RIP Vermont: update the restrictions passed the House

This wasn't an emergency bill. It went through the normal process on the Senate side, though the House side seems to have been accelerated.

Yeah but I think it's a distinction without a difference, usually these kinds of things take awhile to marinate. The "bad thing" happened in the middle of Febuary, and they've already drafted and passed shit before the end of March, with seemingly no debate or resistance. To say that "something f***y is going on here" is just a little bit of an understatement.

I gotta say. I hate being right. I ignored this thread for a whole week. I come back and exactly what I said was happening happened.

"This is only committee." Unreal. Seems like some folks might be out-of-touch around here. People in and out of VT considered VT to be a "free" state when every indication was that it wasn't.

I was wrong. You win. I underestimated their ability at high speed corruption in lawmaking.

What do you want a prize? [rofl]

-Mike

This is exactly what happened. The bill, S.55, started in the Vt Senate in July 2017 as a bill to regulate drug sales:

The title and purpose were then changed by amendment in committee in late February to a bill regarding the disposition of abandoned firearms:
And a second amendment was added putting in place universal background checks. From there the race was on and all the rest of the crap was piled on by amendment in committee. It is worth noting that the original title of bill, on the regulation of drug sales, appears to have been used the whole time in the Senate: talk about sleaze. Even once it went to the House, they only used the title having to do with the disposition of abandoned firearms (the current title of the bill), which is a complete misdirection on the actual purpose and content of the bill.

It appears the Vermont legislature, and governor, has taken the leap down quad black diamond slippery slope of gun control. I'm hoping for my VT friends this bill somehow does a Michael Kennedy, but it's not clear if or how that will happen.

That makes sense then, I knew something was up about the whole thing. They just took an existing bundle of shit (that nobody cared about) and stuffed a bunchg of anti shit into it at the last minute and then passed it.... sleazebags.

-Mike

That makes sense then, I knew something was up about the whole thing. They just took an existing bundle of shit (that nobody cared about) and stuffed a bunchg of anti shit into it at the last minute and then passed it.... sleazebags.

-Mike

that's exactly what they did in MA and FL, they just call it "emergency"

that's exactly what they did in MA and FL, they just call it "emergency"

In a way because of how Kevin describes it, it is worse than that, because they slipped the public a mickey when they tucked the gun shit into an EXISTING bill with a
different name. That's a new level of sleaze...

-Mike

Didn't they just legalize them and for hunting too? Hopefully that poisons everything.
They added an Fudd exception:
(c) A person shall not use a gun suppressor in the State, except for use by: ... (5) a person taking game as authorized under 10 V.S.A. § 4701.
So they undid legal range use and only allow suppressors to be used for hunting. Fudd City

WOW
Rep reads amendment for allowing suppressors while hunting.

Another rep calls for the amendment to be dropped from consideration and says this does not pass litmus test - the bill is about safety, not protecting hearing so the amendment is not relative.

"it is not Germain" They ignored it. WOW.

WOW
Rep reads amendment for allowing suppressors while hunting.

Another rep calls for the amendment to be dropped from consideration and says this does not pass litmus test - the bill is about safety, not protecting hearing so the amendment is not relative.

"it is not Germain" They ignored it. WOW.
Since good hearing is a matter of safety I'd say they're wrong.

So because one kid planned a mass shooting, but got caught good job Vermont, that means to over-react and attack things that have been legal for well over 200 years? They're acting like the kid perpetrated the action when in reality they did their job and stopped him. Why are they still going full retard then?

So because one kid planned a mass shooting, but got caught good job Vermont, that means to over-react and attack things that have been legal for well over 200 years? They're acting like the kid perpetrated the action when in reality they did their job and stopped him. Why are they still going full retard then?
That's what leftists do. Let no good crises go to waste and they're making a crises out of it.

Passing laws on feelings. If one day society finally becomes civilized, they'll look back in disgust how lawmakers were allowed to pass laws because of "feelings" instead of cold hard facts, the way it should be. What an embarrassing time to be alive

My guess: :emoji_moneybag: for their :emoji_ballot_box:

I don't see a carpetbagger emoji in the list, but pretend I used one of those, too.

20180327_221501972_i_OS.jpg

You guys in VT got royally screwed by outsiders who are only there to take bribes and make cattle out of you. If this was flyover country those legislators would know not to leave the city.

Vermont’s standing in that annual NRA state-by-state ranking is going to take a hit next year.

Back
Top Bottom