. No doubt there’s going to be a huge drop in price on the older models. I no longer own a shield nor would I ever carry such a small pistol, but I think S&W did a nice job here.

Idk, you seem pretty defensive yourself... funny enough I posted about S&W releasing an increased capacity shied day's prior to the plus announcement. I was hoping to purchase one since I've already got a 2.0 compact. Just disappointed they released a insufficient gun compared to the competition.

As far as the grip goes they feel like a triangle. Creating a weird pressure point in the front. If S&W wanted standout they would release a factory 15 rounder. Beating glocks lazy attempt with the 43x and 48. I thought about getting rid of my 43x for the shield, but the 43x is so much more comfortably to grip.

I and many others want a reddot and light, so now I'd rather a 43x mos for its factory slide and rail. The carry culture is changing and for the shield to be the last man in, it's pretty mediocre.
1616288875321.png

I like my shield. I have smallish hands and find single stacks are best for me. I've owned a Glock 26 - hated it. Owned M&P in 9mm and 40S&W - liked them but not much. Sold them. Maybe I still have the 9mm. I have to look. LOL. I own some 45s - like them. My Sig 239 rocks! But it's heavy like a bag of rocks.

I and many others want a reddot and light, so now I'd rather a 43x mos for its factory slide and rail.

Lol then buy something different. They will sell tons of those things, there are plenty of brawndo guzzler S&W fanbois that will buy it.

The carry culture is changing and for the shield to be the last man in, it's pretty mediocre.

lol, sure, because some trendies want an RDS and a flashlight on a tiny gun that was never meant for it to begin with. [rofl]

I'm not even defending smith here, just think that the notion that people want that garbage on a tiny gun is not much of anything beyond like some gun hipsters and trendies.

I like my shield. I have smallish hands and find single stacks are best for me. I've owned a Glock 26 - hated it. Owned M&P in 9mm and 40S&W - liked them but not much. Sold them. Maybe I still have the 9mm. I have to look. LOL. I own some 45s - like them. My Sig 239 rocks! But it's heavy like a bag of rocks.
[/QUOTE
I don't have small hands. But the g26 is the only gun I've ever sold. Still have my shield. I really don't shoot it but I liked it better than the 26.

Lol then buy something different. They will sell tons of those things, there are plenty of brawndo guzzler S&W fanbois that will buy it.

lol, sure, because some trendies want an RDS and a flashlight on a tiny gun that was never meant for it to begin with. [rofl]

I'm not even defending smith here, just think that the notion that people want that garbage on a tiny gun is not much of anything beyond like some gun hipsters and trendies.
Tiny guns with big mag capacity make the compact carry size obsolete... specifically 48 mos/ 365XL and Shield Plus PC.

Tiny guns with big mag capacity make the compact carry size obsolete... specifically 48 mos/ 365XL and Shield Plus PC.

WTF is "compact carry size" do you mean guns like the now M&P 9 sub? Those guns were obsolete when they were
made nevermind "now" (they are horribly size inefficient). G26? Maybe. But that gun was never meant to have garbage hung off it, either.

Given the expansion of the market though I expect the new P365 hipster-like guns as well as even old models to do fairly well. There's a seat for
every ass, now.

WTF is "compact carry size" do you mean guns like the now M&P 9 sub? Those guns were obsolete when they were
made nevermind "now" (they are horribly size inefficient). G26? Maybe. But that gun was never meant to have garbage hung off it, either.

Given the expansion of the market though I expect the new P365 hipster-like guns as well as even old models to do fairly well. There's a seat for
every ass, now.
Compact (Glock 19, M&P 2.0, P320) The 19 is a very popular carry is it not? Now you have a 43x/48 plus 15 rounds.

Compact (Glock 19, M&P 2.0, P320) The 19 is a very popular carry is it not? Now you have a 43x/48 plus 15 rounds.

IMHO a Glock 19 is not really a "compact" anything. I consider it more of a mid-size gun.

Most people don't cross shop a G19 or similar gun with any of these guns we're talking about here. That's literally bordering on heresy. [rofl]

Also looking at sales numbers right now, you know what the hottest gun is outside of all the subs is? The Glock 19. Things may have improved slightly but a week ago on
the open market the guns were bidding up into the 800s on gunbroker. It literally sells almost as well as the wonder-subs that are causing all the fapping. There's a reason for that. [laugh] Then on top of that, the G45 is probably only slightly behind it.

Before someone gives me shit.... It's not just the G19 either, BTW... Guns similar in that class also don't stick around long, either. Look at P320s in that same size factor, or close. (even with their school bus looking slides) Blown out of stock at a lot of shops. Same thing with the CZ P10C and its other in-class peers. There's an entire legion of people that would rather have one of those guns than a wonder-sub, or they insert it in rotation with a wonder sub. Why? They're much easier to shoot than a wonder sub, more reliable, and more tolerant of abuse.

Honorable mention- Look at the Canik TP9 SFX Elite blah blah guns in this form factor. Impossible to keep in stock at any dealer. Same thing, same idea, just cheaper. Or even at the sewer end of the market, the Taurus G3. The G3 doesnt move as fast as its aforementioned peers, but it still shows that people want guns in this size class.

IMHO a Glock 19 is not really a "compact" anything. I consider it more of a mid-size gun.

Most people don't cross shop a G19 or similar gun with any of these guns we're talking about here. That's literally bordering on heresy. [rofl]

Also looking at sales numbers right now, you know what the hottest gun is outside of all the subs is? The Glock 19. Things may have improved slightly but a week ago on
the open market the guns were bidding up into the 800s on gunbroker. It literally sells almost as well as the wonder-subs that are causing all the fapping. There's a reason for that. [laugh] Then on top of that, the G45 is probably only slightly behind it.

