Ruger 10/22 owners.

The Ruger 10/22 is like the Honda Civic of firearms. There are a multitude of aftermarket accessories but you do NOT need most of them.

Do get the Volquartsen Extractor, although it'll be a while before your really need it. I also really like the Automatic Bolt Release, tech sights and a sling.

I've only read the first page, but I guess I need to dissent, in some cases.

I have a Shillen barrel on one of my 10/22s. Its a $300 barrel. I run a snake through it, but when I clean it, I clean it from the breach. So my 10/22 has a hole in the receiver.

The way I look at it, the receiver is a $50 part. Also, it doesn't require a $50 jig to drill it. Its a flat surface. Center the hole horizontally and measure 5/8" down from the top edge. Then use a spring loaded center punch to make a dimple to start the drill.

1403d1369664564t-drilling-cleaning-hole-your-10-22-2013-05-27_06-52-34_389.jpg

I've only read the first page, but I guess I need to dissent, in some cases.

I have a Shillen barrel on one of my 10/22s. Its a $300 barrel. I run a snake through it, but when I clean it, I clean it from the breach. So my 10/22 has a hole in the receiver.

The way I look at it, the receiver is a $50 part. Also, it doesn't require a $50 jig to drill it. Its a flat surface. Center the hole horizontally and measure 5/8" down from the top edge. Then use a spring loaded center punch to make a dimple to start the drill.

2013-05-27_06-52-34_389.jpg

I used a Unibit for a nicer finished hole and the fact that it started small and stepped up.

The receiver is only 1/4" thick aluminum, so a cheapie Harbor Freight Unibit knock off will work fine.

The Ruger 10/22 is like the Honda Civic of firearms. There are a multitude of aftermarket accessories but you do NOT need most of them.

Do get the Volquartsen Extractor, although it'll be a while before your really need it. I also really like the Automatic Bolt Release, tech sights and a sling.

I agree 100% except I'd add an extended mag release if its an older gun with the difficult to press mag release. I have an extended one and can drop a mag with my middle finger without breaking my grip.

Useful in a timed appleseed segment.

when I remove the bolt I run a bores name down the barrel from the breach end. I'm not sure I understand why you would drill a hole to facilitate barrel cleaning?? A snake is way easier than a cleaning rod anyway.

when I remove the bolt I run a bores name down the barrel from the breach end. I'm not sure I understand why you would drill a hole to facilitate barrel cleaning?? A snake is way easier than a cleaning rod anyway.

I consider a bore snake to be decent for a quickie clean up. But not really what I'd use for a thorough cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom