Ruger changing? New CCW Compact and "High cap mags".

Looks like there is some changes going on over at Ruger. They have introduced a new sub-compact aimed directly at CCW and even a Mini-14 (NRA edition) with 20 rd. mags for us civilians.

Nice to see but what’s going on?

New .380

New Mini-14

Last edited:
Bill Ruger is six feet underground.

OK, that's harsh, but it's true. Now that he's gone he can't stamp the company with his "No honest man needs more than a 10 round magazine" BS.

Bill Ruger is six feet underground.

OK, that's harsh, but it's true. Now that he's gone he can't stamp the company with his "No honest man needs more than a 10 round magazine" BS.

+1

I see new signs of life at Ruger now that the Rugers are all gone from power.

I always have! (just thought that Bill Ruger was an idiot on a couple of subjects). But he did design some real nice guns... 10/22, Mark I/II, P90...

I do wish you would change the title of this thread. "Saturday night special" is not something that we should be propagating. This looks to be a quality pocket pistol.

I wouldn't be so quick to give them a pat on the back.

It appears that they're not selling individual 20rd mags just yet.

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAAccFACat?group=9&side=Magazines&type=Rifle&RI=Y

The NRA Mini-14 is a limited edition 2008 model...

Ruger supports the NRA Institute for Legislative Action with a new Mini-14 model available only for 2008

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAFam...ding&famlst=20&variation=Mini-14® Ranch Rifle

And it has an MSRP of $ 1035.00 (for a Mini-14 [shocked]?... screw that).

I'll be convinced when they come out with an MP9 carbine... until then... bleah. The only gun that ruger really makes now that interests me at all is the 10/22. They can keep the rest of them. [laugh] Don't get me wrong, they make a perfectly good gun, I just don't like having a safety manual printed on the side of the gun. Other companies put warnings but they're a tad more subtle about it.

-Mike

Boy, wouldn't it be nice to see that LCP become MA legal???

A lot of their other ones are. I imagine they would take this into consideration in the design of a new gun. I wonder how well the .380 will be accepted versus a 9mm. Even better (more powerful and better feeding) than the .380, but still doable in a "blowback" design is the NAA Guardian .32 NAA.

I'll be convinced when they come out with an MP9 carbine... until then... bleah. The only gun that ruger really makes now that interests me at all is the 10/22. They can keep the rest of them. [laugh] Don't get me wrong, they make a perfectly good gun, I just don't like having a safety manual printed on the side of the gun. Other companies put warnings but they're a tad more subtle about it.

-Mike

Ruger is learning. The Vaquero had a G-D billboard on the left side of the barrel completely ruining the looks of a very cool pistol. Now the New Vaquero has all that shit on the bottom of the barrel, where you have to try to see it.

Also, I have always admired Ruger's hunting rifles. The M77 MKII, the new Hawkeye, and my favorite, the No. 1. A No. 1 Light Sporter in 7x57 is sweetness indeed.

Blowbacks have heavy slide mass. My NAA Guardian .32 weighs 15.8 oz loaded. I quit carrying it because it was the proverbial brick. The .32NAA is even bigger and heavier. Guns like the KelTec P32/P3AT and the Ruger LCP are lighter due to their locked breech actions. A P3AT is smaller and only 11.4 oz in the pocket; means less likely to be left at home.
GC

A lot of their other ones are. I imagine they would take this into consideration in the design of a new gun. I wonder how well the .380 will be accepted versus a 9mm. Even better (more powerful and better feeding) than the .380, but still doable in a "blowback" design is the NAA Guardian .32 NAA.

Back
Top Bottom