• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger tries to make a 50 state compliant AR

Wow, that's an ugly gun. It's still black and shoots bullets. Maybe if it were pink and shot cotton balls we would have a chance.

The only way any FFL in MA is going to stock and sell that abortion is if Ruger submits it for approval
from the AG's office and it comes with documentation to back it up.

Anyone want to take a guess on the odds of that happening? [rofl]

... still fails the "copy and duplicates" edict ....

Her edict is not law!! The law is what we've been following since the fed ban expired. Not complying with her bullshit violates NOTHING but her delicate sensibilities. Oh and she knows this. Which is why she would never sue for false advertising. Because she knows they ARE legal in MA and trying that stunt would be the fastest was to get her bullshit in a courtroom and summarily dismissed. Then SHE could be sued my any person in MA who feels they are an aggrieved party. It would all be fair game at that point. Anything from PTSD from the stress her edict created to civil rights violations. A class action suit could cost the state hundreds of millions.

That AR reminds me of that scene in "The Fly" when Jeff Goldblum and that teleporting pod got spliced near the end of the movie.

5f7f747b42534ddf06084de279097a99.gif

Grips like that are a CA based thing.does it work in MA? who knows, noone should have one.
The other feature of rugers "ar" is a barrel thread protector...pretty stupid since it Would have to be pinned in place to be legal in any of the advertised states..
Then the issue of detachable mags, which I can only assume has a bullet button or some variation there of......

There are much better legal options out there..unless it takes proprietary mags and FCG, different BCG... Healey's fictional law would come into play.... but not really since they would never try such case.
the only thing that would happen would be another letter to dealers.

Overall its a gun for noob tards who want an AR and have no idea how lame they are... but like most people itll get shot twice and put in the safe.. overall its just throwing money away and no kind of "investment"

The only firearms that should be 50 State-Approved are the same ones issued to the U.S. military's front line troops...

So they created a fugly rifle that still isn't legal in any of the states they are targeting. Genius.

Yeah it's weird looking but not as bad as I thought it would be honestly. Still illegal in CT so I won't have to worry about how ugly it is.

It's not a 5.56 and it's not as accurate and nifty looking but my SKS-M is perfectly legal in CT and does not need to be registered like the ARs did for folks who were grandfathered in. It has no evil features and can be bought and sold freely in CT (and NY, MA too I think). I know, it's a SKS but it's a blast to shoot and no red tape.

Lol, i just noticed it does still have a bayonet lug....because of all the legal work arounds its the one evil feature they left on it.(other than a possible threaded barrel)

ive got to say while i hate it and its terrible. I will give them points for the bayonet lug.

Why would anyone in a real state ever buy something neutered to comply with retarded state rules???

Because there are entities out there that want us all to only own the 50 State Compliant version. By making one available they are one step closer to making it happen.
Then they will rationalize that we all need single shot firearms, then...
Death by 1000 cuts.

Grips like that are a CA based thing.does it work in MA? who knows, noone should have one.
The other feature of rugers "ar" is a barrel thread protector...pretty stupid since it Would have to be pinned in place to be legal in any of the advertised states..
Then the issue of detachable mags, which I can only assume has a bullet button or some variation there of......

The threaded barrel is fine as long as they omitted one other 'evil feature'... in this case, the pistol grip.

Still a dumb assed idea that has a very limited market.

Because there are entities out there that want us all to only own the 50 State Compliant version. By making one available they are one step closer to making it happen.
Then they will rationalize that we all need single shot firearms, then...
Death by 1000 cuts.

Ah, I never thought of that. Didn't Ruger do questionable stuff (with respect to 2A) before? So did S&W but that was rationalized to be the fault of the British owners.

Last edited:
Ah, I never thought of that. Didn't Ruger do questionable stuff (with respect to 2A) before? So did S&W but that was ratio sized to the British owners.

Bill "no honest man needs more than 10 rounds in a gun" Ruger lobbied for the magazine ban in order
to protect production of the Mini 14...

Ruger received criticism from some gun owners for suggesting that rather than ban guns, that Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[9] On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the United States Congress, stating:

The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_B._Ruger#Controversy

http://www.firearmscoalition.org/in...blog-mainmenu-87/645-bill-rugers-magazine-ban

Last edited:
Her edict is not law!! The law is what we've been following since the fed ban expired. Not complying with her bullshit violates NOTHING but her delicate sensibilities. Oh and she knows this. Which is why she would never sue for false advertising. Because she knows they ARE legal in MA and trying that stunt would be the fastest was to get her bullshit in a courtroom and summarily dismissed. Then SHE could be sued my any person in MA who feels they are an aggrieved party. It would all be fair game at that point. Anything from PTSD from the stress her edict created to civil rights violations. A class action suit could cost the state hundreds of millions.

So go buy something that is a copy/duplicate and let me know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom