• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger LCRx

I don't understand the desire for a SA option on a snubby. If you're going to shoot a revolver, especially a one geared towards concealed carry, learn to shoot it double action.

I don't understand the desire for a SA option on a snubby. If you're going to shoot a revolver, especially a one geared towards concealed carry, learn to shoot it double action.

This.... not to mention the stupid hammer spur kills the "no snag" attraction of something like a good snubby.

-Mike

I agree that the hammer is less desirable for carry, but thats fine. I think it's a nice addition to the line.

This X1000! In a snubbie I chose DA only.....keeps me from being tempted from shooting single action when practicing with my CCW gun at the range.....does not snag......also keeps me from being tempted to waste time cocking the revolver if actually needed. Go ahead and cock that hammer and accidentally touch off that fire arm during a theat and see what happens in court! I'll stick with DA only for my carry gun. But........to each his own.

Who says it has to be a carry gun?

Well it's a lightweight revolver. They design these with the intention of being carried I bet. Of course people will do whatever they want guns but I could guess that 99% of people that own lightweight revolvers either carry them as a backup or just to satisfy their revolver hunger.

Agreed. Small light revolvers are great as carry guns. Not exactly a fun range toy. A .22LR version would probably be more fun at the range but .38 or .357 gets old fairly quick in a small package like that. Would make a decent bump in the night gun but is limited on capacity.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Who says it has to be a carry gun?

It doesn't have to be a carry gun, but methinks it will pretty much suck at everything else[thinking]

Solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

It doesn't have to be a carry gun, but methinks it will pretty much suck at everything else[thinking]

Solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Yeah that is my take on it. If I were buying a revolver that was not going to be carried and used as a range gun it woud definately NOT be an LCR of any kind......can think of much better range revolvers for $500......like a GP100!

Obviously resurrecting an old thread here, but looks like there's a 3" version now. Basically looks like a polymer/alloy GP100.....

5431.jpg

Obviously resurrecting an old thread here, but looks like there's a 3" version now. Basically looks like a polymer/alloy GP100.....

5431.jpg
Looks more like an sp101 in polymer to me. Gp100 is a big ****ing gun....this is not.

Last edited:

5431.jpg

This is neat... I wish they would have made it hammerless and put a gutter sight on it instead, though. Call me 'tarded, but I always wanted a hammerless j-frame type gun with a 3" barrel (to get the velocity up).

-Mike

This is neat... I wish they would have made it hammerless and put a gutter sight on it instead, though. Call me 'tarded, but I always wanted a hammerless j-frame type gun with a 3" barrel (to get the velocity up).

-Mike
Offered in .38 spl +p only though. I like the concept of a 3 inch xnub too but.....if they offer the sub 2 inch lcr in 357 magnum why limit this one in 3 inch to .38?

Maybe I'm just focusing on how chunky it is around the cylinder......especially the fat top strap. [thinking]

The j frame smiths are offered in 3 inch versions.....I think ruger is just testing the waters with this as the LCR is rugers j framish revolver. I don't hate it.......but like I said.....why in .38 and not .357?

Back
Top Bottom