• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road Rage Incident This Afternoon

It means if someone comes to your window and starts pounding on it-the threshold has been passed. What are you gonna do let them cave your window in while your stuck in traffic? I have been in the situation and was carrying. The person all of a sudden walked way. That's all I am saying

To be honest, I really don't care. At that point the moron had been chasing me for about 10 minutes. This was the age before cell phones. I had tried to get away and got caught at a traffic jam. If someone wanted to make the case that I threatened them after they hunted me down and then came to my window screaming and pounding on it-bring it. At the point I did all I could do.

I drove down to CT yesterday. Other than the sign at the state line (and the license plates) I could not tell the difference between MA drivers and CT drivers.

That story is so wierd cuz when I was in quincy I cut of a guy and the started chasing him. I wasnt boxing you in. Just showing you my nes sticker!! :)haha

I agree, but maybe some suck more than others!

Found this relevant.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-st...-and-the-states-that-hate-them-210526950.html

MA, 5th rudest. NH, 3rd nicest. [smile]

Kind of surprised by ID, UT, and WY. Not sure why, just dont think of rude a-holes when I think of that area.

I was seeing a girl in NH for a while and she was horrified by some of the things I did behind the wheel and I consider myself a fairly laid-back semi-courteous driver. I do notice the difference between MA and NH drivers for sure.

Kind of surprised by ID, UT, and WY. Not sure why, just dont think of rude a-holes when I think of that area.

I was seeing a girl in NH for a while and she was horrified by some of the things I did behind the wheel and I consider myself a fairly laid-back semi-courteous driver. I do notice the difference between MA and NH drivers for sure.
You want differences? You should do what I have to do with family visits: start in NH, go through MA, CT, NY to wind up in NJ. South of the NH border, it's all pretty much Ma**hole drivers. :)

I drove down to CT yesterday. Other than the sign at the state line (and the license plates) I could not tell the difference between MA drivers and CT drivers.

They are pretty much the same between MA and CT. I can recognize RI drivers because they don't know what high beams are for and leave them on all the time. Now, they suddenly get nicer when crossing into NH. In ME they tend to get a little too nice and are totally unaccustomed to being honked at. I remember long ago when I honked at that old lady in Farmington.... She gave me a look as if I just ran over her poodle. I won't do that again.

Hahaha oh this brought back a memory for me!

I too believed that I was a fairly normal driver at the age of 19 or 20ish when I gave a ride to a colleague in Boston who was from NY. I was not being aggressive AT ALL. Suddenly he's grabbing dashboard and door handles and exclaiming the Lord's name in all sorts of ways and I said (truly worried) "What?"

He replied: "You're driving like a maniac, NY Cabbies don't drive like this!"
I drove slowly for him

Everytime I've been in a cab in NY since, I do notice that their driving isn't that bad, I wonder why they have a reputation. Then I think of my old friend and laugh.

We are a different breed of driver up here. We are "pros" and we have THE lowest traffic fatality rate per mile in the country by far.

I had a guy from the Midwest with me one day as I entered a rotary in Quincy and proceeded to make sure that the buthead coming into the circle didn't cut me off as I was already in it. The guy headed right at me but backed off. The Midwest guy looked at me and said " he almost hit you" , I said no, he almost hit you, you are sitting on that side. He says to me "you bastard". I LOLed.

Hahaha oh this brought back a memory for me!

I too believed that I was a fairly normal driver at the age of 19 or 20ish when I gave a ride to a colleague in Boston who was from NY. I was not being aggressive AT ALL. Suddenly he's grabbing dashboard and door handles and exclaiming the Lord's name in all sorts of ways and I said (truly worried) "What?"

He replied: "You're driving like a maniac, NY Cabbies don't drive like this!"
I drove slowly for him

Everytime I've been in a cab in NY since, I do notice that their driving isn't that bad, I wonder why they have a reputation. Then I think of my old friend and laugh.

We are a different breed of driver up here. We are "pros" and we have THE lowest traffic fatality rate per mile in the country by far.

I HATE cabbies. I always do my own thing in the slow lane with the cruise control on and mind my own business. That's just the type of driver I am. I always see cabbies cut people off, no signals, drive between two lanes, tailgate me in the slow lane, etc.. So now, I will go out of my way to mess with a cabbie any chance I get. All legal of course.

Back
Top Bottom