ruger security six .357 magnum

dose anybody know if i can change the barrel to a longer one
i have a 2 3/4 inch i wood like to have a 4" or 6" barrel on the gun
thanks for any info u may have [grin]

While anything is possible with a liberal application of money, it may not be the best solution.
For far less than the cost of a barrel and installation, you could sell your 2-3/4" and buy another with a longer barrel.
The gun has been out of production for many years and last I heard, the factory no longer has parts for the Security-Six series.
The 2-3/4" guns are pretty popular so you should have no problem finding a buyer.

Jack

i've got a stainless security six in .357 with a 4 inch barrel so i imagine any decent gunsmith can set you up. but as jhrosier said it has been out of production for quite some time and i've no idea the availablity of barrels

Last edited:
i don't want to get rid of the gun it has some segmental value to me . it was given to me by a good friend thanks for all the info if u guys have aney mor info i wood appreciate it [smile]

I have a 4" Security Six I carried when I worked as an armored car guard 20 years ago. Back then, I had it Mag-na-ported to enhance controlability.

Now, I've toyed with the idea of using it for IDPA competition, but the porting renders it non-acceptable. I picked up another barrel on one of the auction sites - Gunbroker.com I think, just haven't gotten around to getting the barrels swapped yet.

Another possible source, of course, is Gun Parts Corporation (the former Numrich Arms).

Understand that neither of these are sources for NEW, just sources for USABLE parts.

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom