• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road Rage Incident This Afternoon

One day I watched two cars, one with a guy, the other a girl, chasing each other up 93 trowing water bottles at each other as well as obscene jesters, braking and lane swerving. Just generally making it unsafe for everyone else. Smart, real smart.

Another time while driving on 93 at 3:30am into work I had this HUGE Ford P.U. Truck start to pass me and then started to come right over on me well before he go past me. I blew my horn, changed lanes, etc and he kept on coming for two lanes, then takes off like a raped ape. I called the SP, gave them the plate number and told them what happened. I had seen this truck for a week, every day, never had any interaction with him. Never saw him again after that as I think he got fired, the truck had commercial plates and I think his boss didn't like getting calls from the SP asking him what his driver was doing. Yes, they do call as my son in-law can attest, but that is another story.

What is the legality of recording on a dash cam or cell phone IRT to the Massachusetts two party consent law? Since the recording would obviously be without the assailant's consent, would I be in violation if I submitted it as evidence?

Life is too precious and delicate for retarded road rage. Just avoid that shit....no reason to shoot anyone. The car is best tool....drive away and if needed run them over.....problem fixed.

What is the legality of recording on a dash cam or cell phone IRT to the Massachusetts two party consent law? Since the recording would obviously be without the assailant's consent, would I be in violation if I submitted it as evidence?

I keep saying this but nobody listens. In fact, I've said it so many times I no longer have to look up the spelling for surreptitious.

There is no two party consent law. MA law bans surreptitious recording of audio. Where the line on surreptitious is is open to interpretation, however, you are definitely safe recording video.

I got suckerpunched through my driver's open window when I was 17. Totally unprovoked, never saw the guy before, no road rage, I was parked while my friend ran into a store. Now there's a big can of Prestone De-icer right handy, and anyone who approaches with hostile intent gets a face full of isopropyl alcohol and ammonia. The stuff shoots 10-12 feet and burns like a sumbitch, but doesn't cause permanent damage. Being trapped in a car with a guy throwing punches through the window is a rotten situation, but pulling the trigger on an unarmed guy won't play well in this state, or many others this side of Texas. A less than lethal option might be enough to change his attitude.

Last edited:
I keep saying this but nobody listens. In fact, I've said it so many times I no longer have to look up the spelling for surreptitious.

There is no two party consent law. MA law bans surreptitious recording of audio. Where the line on surreptitious is is open to interpretation, however, you are definitely safe recording video.

The "two party consent" law comes from using the telephone. If you call me, I can't flip on the recorder without telling you. Exceptions to this comes from calling companies. If a company is in a business where recording of phone calls in routine and needed to avoid confusion, Think banks, financial institutions, assume you're being recorded.

Also, recording in public is fine so long as it's obvious that you're recording.

Remember that Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinsky had an issue with this. One was in DC and one was in VA. I think Tripp was in VA and recorded the conversation with Monica, then handed it over to authorities. VA is a one party state. DC is two party. Tripp got in trouble over that.

I got suckerpunched through my driver's open window when I was 17. Totally unprovoked, never saw the guy before, no road rage, I was parked while my friend ran into a store. Good thing I wasn't carrying anything or I'd be posting this from state prison. Now there's a big can of Prestone De-icer right handy, and anyone who approaches with hostile intent gets a face full of isopropyl alcohol and ammonia. The stuff shoots 10-12 feet and burns like a sumbitch, but doesn't cause permanent damage. Hopefully that settles it. If it escalates from there, well then . . .

When I was 17, I cut a guy off on rt 128 one night, completely by accident. He was on a gay sport bike. My GF and her friend were in the car. He followed me off the exit. Stopped next to me at the next light, hit my window, then spit on it. My car was worth about $500 bucks. I opened my door so hard into him and his bike that he fell over. Closed the door and left.

HHmmm, how does that jibe with the upskirt law

The "two party consent" law comes from using the telephone. If you call me, I can't flip on the recorder without telling you.
You don't need to gain "consent" you just have to "notify"; you can continue to record over their strenuous objections.... I think

When I was 17, I cut a guy off on rt 128 one night, completely by accident. He was on a gay sport bike. My GF and her friend were in the car. He followed me off the exit. Stopped next to me at the next light, hit my window, then spit on it. My car was worth about $500 bucks. I opened my door so hard into him and his bike that he fell over. Closed the door and left.

