• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger 10/22.....going plastic?

I read on another forum that starting sometime this year, various parts of the 10/22 rifle are now plastic. The barrel band, the trigger guard, the trigger itself, and the "box" section that contains the trigger (it and the trigger guard are one piece.) I guess the "pre-'08" 10-22s will now take on the same romantic mystique as a pre-'64 Winchester lever gun.

They started getting cheap YEARS ago. My 1971 10/22 has a blued steel butt plate and a walnut stock. Ruger went to a cheap plastic butt plate and a birch stock a few years later.

Not that it means anything to Ruger, but the change just means more money for the aftermarket parts vendors.

Speaking of that... I've always wondered why Ruger simply didn't incorporate, include, offer or buy out some of the improvements designed by companies like Volquartsen, Power Custom, Green Mountain, etc and sell the rifle as an upgraded model (at an inflated price)?

Speaking of 10/22 aftermarket, I was thinking of ordering a set of THESE

I got a set of those sights. They are quite nice; I wanted to get something that would be similar to the M1 Carbine, and they are. But they are a little bit high up off of the top of the receiver. I wish Ruger would just ship an M1 style sight with the 10/22, it is kind of a copy of the M1 carbine anyhow...

Not that it means anything to Ruger, but the change just means more money for the aftermarket parts vendors.

Speaking of that... I've always wondered why Ruger simply didn't incorporate, include, offer or buy out some of the improvements designed by companies like Volquartsen, Power Custom, Green Mountain, etc and sell the rifle as an upgraded model (at an inflated price)?

they do have some distributer-exclusive models with upgrades parts. the ones ive seen are all race-rifle types though.

Back
Top Bottom