S&W M&P 360 .357/.38+p

I just bought one of these last night.I mainly bought it for a backup.What a great gun!It has a trijicon front night sight and hogue grips which may end up getting replaced if carrying .357mag. as they do NOT cover the back strap.Also has a SS cylinder and scandium frame making it very comfortable to carry.Anyone else have one of these?Any suggestions or opinions on the gun?

Last edited:
Full boat .357? Sub 15oz. weight? Good luck. You're going to need it. I had a 360PD and sold it after only a few rounds fired. It IS a great carry gun but is PAINFUL to shoot and difficult to shoot accurately. Stick to .38 or .38+P to lessen the pain. I had more than one guy at the range hand it back after firing ONE round.

I agree with Executive, the scandium j-frames are basically
masochism in the palm of your hand. I ended up eventually
getting an SW640, I run the speer .357 mag short barrel loads
in it (kinda between full 357 and 38+P) and the recoil is snappy but
not uncontrollable. I have a set of boot grips on it like your gun
has for pocket carry. Yeah, it's a little heavier, but its still only a
little over a pound. Sure makes a big difference in the recoil
though. The gun can handle full house 357s with the stock grips
on it, although the blast and concussion is unreal. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
As others have said . . . hold on tight! A friend of mine handed one to his girlfriend to try with full-house .357 loads. On the first shot, the gun rolled back in her hand and the hammer spur punched a nice hole in the web between her finger and thumb. Emergency room, stitches - the whole nine yards. They've since parted company. He swears the two events are unrelated, but I'm not so sure.

38 Special +P is the realistic limit of control for most people in a revolver that light.

I have a 637 Airweight (19 ounces fully loaded) and I cannot imagine what it would be like to light off some 125 gr 357s in it........

Thank God the 637 is a 38 Special only.

Thanks guys.Some good points here.I fired some of the Speer .357mag 135gr.short barrel hp ammo and it isn't too bad.I had no problem w/the accuracy of the gun at all however follow-up shots were slowed a bit.The hand does take a pounding but nothing I'm not used too owning 2 .500mags.I def. would not recommend this gun for a novice shooter or first time carry-gun buyer but it should serve me well as a back-up ankle/pocket gun.I'll probably carry the .38+p's until I get more proficient w/.357 loads to my liking.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom