• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger brings back the PCC in 9mm?

Well, that's probably going on the buy list. I have wanted a PCC for a while, but couldn't justify the cost. Using SR mags (that I all ready have) is a huge win.

Really been enjoying PCCs lately (AR9, CX4 Storm). Haven’t played with a 10/22 takedown but I like the concept better than that of a Keltec folder.

Hmm - I like it. I'd prefer it in wood, but it still looks ok without being over the top Tommy Tactical. I've wanted a carbine in 9mm for a while - this looks like a winner to me.

I don't think it takes the Ruger P-series mags. For us old timers they need a sleeve if it doesn't.

This may make the old PC9 and PC40 collectors loosen their grip on them for the newer version.

I had the previous model of Ruger PC9. It was surprisingly heavy, and the trigger was just kind of ... weird. Like you had to drag it a really long way and the trigger break was in a strange place, behind where you expected from any other rifle. I never could get used to it. If this new one has a better trigger, I'd be very interested.

Yup... that's pretty cool. I've got a 9mm AR setup for colt style mags but this thing would be cool to add to the safe.

Was lucky enough to shoot one. Lousy trigger, cool platform. I like my Keltec sub 2000 better. I've been wanting a baretta px4 storm, maybe I'll get one of these instead. Because thats what I need, another pistol caliber carbine with a shit trigger.

Was lucky enough to shoot one. Lousy trigger, cool platform. I like my Keltec sub 2000 better. I've been wanting a baretta px4 storm, maybe I'll get one of these instead. Because thats what I need, another pistol caliber carbine with a shit trigger.

From Ruger's info page on the new carbine:

Light, crisp trigger pull with minimal overtravel and positive reset utilizing proven 10/22® trigger components.
It may be a while before we understand exactly which 10/22 aftermarket trigger parts are interchangable. But one way or another, I expect there will be decent trigger options for these carbines eventually.

With any luck, these carbines may develop a real aftermarket like the 10/22 takedown rifles. This would be a major improvement over the original PCC carbines which had no aftermarket that I am aware of.

Looks like the version that ships with a ten round mag,
(different #), doesn't have the threaded barrel as listed on the specs

Sweet! The glock mag well was a really good move!
Looks like it has some serious aftermarket potential. If there aren't already, i'll bet a dozen companies are looking to make a replacement stock with a pistol grip and folding/adjustable butt stock or one that allows you to slap AR grips and butt stocks on it. Magpul is probably going to go apehouse on it.

If Ruger is offering these in SR, American, and Glock magazines, then does this mean they could make adapters so that this could use different mags as well? Say, Sig P320, S&W M&P, Beretta 92, and LC9 magazines?

I'm interested. I don't have a PCC yet and I've been eyeing the CX-4 Storm but the Ruger is a bit cheaper, looks more versatile and I already have mags for it.

Great concept but God is it ugly. It looks exactly how I was afraid it was going to look, right down to the mag which looks like a kid just grabbed a random mag out of dads gun drawer and jammed it in there.

I would of preferred a 10/22 clone upsized for 9mm, flush fit rotary mag or banana mag, drill and tap the receiver and include a section of rail in the box, options of wood or polymer, stainless or blued.

I've never seen the 'need' for a 9mm carbine, but the indoor range I belong to only allows pistol caliber rifles so I'm thinking of getting one of these to shoot in the winter time, the price is right. Now if only it wasn't so expensive to find preban mags in MA...

Great concept but God is it ugly. It looks exactly how I was afraid it was going to look, right down to the mag which looks like a kid just grabbed a random mag out of dads gun drawer and jammed it in there.

I would of preferred a 10/22 clone upsized for 9mm, flush fit rotary mag or banana mag, drill and tap the receiver and include a section of rail in the box, options of wood or polymer, stainless or blued.
I don't like how the magazine sticks out either, in fact, I hate that it's not even located in the pistol grip, but that's the modular design to use a variety of magazines. We'll see how it works over time.

Rotary mags would have been a no go, I don't even see why you'd want that in proprietary magazines that would mean you can't use your pistol magazines in the carbine. Defeats the whole purpose of the gun.

The options you want are just nit picking like an old lady. You either want it in stainless or blued, make up your mind. Wood is not necessary on a carbine, it adds weight to a gun that doesn't need to weigh that much and it adds cost. If you got a hard on for a wood stock pistol carbine, buy a Marlin Camp Carbine.

Back
Top Bottom