• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

rifles in 7.62 x39

Hey guys I been trying to do some research on some decent fid compliant rifles that come in 7.62 x39 my fid "should" come in anytime now and I've already decided on an sks and want to find a singlestack wasr 10 (a lot harder to find than I hoped). But I'm also looking to find a couple other rifles that fire 7.62 x39 so I would have to buy a bunch of different cal ammo I could just buy a lot of x39s. Any suggestions or tips would help thanks in advance

Not from personal experience, but check out the CZ bolt action. They are known to be e excellent quality at an affordable price, and have a model chambered in 762x39

wasr-10: This is your Century Arms Import rifle that is not touched by Century Arms- it is in it's as-is imported form from Cugir, Romania... unless CAI threw a Tapco trigger group into it and added a piston/muzzle brake like they are currently doing. Sometimes you can find one that has all of it's original parts, but those will be older rifles. Built off of surplus romanian military parts. So expect the typical machining associated with the roughest built AKM in the world. People who cry about how ugly romy AKs are (WASRs) don't know what they should be looking at because they are fools who expect finely crafted gold out of 50 year old tooling.
500px-Century_Arms_WASR-10.jpg

yugo PAP: A fine rifle in it's untouched form. Has all of the typical "beefier" Yugoslave AKM parts on it: thicker 1.5mm thick sheet metal receiver, yugoslav front and rear trunnions with their unique rivet pattern and beefier front trunnion (so that the rifle could launch grenades reliably without shearing trunnion rivets). Don't pick one up if it's been "modified" for double stack mags- not only because you have a FID, but because the conversions always suck. The bolt in this rifle was never designed to strip rounds out of a double stack mag, so conversions are always terrible and never work "right." You can replace it, but I am not sure how these would fair as I've never seen someone run a regular yugo bolt in the front trunnions of these rifles. It's a beautiful rifle in it's untouched form, though. I'd love to have one.
dsc0013tmb.jpg

Saiga 7.62x39: Enough said. AKM manufactured in mother russia.
SAI-762-IZ332-D.jpg

Bulgarian SSR-85C: A unique rifle in the fact that these are built off of Type 3 AK-47 parts onto a AKM (sheet metal) platform. So you look at it and go "what the ****?" when you see the Type 3 AK barrel components on it. Take note of the gas tube (6 45* vent holes) and the beefier gas return block and FSB- that's type 3 AK-47 stuff. A fine rifle, regardless of the mutt-like appearance. But, once again, stay away from double stack conversions because the front trunnion was machined only to allow single stack mags and requires milling work in order to correct it. Unless the front trunnion is pulled and replaced with a matching bolt, or a good machinist and AK builder is on point (understands that the lower rivets need replaced and re-set after the milling work), these conversions suck ass and should never be considered good.
31394d45feaf158984ae133abe84.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom