Ruger SR22 3.5 vs SR22 long slide?

Hello NES -

I'm looking at picking up an SR22 for plinking. I've used my friend's 3.5" but am looking for opinions from anyone who has used the SR22 long slide 4.5", especially if you have both. Is there a reliability difference with the long slide? Accuracy improvements? Any reason you would buy one over the other?

Thanks!

I've had both, and frankly, I did not see any improvement in accuracy. Slightly longer sight radius, and that's it. Did not chrono the shots, maybe 10-20 fps faster than the shorter barrel?
I've sold the 4.5 and kept the 3.5, if that helps. Both are excellent plinkers. But they won't hold a candle to any .22 target pistol. Reliability it's the same.

I had 2 of the 3.5 1for the wife 1 for myself. traded one in for the 4.5 because of the longer sight radius I do think it is a little more accurate. it also seems to feel a little better in the hand not sure if it is just a little more to grip or what. I do like the longer slide. I will keep one of each. not a major factor to warrant me to get rid of the other 3.5 . but if I had a choice I would go for the 4.5 first choice.

I do know a guy who bought the long slide model but said he did not notice any difference in accuracy. You have to remember that these are plinkers not target pistols. With my 3.5" SR-22 I was lucky to get a 7" group at 50 feet.

Thank you for the replies. I completely understand about the difference between this and a target pistol - which will certainly be a future purchase! It looks like I'll be going with a 4.5" for the potential of some minor improvements without a downside. I also like that you don't really see the long slide around, but I've seen a bunch of the shorts. Thanks again everyone for the help!

-Nick

I do know a guy who bought the long slide model but said he did not notice any difference in accuracy. You have to remember that these are plinkers not target pistols. With my 3.5" SR-22 I was lucky to get a 7" group at 50 feet.

What? I mean I'm not talking about same hole kinda accuracy but 3 inches should be doable

Thank you for the replies. I completely understand about the difference between this and a target pistol - which will certainly be a future purchase! It looks like I'll be going with a 4.5" for the potential of some minor improvements without a downside. I also like that you don't really see the long slide around, but I've seen a bunch of the shorts. Thanks again everyone for the help!

-Nick

No noticable differences I've had both currently have the longer slide I like the way it looks better

Back
Top Bottom