It's nice to hear that you clearly learned a lot from almost killing a motorcyclist. Obviously it was his and his gay sport bike's fault.

You should keep moronic stories like that to yourself.

AA

Aaron[MA];4124242 said:
It's nice to hear that you clearly learned a lot from almost killing a motorcyclist. Obviously it was his and his gay sport bike's fault.

AA

I think you clearly missed the point. Road raging is a bad idea, as this rider found out. And whether I cut him off or not is up for debate. He apparently thought I did. And if he thought I did, he should have avoided me and moved along. Organ donor season is a dangerous time for Riders, and 128 is a dangerous place. Road raging is a dangerous thing to do. This guy was playing for the trifecta.

I think you clearly missed the point. Road raging is a bad idea, as this rider found out. And whether I cut him off or not is up for debate. He apparently thought I did. And if he thought I did, he should have avoided me and moved along. Organ donor season is a dangerous time for Riders, and 128 is a dangerous place. Road raging is a dangerous thing to do. This guy was playing for the trifecta.

No, I got the point. You cause road rage with your incompetent driving and then blame the other guy because, well motorcycles are scary and dangerous; he got what he deserved. Got it.

AA

I got suckerpunched through my driver's open window when I was 17. . . . Good thing I wasn't carrying anything or I'd be posting this from state prison. . . .

No you wouldn't. I'm pretty sure gun sites are blocked on any internet accessible computers available to prisoners.

I saw something similar in Newport, only the guy was driving an expensive BMW and the biker he raged at was on a hog and accompanied by 10 friends with anger issues. Beemer lost a side mirror but that sacrifice was enough to appease the anger gods. No blood was shed, much to my surprise.

Aaron[MA];4124258 said:
No, I got the point. You cause road rage with your incompetent driving and then blame the other guy because, well motorcycles are scary and dangerous; he got what he deserved. Got it.

AA

Now I understand where you're coming from. You think losing your temper over something frivolous is just fine. You also think that if you lose your temper, it's somebody else's fault. You then think following somebody and actually acting on that anger is also just fine. Got it.

Aaron[MA];4124258 said:

AA

No, you miss it.

He admitted that he most likely cut the motorcyclist off. That's not the discussion. It wasn't on purpose, but it happens when driving on rare occasion. Are you saying that you've NEVER cut someone off, by accident or not? ...because that would make YOU an incompetent driver.

Rage starts when the cyclist pulls along side him, strikes his vehicle, and then spits on him. At what point does he make any reference to bikes being scary or dangerous?

I don't know about you, but I could give a flying chocolate frosted f*ck less how that situation started. The result is that the cyclist was so pissed, that he decided to take out his anger on the drivers car. Dude needs a Xanax.

I rode motorcycles for years. I can think of 3 ridiculously close encounters. One time I just shook my head, laid on my "gay sport bike" horn, and left. Did I want to headbutt the woman's driver side window? Yep. I was close enough. But acting out on things like that does nothing. She'll still be the moron who doesn't pay attention to traffic the next day, and my helmet would have been scratched.

Aaron[MA];4124242 said:

AA

Actually, I think his actions were justified. The biker initiated the encounter. Teaser just finished it.

Next time just murder the gay biker and help the organ donor supply [rolleyes]

Next time just murder the gay biker and help the organ donor supply [rolleyes]

If you kill someone on the road, they head to the medical examiner for autopsy which pretty much precludes organ donation. The ideal situation for organ donation is one in which there is brain death, but the circulatory system can be kept going through artificial means.

What they don't often speak of when advocating organ donation is that a typical donor will be in the OR, on a vent, having organs removed while his heart is still beating - but is clinically brain dead.

"Then when you let me up, and I am back on the street open carrying the next day, are you putting me on the ground again?"
"Yup"
"And the next day?"
"Yup"
"Harassment, and the state will have one less freedom hating imbecile cop like you, my friend. No offense."

