• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger tries to make a 50 state compliant AR

If ruger or any other AR manufacture wanted to fix the copy or duplicate shared parts BS all they need to do is a simple mod of the bolt and reciever. Like maybe change the size and add a notch or some shit. Then they could work with one of the drop in tr trigger unit folks to change the location of the pins and be done with it.
With today's tech and advanced production this should not be hard or very costly....

In hind sight I say Ruger you should have put the money and time into fighting the BS vs trying to ride along with it and find a way to make money from it.

Last edited:
Can't anyone design a flipping lower that has a fudd stock and trigger setup? Like a garand, or SKS? The pistol grip hanging down like a donkey schlong isn't comfortable for some, but this looks idiotic.

That has to be a joke?!?!?! Right?!?!? I'm pretty sure that a member here has an avatar pic that is basically that rifle, in pink. I know because every time I see it I do a double take....WTF, it's got a fixed AR stock plus a thingy like on a lever action, monte stock, only no lever.

The fact that people in the USA can't buy anything they damn well please is a violation of peoples constitutional rights. Congress should be held accountable.

Where are the John Brownings and Gene Stoners of today?
We need innovative designs that skirt the clone laws.
Someone must be working on solid weapons platforms that beat the ban.
Instead of "Designer Drugs", think "Designer Guns"...

The threaded barrel is fine as long as they omitted one other 'evil feature'... in this case, the pistol grip.

Still a dumb assed idea that has a very limited market.

Yes, but it has a threaded barrel and bayonet lug, some states go by a 1 feature test...im not sure if the lug is counted. I dont care to know more about CA LAW than i already do. Some state have become sticker than our (ma) 3 feature test and have similar stuff to our AGs reinterpretation.

either way we agree in that its stupid

Can't anyone design a flipping lower that has a fudd stock and trigger setup? Like a garand, or SKS? The pistol grip hanging down like a donkey schlong isn't comfortable for some, but this looks idiotic.

Ares SCR is pretty much what you're describing. Not sure if it would pass the copies and duplicates crap. The bolt carrier and recoil assembly are all proprietary, but other than that, uses standard AR upper parts.

Ruger_AR-556_000.JPG

This is acceptable from Ruger.

I don't see what would make it MA legal. Still has a detachable magazine.

It's perfectly legal in MA. Healey's bullshit is not law. Wether a dealer will dare sell it here or not is another story.

I would love for something like that to happen. I doubt it would though unless there was another federal awb and people wanted that crap from sea to shining sea. I would love to see a semi auto with a traditional stock that uses stanag magazines though. If only to work around the "law".

Last edited:
............or you can live your life like a free man and kick the boot from your throat.... In other words do whatever the **** you want to do... As long as you're not hurting others in the process... if it neither picks a pocket or breaks a leg, of what difference is is to me..... or the state.

The only way any FFL in MA is going to stock and sell that abortion is if Ruger submits it for approval
from the AG's office and it comes with documentation to back it up.

Anyone want to take a guess on the odds of that happening? [rofl]

Really? Do all those Tavors and Bushmasters I now see on-the-shelves have this in-writing from the AG's office?

Where are the John Brownings and Gene Stoners of today?
We need innovative designs that skirt the clone laws.
Someone must be working on solid weapons platforms that beat the ban.
Instead of "Designer Drugs", think "Designer Guns"...

THIS.

Gun design needs to advance from the 1980s. Flood the market with 'new designs' that existing ban-language from the 1990s can't defeat. The Israelis apparently are doing that already, if anyone is noticing....

Really? Do all those Tavors and Bushmasters I now see on-the-shelves have this in-writing from the AG's office?

Why would they? The Tavor and Bushmaster (I'm assuming ACR), don't fall within the guidelines of her
banned/prohibited firearms, copies duplicates, etc. edict. I wouldn't be surprised if many FFL's inquired
her office and asked for supporting documentation that says Tavor and Bushmaster are good to go just
as a CYA measure, but good luck with that, Healy has placed that burden on dealers to know and/or use
their own judgement on what's allowable and what isn't.

There are actually quite a few alternatives to the AR out there the problem for me, mostly, is that they're like 2-3x more expensive than a decent AR and aren't supported in the market place like ARs are. You can build a good reliable AR for like 600$ or less and have dozens upon dozens of ways to configure it based on what you want. I'm sure tavors or acrs or whatever else there are are great, but for what I'd be getting at 1500$ or more, not sure it would be worth it. Others may disagree, but that's why I think that design is so important - especially in our state because they accept readily available prebans that can be found pretty cheap as well.

Also the issue is with mags, a newer gun designed after the bans is going to have no access to >10 round mags as long as the ban is in effect. So you have the cost, plus being locked into cripplemags that are in some cases hard to get (Heard the PS90 10 rounders were all but unobtanium) it makes it a tough sell when everyone else gets cheap AR's with a ton of available mags and accessories.

Y'all need to put your reading glasses on and look at that front sight/gas block a little closer. There is a slab of anodized aluminum there that has a very (and I mean Very) slight dovetail to it. There is no lug or locking protrusions to accommodate a bayonet.

It is the same as my slightly neutered "Compliant" but pre-Healy moonbat decree SR 556. AND for all you Ruger haters out there, it shoots just fine.

I would love for something like that to happen. I doubt it would though unless there was another federal awb and people wanted that crap from sea to shining sea. I would love to see a semi auto with a traditional stock that uses stanag magazines though. If only to work around the "law".
Check out the ares scr or keltec su16.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom