• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger brings back the PCC in 9mm?

If Ruger is offering these in SR, American, and Glock magazines, then does this mean they could make adapters so that this could use different mags as well? Say, Sig P320, S&W M&P, Beretta 92, and LC9 magazines?

If these catch on, I expect to see lots of aftermarket parts. New Mag wells seems a no brainer.

Ruger could easily put this out for $350 and sell a shit to of them. I doubt there's much on this rifle that took ruger a lot to produce using current machines and borrowing parts from other models.
If they want a carbine that will sell quickly they would have it straight from the factory with at least 4 adapters for different mags pick the 4 top mags I guess.
A low profile aperture style sight at the rear of the receiver and a rail that's could be removed ? I think they missed the mark on the stock. Could have done better with at least something closer to a pistol grip. The grip to trigger length looks long.
Over all if your a ruger fan you will most likely like it. I do like the ambi control option although be nice if they just made it ambi and not just reversible. Ruger sure is good at getting after market folks business.
Picked up my PC 9 I have XYZ stock on the way , new Kidd trigger group and match barrel and my night force scope ships monday! Can't wait to try someones

I see a 50 state legal steel challenge pcc rifle.
Theres a few events in states that don't allow thumbhole stocks or pistol grips, this will fill that gap.
I might be convinced to give pcc a try with this thing.

I don't like how the magazine sticks out either, in fact, I hate that it's not even located in the pistol grip, but that's the modular design to use a variety of magazines. We'll see how it works over time.

Rotary mags would have been a no go, I don't even see why you'd want that in proprietary magazines that would mean you can't use your pistol magazines in the carbine. Defeats the whole purpose of the gun.

The options you want are just nit picking like an old lady. You either want it in stainless or blued, make up your mind. Wood is not necessary on a carbine, it adds weight to a gun that doesn't need to weigh that much and it adds cost. If you got a hard on for a wood stock pistol carbine, buy a Marlin Camp Carbine.
You make a good point regarding the mags, I'll give you that. What's wrong with having an OPTION for different finishes or different stocks? The aesthetics blow on this gun. Black tacticool plastic with rails. Gag. Looks like something Hi point would design. Looks like a fun gun but hate the look that's all.

You make a good point regarding the mags, I'll give you that. What's wrong with having an OPTION for different finishes or different stocks? The aesthetics blow on this gun. Black tacticool plastic with rails. Gag. Looks like something Hi point would design. Looks like a fun gun but hate the look that's all.
Like most rugers (or guns, really) if this winds up being popular (which if it works it will be) there will be many stock options from which you can choose. You can buy 50 different 10/22 stocks or 500 AR stocks. Also, I wouldn’t doubt that at some point in the future more magazine configurations will be available. More sight options, more configurations from the factory...

It’s been out less than a week hasn’t it? Give ruger a couple days to vary it a little. Give others a chance to make the cool knick knacks to go with it.

Just wondering, with respect to the AWB, is this a viable candidate for a flash suppressor since it doesn’t have a pistol grip? Or would that need to be permanently attached still because of the threaded barrel?

Last edited:
Why are you comparing a 10-22 to this carbine in price? If you want a $300 to $400 carbine in 9mm buy a high point.

Other than the mag module, the components: receiver, trigger group, stock and take down functionality looks like a 10/22. I'm comparing it like they're cousins with many common parts, ie AR9 vs AR15.

Great concept but God is it ugly. It looks exactly how I was afraid it was going to look, right down to the mag which looks like a kid just grabbed a random mag out of dads gun drawer and jammed it in there.

I would of preferred a 10/22 clone upsized for 9mm, flush fit rotary mag or banana mag, drill and tap the receiver and include a section of rail in the box, options of wood or polymer, stainless or blued.
It is no uglier than a Beretta. I wonder if all Beretta rifles and carbines are intentionally made ugly to reduce the civilian consumer demand.

It is no uglier than a Beretta. I wonder if all Beretta rifles and carbines are intentionally made ugly to reduce the civilian consumer demand.
Berettas carbine looks gross too. I've got a 92fs and a bunch of mags but I could never bring myself to buy that disgusting hunk of plastic.

Other than the mag module, the components: receiver, trigger group, stock and take down functionality looks like a 10/22. I'm comparing it like they're cousins with many common parts, ie AR9 vs AR15.
It looks nothing like a 10-22 to me except for the trigger group.....and the trigger group according to the Ruger write up is all that's "borrowed". Comparing a 22lr to a pistol cal carbine in price is not apples to apples......borrowed components or not.

Utilizing Glock mags does it for me, although I agree it is at least a bit fugly. I like the KelTec sub 2000, but I have a hard time using the open sights on it, there are no easy, cheap ways to mount an optic, and if you do, you can't fold it. I would love an AR style 9mm that takes Glock mags, but they seem hard to find, expensive and many/most don't have a bolt hold open on last shot feature that I assume the Ruger would.

Bottom line, if this can be bought for around $500.00 and the trigger doesn't suck (or can be fitted with aftermarket parts to make it better) this could go on my want list.

It looks nothing like a 10-22 to me except for the trigger group.....and the trigger group according to the Ruger write up is all that's "borrowed".

I'm not really clear on this. I believe it says the trigger shares some components with....whether or not that means I could pop out the pins and swap in my entire hotrodded 10/22 trigger....?

Utilizing Glock mags does it for me, although I agree it is at least a bit fugly. I like the KelTec sub 2000, but I have a hard time using the open sights on it, there are no easy, cheap ways to mount an optic, and if you do, you can't fold it. I would love an AR style 9mm that takes Glock mags, but they seem hard to find, expensive and many/most don't have a bolt hold open on last shot feature that I assume the Ruger would.

The Glock mag has the same cant angle on an AR9, but looks more pronounced on this Ruger. Makes a classy rifle look a bit clownish. It does hold the bolt open after the last round.
Ruger_PCC_LRBHO_600.jpg

The AR9s using factory colt mags hold it open as well. And the Glock lowers from the group buy utilized the uppers for LRBHO.
IMG_8968_edit_600.jpg

Great concept but God is it ugly. It looks exactly how I was afraid it was going to look, right down to the mag which looks like a kid just grabbed a random mag out of dads gun drawer and jammed it in there.

I would of preferred a 10/22 clone upsized for 9mm, flush fit rotary mag or banana mag, drill and tap the receiver and include a section of rail in the box, options of wood or polymer, stainless or blued.

I think you are missing the purpose and potential of this rifle. The rotary mags are basically only possible with a teeny tiny 22 and the mags are the worst part of the 10/22. Slow to load and the bananas are infamous or failing to feed (without modification).

If this takes off, which it probably will. Ruger will definitely add more options and the aftermarket is going to be so deep for this rifle. Look at the variations in the current 10-22 or the 22/45's. The fact that the from the 10-22 trigger groups will cross over is already a big win and glock mags are a slam dunk.

Pistol caliber carbines are generally odd-ducks and not really all that great at anything except practice and PDW's. If this is cheap enough it could be ok as home defense gun great as a "trunk-gun" (alternative to a real rifle) that you could slap your carry mag into and go to work.

I am generally of the opinion that a real rifle is the best solution for almost every problem that I would want to use a gun for.

Last edited:
I'm not really clear on this. I believe it says the trigger shares some components with....whether or not that means I could pop out the pins and swap in my entire hotrodded 10/22 trigger....?
Another poster said he thinks the new 9 carbine is not his thing because it's double the price of a 10-22 takedown. My point was there is no comparing the two guns because all that is similar is the trigger.

R
I think you are missing the purpose and potential of this rifle. The rotary mags are basically only possible with a teeny tiny 22 and the mags are the worst part of the 10/22. Slow to load and the bananas are infamous or failing to feed (without modification).

If this takes off, which it probably will. Ruger will definitely add more options and the aftermarket is going to be so deep for this rifle. Look at the variations in the current 10-22 or the 22/45's. The fact that the from the 10-22 trigger groups will cross over is already a big win and glock mags are a slam dunk.

Pistol caliber carbines are generally odd-ducks and not really all that great at anything except practice and PDW's. If this is cheap enough it could be ok as home defense gun great as a "trunk-gun" (alternative to a real rifle) that you could slap your carry mag into and go to work.

I am generally of the opinion that a real rifle is the best solution for almost every problem that I would want to use a gun for.
Rotary mags are completely possible with larger carteridge. Ruger makes the m77 bolt action rifle in 357 mag and 44 mag. Both have rotary magazines.

I don't like how the magazine sticks out either, in fact, I hate that it's not even located in the pistol grip, but that's the modular design to use a variety of magazines. We'll see how it works over time.

Rotary mags would have been a no go, I don't even see why you'd want that in proprietary magazines that would mean you can't use your pistol magazines in the carbine. Defeats the whole purpose of the gun.

The options you want are just nit picking like an old lady. You either want it in stainless or blued, make up your mind. Wood is not necessary on a carbine, it adds weight to a gun that doesn't need to weigh that much and it adds cost. If you got a hard on for a wood stock pistol carbine, buy a Marlin Camp Carbine.
I want wood and stainless, I like the look and feel. I don't particularly care if wood adds weight, in many cases I feel like a little more weight in the stock improves balance and this is not the type of rifle I would be hunting with anyway, which is essentially the only time I would care much about weight in the first place. Different strokes for different folks....

Home - Just Right Carbines
I have one of these Just Right Carbines in 45acp. Uses Glock mags. Very modular, uses AR trigger group, AR stocks fit (put a MagPul on mine). I sold my other one in 9mm (Glock mags) to a friend. Both guns very reliable, accurate and fun. I bought it at B&K a couple of years ago when I was in Brian's store for an incoming transfer. Don't usually buy guns spontaneously, couldn't leave without it, I have been very happy with the Just Right Carbine.
Stogie

Back
Top Bottom