• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road Rage Incident This Afternoon

I was involved in a road rage incident about half an hour ago while driving my girlfriend to work, and it was one of those moments where I was glad that I had my EDC with me.

I got into the right turn lane and was about to make the turn when an SUV in the center lane started coming into my lane. I slammed on my brakes and the SUV sped up and made an illegal right turn from the center, almost clipping my car. As I continued onto the two lane main road, the SUV slowed down in the left lane so their window was next to mine, and the driver and his passenger (both young Black guys) started shouting at me, "F**k you gook!" (I'm of Asian decent) "Ima **** your ass up!". I sped up to get away from him, but he caught up and then abruptly cut into my lane in front of my car to block me in. I went around him and continued on, but he started giving chase and once again, swerved around me (almost going head-on with an oncoming car) and attempted to block me in again. I was able to get away and turn onto a side street. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw them speed past the street entrance, pull a U-turn, and turn onto the side street. Fortunately I'm pretty familiar with the neighborhood, so I made several turns onto different streets in the area until I lost sight of them, then continued back to the main road. I took a couple more out-of-the-way turns before getting to my girlfriend's workplace to be sure they weren't still following us.

The whole thing had me pretty shaken up, to say the least. I've been accosted before, but I've never encountered a level of anger and potential violence like this, especially since I hadn't done anything wrong (besides maybe give the guy a dirty look when he cut ME off and almost hit my car). In hindsight I should have had my girlfriend call 911, and I'm glad I knew my way around the neighborhood in order to lose them. The thought did occur to me though, that I had my handgun on me and would possibly have to use it if he did succeed in boxing me in/running me off the road and tried to physically attack me and my girlfriend.

Ditto, glad you kept your cool and did not escalate. Besides calling 911, your GF should have video recorded the agression by the other driver for evidence. Did you get the plate number? Those thugs may feel empowered to pull that kind of crap again.

I never really understood the "cut someone off and then get pissed at the person I just cut off" mentality. Maybe all that registers in their pointy little heads is that they came close to an accident and since they couldn't possibly be to blame you're they bad guy. The concept of "right of way" is utterly foreign to people like that. Just to be safe, take a different route tomorrow.

Quick question; did you beep at them? Some peoples fragile egos can't stand that and they fly into a rage.

Yes it sucks. Had the same thing happen with me. But sometimes being cool is the best plan. If they hit your car then it's game on road warrior style. But you know those kids would of called the cops on you. Then what? But if someone cuts you off and comes up to the window it's education time. You could of schooled him on how offensive words hurt people and that he should apologize. Laid hands on u then it's boom and then lawyer up. You never shoot anyone you eliminate threat.
Punks are punks. They will always be the first to call the cops and game the system. You did right. I know it sucks and personally that racial name would of made me flip. But at end of the day you need to keep your guns for the serious stuff.

To be honest I have bounced a few heads off of curbs before. Usually young kids with egos that get a free army combative lesson from me. But most of these kids are xboxers looking to impress friends. It's really a waste of time dealin with them. They are the biggest pussies. You did right. Perhaps one day you will run into them again and be armed. Karma has a funny way of showing up

Last edited:
That sounds frightening, I've never had anyone try and follow my car before.
Glad it didn't escalate further. hindsight and all that, it would have been good to get a license or description to the police. That was a case of assault. Just because it was someone was driving in a car, it doesn't matter, it's illegal to threaten to hurt someone.

First of all I call BS [bs2]as it's unpossible for black people to be racist.

kidding aside, glad the homies didn't really try something and glad you didn't have to give them a lead infusion and get dragged through the legal and financial wringer.

What you could do next time (god forbid there is a next time) is drive to the local PD. I bet they won't follow you there. Once they're out of site leave the PD parking lot and go on your way. I'd probably personally not actually go into the PD and talk to cops bc I generally don't like inviting cops into my life, but if you had the homies plate # and felt threatened enough do do so, you could always file a report. May a cop on patrol around the block would pick them up with a car full of drugs and guns they're not licensed to have.

since I hadn't done anything wrong (besides maybe give the guy a dirty look when he cut ME off and almost hit my car). In hindsight I should have had my girlfriend call 911, and I'm glad I knew my way around the neighborhood in order to lose them. The thought did occur to me though, that I had my handgun on me and would possibly have to use it if he did succeed in boxing me in/running me off the road and tried to physically attack me and my girlfriend.
It happened in Quincy.

Unfortunately I didn't get the plate number. I didn't honk at him, just gave him a dirty look when he almost hit my car. That apparently was enough to set him off.

