RUN-N-GUN Event! The "Hora Dolor". Townsend Fish and Gun club. Sept 30th.

And what if a competitor does not have a wang on which to put a sock?? Way to welcome women into the sport...no extra points available for us?! [wink]

On a marginally less absurd note...do we get extra points if we get the dog to run the course in his load out too? He can carry spare mags...hero challenge! Obtain mag from the GSD and then go shoot a target. (use of bacon bribes is cheating).

1) Prove it.
1a) I actually thought about giving bonus time for any lady folk who showed up. But I'm not a sexist AND YOU SHALL SUFFER ALONG WITH US! Plus I figured your moral and mental superiority would be enough to float you along to victory amongst all the neanderthal knuckle draggers around you!

2) I like dogs. I like pack dogs. I shall reward your dog with bacon and a slab of wild boar fat if he/she competes with you.

sweetjeep said:
1) Prove it.
1a) I actually thought about giving bonus time for any lady folk who showed up. But I'm not a sexist AND YOU SHALL SUFFER ALONG WITH US! Plus I figured your moral and mental superiority would be enough to float you along to victory amongst all the neanderthal knuckle draggers around you!

2) I like dogs. I like pack dogs. I shall reward your dog with bacon and a slab of wild boar fat if he/she competes with you.

1. Would a karyotype suffice? I believe that is the only method of proof that would not result in my husband entering a state of berserker rage.

No time bonuses for the ladies. We may have less testosterone, but that is no reason we can't outshoot you. :) Moral and mental superiority???? I think that is conclusively disproved by the fact that a) we tend to cohabitate with and wed the neanderthals and b) we hang out here.

2. Sweet! He will be most pleased. I doubt he will share the bacon though....not that I blame him.

And what if a competitor does not have a wang on which to put a sock?? Way to welcome women into the sport...no extra points available for us?! [wink]

On a marginally less absurd note...do we get extra points if we get the dog to run the course in his load out too? He can carry spare mags...hero challenge! Obtain mag from the GSD and then go shoot a target. (use of bacon bribes is cheating).

http://www.go-girl.com/
This could be your tempo-wang. And to think, it'd still be functional! [rofl2]

Bacon is not a bribe. Bacon is a requirement [smile]

Last edited:
Prove it....

[cheers]

Will do.
BTW, I will also have my SAR Global Tactical Titanium Beard Comb, which by itself may garner more points than anyone's load-out.

attachment.php

View attachment 36553

BeastyA: see page 3 for a scoring outline. I don't want to tell all the details to help reduce stratagizing. But assume this - run fast, shoot accurately, and the harder something is the more it's worth.

Nicole: no.. I suppose that I don't want your husband to go into a berserker rage. Not today at least. Secondly out shooting "the men" isn't always such a compliment. I am make and my shooting is awful! I'm also borderline retarded! I mean... I can cut my own meat (now). So, point is don't be too proud of yourself when you beat me!

Tim: we haven't been shut down yet... So.. No

And for Acme.. Damn son! You let that dog eat!

Event Update

Hey folks! HUGE thanks for the support you guys and (charming, smart and I'm sure beautiful) woman have shown thus far!

Our original view of success was that if we got 6 teams we could consider the event a success. We arbitrarily capped the teams to 10, then 12. Of course thinking "psh.. won't happen". Well, we're at 9 teams right now. 7 have actually paid and 2 we are promised won't welch. So that's 9. And we've still got more than "some" time left!

What's my point? We're psyched.. thank you!

We also do NOT want to turn anyone away. So we are contemplating is to keep allowing teams to join until a little while before the event. The plan would be to set up 2 separate rounds. An early and a late. Probably set the first round up to start running at 9 and the second to start running at 10:30. This is somewhat dependent on how may targets we can set up on the range at a time.

Comments? Concerns? Questions? I want this to be "your" event. If you guys want us to keep it capped at 12.. tell us. If you want anything, tell us. I can't promise it'll happen, but we'll try our absolute best!

If anyone has a question or a comment about this, please speak up. If you joined because of the exclusivity of the event, say something. If you think that the more is the merrier because you can kick their ass so, bring it! Let us know.

Obviously the more people who join the more we can do for you all.

Also: I am still working this one. But we intend to poke a (or a couple) local shops and see if they have any interest in bringing down some equipment for a little shoot and tell action. Maybe just show and tell. We're still working on it. More details to follow. Regardless.. sound like a good idea?

I'm all for allowing more teams. Gives me a better chance at not coming in dead last! If you do two starts, throw me down on the 9am start. Not taking off work that afternoon so will have to leave as early as possible. Thanks for getting this going.

Mark (atilla) and I will be there. And we will [strike=line]win[/strike]lose. I promise. Payment will be made at an asofyet undetermined time in the future.

I'm all for allowing more teams. Gives me a better chance at not coming in dead last! If you do two starts, throw me down on the 9am start. Not taking off work that afternoon so will have to leave as early as possible. Thanks for getting this going.

So are we. I shudder to think of the firepower aimed in our direction if we cut the field short [smile]

Mark (atilla) and I will be there. And we will [strike=line]win[/strike]lose. I promise. Payment will be made at an asofyet undetermined time in the future.

And I will consider your spot "in" as I will see atilla tomorrow at the pin shoot [devil2].

Hmm, guess it wasn't mentioned in the beginning, but folks should send these in as a gift, instead of a payment. Paypal's whacking me for the $1.75 fee on those made as payments.

Thanks, gang!

Maybe I'll take retribution out on that banana..............[devil2]

Does that go for us who sent the $ as a "gift"?

I think the team name should be "Bananas In Pajamas". What say you?

[laugh2] Perfect.

All those in favor say, Aye.

"Aye"!

okay, now that i've had a chance to review the thread--this sounds like fun. however i always have to keep in mind my medical condition which could bring me out of the competition at any time before or during, and the $50 is $25/team member, right?

okay, now that i've had a chance to review the thread--this sounds like fun. however i always have to keep in mind my medical condition which could bring me out of the competition at any time before or during, and the $50 is $25/team member, right?

Yes. And I will (attempt to) carry (also known as "hump") your semi-conscious body to the finish line if need be.

Only in pictures with banana suits and life jackets.
I'm excited he's partaking in the race. I feel it will elevate the level of awesomeness 10 fold

Back
Top Bottom