Ruger Mark III

Depending on the microdot there are mounts that fit the rear sight dovetail.

Yeah the fast fire is one of them. I already have a bushnell Trs-25 that doesn't have a home. So I was hoping to just use that. There are no drill picatinny mounts but they sit about 1/2" above the receiver. I may just have to drill and tap it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk3s are drilled for the ruger scope rail.

Some guns come with them, and some don't.

This is my 22/45 lite I have set up for steel shooting, with a TRS25 mounted on the factory rail that came with it. Its a weaver type rail. The 2015 and 2016 guns that come with a rail now use a Picatinny rail rather than a weaver.

It sits nice and low.

2016 Lite with Pic rail. Can you believe that this is an assault weapon in CT??!!??

Ruger.jpg

Trying to find the best and most reasonable way to mount a microdot to my Mk2. Seems that drilling and taping is the only way to have it mounted close than 3/4" off the receiver.
I would just go with the clamp on mount. I have shot two diiferent Pistols with them on it and the site did not seem abnormally high...

I would just go with the clamp on mount. I have shot two diiferent Pistols with them on it and the site did not seem abnormally high...

Which one? I've only seen one clamp on and it was tall enough to still use the irons sights. Which I don't want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ What's your opinion on the muzzle break? Is it noticeably louder than without?
One with the slots on top is louder with the muzzle break in place. Although Linear muzzle breaks do direct the muzzle blast down range which somewhat makes it less annoying to the shooter and the firing line. It creates an echo from the backstop though.

^ What's your opinion on the muzzle break? Is it noticeably louder than without?

One with the slots on top is louder with the muzzle break in place. Although Linear muzzle breaks do direct the muzzle blast down range which somewhat makes it less annoying to the shooter and the firing line. It creates an echo from the backstop though.

Linear brakes also don't really act as a brake. Its basic physics. If the gas goes forward, the gun goes backwards.

Obviously brakes aren't necessary on a .22. Its really only for speed shooting events where you want the sight to remain as still as possible.

The gun is marginally louder. There isn't a lot of gas or noise with a .22. So even if its louder, its still a .22.

The brake on my gun is an inexpensive Miculek brake made by DPMS. I think its about $35. Its meant for ARs. It also adds some weight to the front of what is a very light barreled gun.

Here's a better shot of the comp/brake. And yes it is indexed a bit counter clockwise when viewed from the rear. I tend to "open up" with recoil. So since I'm left handed, the gun moves up and left with recoil. So the brake is indexed to push down and right.

Last edited:
I also have a Mk II that I've used for bullseye shooting since I was 18. I assembled this gun around 1986. I don't notice the height at all once I'm shooting it.

Don

p.s. this is a circa 1986 red dot also. I can't remember the brand but it was made in Sweden and it still works great.

Last edited:
Everything LOOKS fine... I ordered the Tandemcross Firing pin and RIC eliminator kit.. Will see what that does for it...
Got the firing pin and RIC indicator installed and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Have shot 7 different types of ammo with varying FPS and not one misfire.. Took a pic of the two firing pins side by side, will try to transfer the pic to get it posted...

Back
Top Bottom