If you didn't do any more than shoot ihm a dirty look, it's possible you cut him off or in some other way offended him without realizing it unless he just didn't like the color of your vehicle or some such.

I think you did well in not getting out of your car, it's a very effective weapon and means of escape if *they* do, and you can shoot through your window if need be.

School me on this guys, but why would you ever get out of your car? Yea, I'll be staying in the locked metal shield for as long as possible...

School me on this guys, but why would you ever get out of your car? Yea, I'll be staying in the locked metal shield for as long as possible...

Good advice. If you get out of your car all the justice system sees is two combatants.

Every time I read a story like this I think I should get a dash cam.

My friend once got chanced around Worcester by a couple of guys in a car swinging a golf club out of the window so yes, these things do happen! Glad you're both alright. Get a dash camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the case for those of us with convertibles [thinking]

I've called the police to try to report the license plate from a road rage incident and was told not to bother... waste of time - they said that if the Police don't actually see it happen with their own eyes, ...then it didn't happen..

I've called the police to try to report the license plate from a road rage incident and was told not to bother... waste of time - they said that if the Police don't actually see it happen with their own eyes, ...then it didn't happen..
In NH or MA? I cant speak for NH law but in MA that is not the case.

Not where I travel. I had a Maine State Trooper call my cell phone and speak to me directly over an incident. I even passed by him as he was sitting in the median talking to me.

This story must be madeup , there are no violent,racist young black men...infact your the racist for mentioning their race. You should donate to the NAACP immediately so they can help those poor yong men,they are the real victims here.

This has not been my experience. My daughter called one in and the State police were there in a matter of minutes

I'm pretty sure I've had cops called on me for stupid crap (e.g. some guy didn't like that I passed him... on a regular road with two lanes... go figure) and nothing ever came of it.

First of all I call BS [bs2]as it's unpossible for black people to be racist.

This was my first thought too. It's obvious that the OP is mistaken. No doubt the two youts were just welcoming him to the 'hood.

No doubt it was a bit hectic, but whenever possible it's best to get the plate number and call 9-1-1. Call FIRST and you'll have the most credibility with the police.

I'm glad it worked out for you, these things sometimes don't go well.

- - - Updated - - -

This has not been my experience. My daughter called one in and the State police were there in a matter of minutes

You hear it on the radio, especially the MSP radio system frequently. They make an effort to catch the party too. Sometimes the caller will stay on the line and follow the alleged offender, but personally I wouldn't advise that.

My friend once got chanced around Worcester by a couple of guys in a car swinging a golf club out of the window so yes, these things do happen! Glad you're both alright. Get a dash camera.

Holy sh1t this must be a Worcester thing. I had a similar experience in the Greendale area. In my case I whipped out my phone and started filming (Never mind the fact it is about 10 years old and the video quality is complete trash) and yelled "welcome to the intertubes!" they effed off right quick.

I got a laugh out of it, but it could have went south right fast. I've only got out of my car once during a case of "road rage" but I was 17 and had just bought my first car with money I worked hard for (Convertible Cavalier z24). Some arse ran a stop sign and T-boned me in the parking lot on the second day of driving it to school. I wasn't even the first one out of my car. I was pretty chill, all things considered, until the guy started cursing and then kicked my car.

So a while back some ahole cut me off in Framingham, I pulled to the side of his car and gave him a look and shocked my head. He proceeded to take off and cut me off again. At the next light I pulled next to him again, He proceeded to shout profanities at me matched by his girl, sitting next to him. I yelled, "QUIET, listen up" , how much for the little woman? Ala Blues Brothers. Her yaw dropped down,and he actually looked at her. I started to laugh and burned some dust. Sometimes you need to do something out of the box to shock the other side. No profanity was used on my part....this time.

Got tailgated by some skinheads in webster ma a few years back after they almost hit me backing out of a space at mcd's. Held up my droid as if I was filming and they backed right off.

So a while back some ahole cut me off in Framingham, I pulled to the side of his car and gave him a look and shocked my head. He proceeded to take off and cut me off again. At the next light I pulled next to him again, He proceeded to shout profanities at me matched by his girl, sitting next to him. I yelled, "QUIET, listen up" , how much for the little woman? Ala Blues Brothers. Her yaw dropped down,and he actually looked at her. I started to laugh and burned some dust. Sometimes you need to do something out of the box to shock the other side. No profanity was used on my part....this time.

Winning. Anytime you can work a Blues Brothers reference into your life is a good day.

Back
Top Bottom