Before someone gives me shit.... It's not just the G19 either, BTW... Guns similar in that class also don't stick around long, either. Look at P320s in that same size factor, or close. (even with their school bus looking slides) Blown out of stock at a lot of shops. Same thing with the CZ P10C and its other in-class peers. There's an entire legion of people that would rather have one of those guns than a wonder-sub, or they insert it in rotation with a wonder sub. Why? They're much easier to shoot than a wonder sub, more reliable, and more tolerant of abuse.

Honorable mention- Look at the Canik TP9 SFX Elite blah blah guns in this form factor. Impossible to keep in stock at any dealer. Same thing, same idea, just cheaper. Or even at the sewer end of the market, the Taurus G3. The G3 doesnt move as fast as its aforementioned peers, but it still shows that people want guns in this size class.
No argument with me there. Until recently you had to sacrifice mag cap for comfort, that's where the "wonder-sub" as you call it come in. As someone who carried a P229/ M&P 2.0 compact I always ditched my Shield 2.0 and G43 because of capacity. Now with guns like the 43x you get same capacity as a 19. With guns like the 48 you get same berral length and grip as the 19 only its much more comfortably to stick in your pants.

Final point, if you live a mag cap state would you carry a Glock 19, P320, CZ P10c, TP9 with a limit of 10 rounds or a 43x, 48, P365, P365 lx, Hellcat, Shield plus?

No argument with me there. Until recently you had to sacrifice mag cap for comfort, that's where the "wonder-sub" as you call it come in. As someone who carried a P229/ M&P 2.0 compact I always ditched my Shield 2.0 and G43 because of capacity. Now with guns like the 43x you get same capacity as a 19. With guns like the 48 you get same berral length and grip as the 19 only its much more comfortably to stick in your pants.

I own a 43, a 48, and a 19, and I've carried all three. With the belt and IWB setups I use, the "comfort" difference between the 3 is marginal. I basically sent my 48 off to a friend of mine that lives in another state so he could borrow it. (via a transfer, obviously) Decent gun? yes. But still nothing like a 19. and still not miles better than my G43. Which is fine for what it is- but honestly if I can get away with it I'd still rather carry the G19 or even my G26. Both of which I shoot better than any of the minis.

Also BTW that shield arms thing basically doesn't count. It's vaporware. And you have to use a different catch in the gun so you don't f*** the gun up with the
magazines. Likely a great product but worthless in the real world, if the majority of people can't access it. It's like me telling someone to go out and buy an RTX3080 GPU to upgrade the
graphics in their computer. Oh wait, but only scalpers have the cards and they're like 2 grand? yeah that's useful. I digress. [laugh]

Final point, if you live a mag cap state would you carry a Glock 19, P320, CZ P10c, TP9 with a limit of 10 rounds or a 43x, 48, P365, P365 lx, Hellcat, Shield plus?

I never really fixate on that, but let's say I couldn't use my current setup, the only thing that would change would be the mags. I'd still rather have a G19 with 10 in it , and a 10 spare, than a
mini. a mini with 10 in it is still not equivalent to a larger, more normal gun with the same. "extra capacity" to me is just frosting, not an absolute requirement.

These days the only use I even have for a mini or other compromise gun is because of either clothing limitations or similar. The 43 comes out when I have to carry a gun while wearing a marginal belt or a set of pants I didnt upsize, etc.

Never had any luck with subs like G43, G48, Shield 1, PPS M1, CZ P-10S, etc etc. All were either unreliable or hurtful to the fingers. Revolver snubs were good for me though.
Will stick forever with G27 Gen4 and G19 Gen 5. These are 100% with all ammo types, interconvertible, universally comfortable to carry everyday and with ammo this expensive, no reason to break in any new gun.

I own a 43, a 48, and a 19, and I've carried all three. With the belt and IWB setups I use, the "comfort" difference between the 3 is marginal. I basically sent my 48 off to a friend of mine that lives in another state so he could borrow it. (via a transfer, obviously) Decent gun? yes. But still nothing like a 19. and still not miles better than my G43. Which is fine for what it is- but honestly if I can get away with it I'd still rather carry the G19 or even my G26. Both of which I shoot better than any of the minis.

Also BTW that shield arms thing basically doesn't count. It's vaporware. And you have to use a different catch in the gun so you don't f*** the gun up with the
magazines. Likely a great product but worthless in the real world, if the majority of people can't access it. It's like me telling someone to go out and buy an RTX3080 GPU to upgrade the
graphics in their computer. Oh wait, but only scalpers have the cards and they're like 2 grand? yeah that's useful. I digress. [laugh]

I never really fixate on that, but let's say I couldn't use my current setup, the only thing that would change would be the mags. I'd still rather have a G19 with 10 in it , and a 10 spare, than a
mini. a mini with 10 in it is still not equivalent to a larger, more normal gun with the same. "extra capacity" to me is just frosting, not an absolute requirement.

These days the only use I even have for a mini or other compromise gun is because of either clothing limitations or similar. The 43 comes out when I have to carry a gun while wearing a marginal belt or a set of pants I didnt upsize, etc.
Weekdays when wearing dress pants or a suit the 43x wins all day. Weekends when wearing jeans I'll go to the M&P 2.0 compact 4" with light and reddot.
Now carrying the 43x the majority of the time I want to have same capacity, decent light output (greater than 100 lumens), and a reddot. S&W's bigger blunder is the lack of rails, obviously there is a market to put a 300 plus lumen light of this new platform with surefire and streamlight manufacturing them.

every ass, now.
I used to be in the Car business, it is a "Ass for every seat" ! S/

Back
Top Bottom