RUN-N-GUN Event! The "Hora Dolor". Townsend Fish and Gun club. Sept 30th.

atilla said:
okay, now that i've had a chance to review the thread--this sounds like fun. however i always have to keep in mind my medical condition which could bring me out of the competition at any time before or during, and the $50 is $25/team member, right?

Well that makes 3 of us with ephemeral disabilities and even on a good day, running is a no go for Adam. :p. Plan on being there. With a banana. No negative waves Moriarty.

i'll take this slightly more seriously than the last event in that i will show up with gear that can hold my shit and not have to jam AK mags into a condor AR pouch (which actually worked quite well). i'm going to spend a little cash i don't have (AKA credit card) and become awesome overnight like a true internet warrior.

i might even *gasp* use an AR. since we're not humping the rifles along the course i may bring my "dad's" AR to use this time around. the pouch i am buying can handle both officially so i can change my mind as i see fit.

i just have the same worries as before, if i end up in the hospital before the event at any time it could take me out of the running permanently. just got to hope that luck is on my side for that one.

btw anyone ordering from la police gear... code FB8 gets you %8 off. [wink]

okay, so i ordered some gear... guess i'm in with you, alex.

also i have made the decision not to shave until after the event at the very earliest. the beard will be back albeit in weak form.

Atilla - Yep. $50 a team. So it could be $49 for one member, $1 for the other. Team call. Though it's generally accepted to be $25 per member. ;)

I will also allow you to be carted in a wheelbarrow if necessary. Even one of those goofy ones with 2 wheels in the front. HOWEVER, you will be required to sing "I'm a little teapot" at the top of your lungs for so long as the wheelbarrow is moving. If at any time your teammate falls down laughing or drops you or passes out from exhaustion, you can pause the song.

sweetjeep said:
Atilla - Yep. $50 a team. So it could be $49 for one member, $1 for the other. Team call. Though it's generally accepted to be $25 per member. ;)

I will also allow you to be carted in a wheelbarrow if necessary. Even one of those goofy ones with 2 wheels in the front. HOWEVER, you will be required to sing "I'm a little teapot" at the top of your lungs for so long as the wheelbarrow is moving. If at any time your teammate falls down laughing or drops you or passes out from exhaustion, you can pause the song.

I love this shoot soooooooo much already. Does the banana get to ride in the wheelbarrow too?

i'll bring some big-ass zipties and i'll tie the banana to the back of my rig. i can't wait to tear threads in the crap i just bought and get it filthy. i might just put it all on and roll around in the dirveway after spinning around in circles so i may or may not vomit all over it... like last time.

atilla said:
i'll bring some big-ass zipties and i'll tie the banana to the back of my rig. i can't wait to tear threads in the crap i just bought and get it filthy. i might just put it all on and roll around in the dirveway after spinning around in circles so i may or may not vomit all over it... like last time.

Too bad it has no legs. I would make it some capris. :)

Dude, youtube that shit, and post it here. I love it when people who take the internet seriously get all choked up over your shenanigans.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe theme it like a training montage or something.

Oh. Serious question. Is a .30 carbine defensive-y enough for this ....escapade? Pretty sure of the answer, but if I don't ask and you rule it overly wussy the day of, my shoulder may be annoyed when I have to borrow whatever recoil bonanza my husband decides to bring along.

pure-shenanigans.jpg%3Fw%3D650

I'm assuming it's 1 rifle & 1 pistol per team member, correct?

INCORRECT. 1 per member (2 rifles, 2 pistols). If you have to run 1 per team, than so be it. If you are in a position with another team that is willing to share, let myself or Joe (joeendris) know and we'll do our best to separate the teams so that the liklihood of a crossover in the shooting events is minimized.

Oh. Serious question. Is a .30 carbine defensive-y enough for this ....escapade? Pretty sure of the answer, but if I don't ask and you rule it overly wussy the day of, my shoulder may be annoyed when I have to borrow whatever recoil bonanza my husband decides to bring along.

Nope.. .30 whatever, that'll be fine. 9mm, .45, anything similar. We're trying to avoid someone bringing, say a Ruger 10-22. While they are delightful, I can stuff 4 factory 10 rnd magazines in my Bro (Manziere!) and not blink an eye.

HEY... wait a gosh darn second! Escapade?! That's an excellent descriptor for this high quality, well though out, splendidly planned event!

- - - Updated - - -

Nicole wants to know where in circuit is the bayonet charge?

Interestingly, it will coincide with the exact moment that Coyote Hunter needs his heart jump started. Weird I know!

sweetjeep said:
Interestingly, it will coincide with the exact moment that Coyote Hunter needs his heart jump started. Weird I know!

Hey Coyote...we've got a pile of bacon and cupcakes over here with your name on them...need to get that cholesterol up! It is for a good cause!

Nicole said:
Hey Coyote...we've got a pile of bacon and cupcakes over here with your name on them...need to get that cholesterol up! It is for a good cause!

Bacon AND cupcakes!!!!!!

Christmas is early :)

I'm going to have to work some lardo into my training routine

Coyote Hunter said:
Bacon AND cupcakes!!!!!!

Christmas is early :)

I'm going to have to work some lardo into my training routine

Yeah, we actually have that in the fridge right now too. No really. We really want a bayonet charge apparently.

Back
Top Bottom