If he says: "Well, probably not"
then you can say
"Then my evil plan of desensitizing you to normal people carrying guns has worked."

Of course if he's willing to lie, I hope that his victims have body cameras. I think that there's a much better than even chance that SJC's Simkin or a similar construct will protect you from ultimate responsibility of creating a disturbance based on carrying your holstered gun openly.

Of course I say this as a person who doesn't open carry. :D
If I ever do, it will include a body camera! :D :D :D

This is why you film all interactions with police on the iPhone.

Grew up with friends who carried ball bearings in there pockets for idiot 4 wheelers.

This all reminds of the woman who after I passed her in a 10 wheeler in the second lane on Rt 3 S sped up to not allow me back into the first lane even after crowding the line. I left my blinker on and I'm sure she saw it plus my exit was coming up so I said to myself "my blinker is not a request it is a warning". She was really pissed she lost the battle with a 65,000 pound load as she defiantly moved into the breakdown lane while hard on the binders. I'll bet she felt good flipping me the bird as I entered the exit ramp.[laugh]

Grew up with friends who carried ball bearings in there pockets for idiot 4 wheelers.

This all reminds of the woman who after I passed her in a 10 wheeler in the second lane on Rt 3 S sped up to not allow me back into the first lane even after crowding the line. I left my blinker on and I'm sure she saw it plus my exit was coming up so I said to myself "my blinker is not a request it is a warning". She was really pissed she lost the battle with a 65,000 pound load as she defiantly moved into the breakdown lane while hard on the binders. I'll bet she felt good flipping me the bird as I entered the exit ramp.[laugh]
I never understood people like this. You pass them then they speed up so you cant get back over. When I was doing field service this used to happen all the time. I handled it the same way, just drift over and the other driver has a couple choices. Slow down so I can get in, move into the breakdown lane or hit me. never had anyone hit me.
I think people take it personally when you pass them.

As a fairly new MA resident, I can tell you that MA people are the worst in this respect.

I'll come up on a car going 67 in the left lane.

I'll start with my left blinker - ignored
Then I do a quick flash of my lights - sometimes works. sometimes ignored.
Then I pass them in the right.

At which point they accelerate to 10 mph faster than they were originally going.

Another m******* move is to have your cruise on and be passing a car at 1/5 mph and be completely unwilling to touch the gas to get the pass over in less than 3 or 4 miles.

One day I watched two cars, one with a guy, the other a girl, chasing each other up 93 trowing water bottles at each other as well as obscene jesters, braking and lane swerving. Just generally making it unsafe for everyone else. Smart, real smart.

Not certain but are obscene jesters anything like these guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
i almost got some ******* to go straight into the woods that was playing the chase game with me one day. have fun trying to match that sharp turn i just made in a car where i built the suspension to do just that--in your big ass SUV. i was laughing my ass off when the dude went into the dirt.

i don't know why people do that shit. i've never done it to anyone, it's ****in' stupid. what are you going to do when you catch them? give them a piece of your mind? get your ass kicked? get stabbed? get shot?

Another spot to piss people off is the 93N 3S split in Braintree. Some idiot thought I'd back down when he was attempting to pass me in the left lane for Rt3 as he was in the right lane for Rt93N. Last thing I saw in my mirror was dirt and dust. [rofl]

I swear the smaller the car the bigger the balls.

I never understood people like this. You pass them then they speed up so you cant get back over. When I was doing field service this used to happen all the time. I handled it the same way, just drift over and the other driver has a couple choices. Slow down so I can get in, move into the breakdown lane or hit me. never had anyone hit me.
I think people take it personally when you pass them.

I refer to that as "Massachusetts Cruise Control." When you're behind them, they slow down. When you pull out to pass, they speed up. Some university researcher could probably get a government grant to study it.

I refer to that as "Massachusetts Cruise Control." When you're behind them, they slow down. When you pull out to pass, they speed up. Some university researcher could probably get a government grant to study it.

Maybe rather than a group buy, we could do a group research project. That funding would buy a lot of ammo! And we could just fake the research. Like anyone would read it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom