Revolver vs. Auto. ???

G26 (10+1 with 2 spare mags). Capacity, Concealability, and Reliability (never have had an FTF or FTE with this gun).

S&W M640 revolver in .357 magnum most of the time because if I ever fire the gun I prefer to keep the brass in the gun. .357 magnum has best track record of one shot stops.

I also carry Commander sized M1911, Glock 17 and Beretta Tom Cat semi autos.

The single action M1911 because it is simply the best fighting handgun ever made and the .45 acp is a close second to the .357 magnum in one shot stops.

The Glock 17 because of the combination of high capacity and light weight as well as the partially cocked striker is second best to a single action.

The Beretta Tom Cat because it is tiny and is better than a sharp stick.

This is how I roll...FTF? no problem.

1911_8.jpg

S&W M640 revolver in .357 magnum most of the time because if I ever fire the gun I prefer to keep the brass in the gun. .357 magnum has best track record of one shot stops.

I also carry Commander sized M1911, Glock 17 and Beretta Tom Cat semi autos.

The single action M1911 because it is simply the best fighting handgun ever made and the .45 acp is a close second to the .357 magnum in one shot stops.

The Glock 17 because of the combination of high capacity and light weight as well as the partially cocked striker is second best to a single action.

The Beretta Tom Cat because it is tiny and is better than a sharp stick.

One shot stops ey? [hmmm]

.357 revolver.

no hammer, no sights. just a laser sight.

why?
because revolvers dont jam, and if your round doesnt shoot, you can squeeze the trigger again. also, they dont have a safety. So the safety can not fail. and if you wnat an extra level of safety, you can always leave one empty cylinder. (i dont do that)

revolvers are always better for self defense for that reason. they are RELIABLE.

just remember Murphys law. (example: my musket never misfired (over 200 shots in the past 3 months) i went to a turkey shoot, and it misfired on my first shot.)

and to the people that think they need 16 shots. Most self defense shootings occur at 10 feet or less, and usually in a public area. you dont need 16 shots at 10 feet or less. And if you cant hit the person with one shot, then you should practice more. Because a .357 will go through a few walls if you miss.

G26 (10+1 with 2 spare mags). Capacity, Concealability, and Reliability (never have had an FTF or FTE with this gun).

WTF?
are you planning on shooting 20 rounds at someone? taking out an entire gang? in the city?

Last edited:
Marshall and Sanow are demigods, don't you know it? [rofl]

-Mike

Marshall and Sanow's research is ancient and outdated. Today's top performing bullets did not even exist when they compiled their information. There are a lot of other problems with their conclusions also.

With modern ammo the 9mm is now considered to be very close to the .357 & .45. However, most if not all modern research concludes that the .357 & .45 are still at the top.

You can disagree if you like, but I don't know of any research that says otherwise.

It has always been my opinion that while wheel guns are usually the most reliable, they are more difficult to conceal, so semi ftw.
I find the opposite. Round butt revolvers, even something as large as an N frame, are much easier to hide due to their flowing curves. The brick shape of any semi auto's grip is much more troublesome to conceal, and requires much more care in clothing and holster selection. You also need to move a little more carefully when packing a semi.

.357 revolver.

no hammer, no sights. just a laser sight.

why?
because revolvers dont jam, and if your round doesnt shoot, you can squeeze the trigger again. also, they dont have a safety. So the safety can not fail. and if you wnat an extra level of safety, you can always leave one empty cylinder. (i dont do that)

revolvers are always better for self defense for that reason. they are RELIABLE.

just remember Murphys law. (example: my musket never misfired (over 200 shots in the past 3 months) i went to a turkey shoot, and it misfired on my first shot.)

and to the people that think they need 16 shots. Most self defense shootings occur at 10 feet or less, and usually in a public area. you dont need 16 shots at 10 feet or less. And if you cant hit the person with one shot, then you should practice more. Because a .357 will go through a few walls if you miss.

WTF?
are you planning on shooting 20 rounds at someone? taking out an entire gang? in the city?

Your comments are full of ignorance.

ETA: I carry 34 rounds of ammo when I pack the Glock.

anyone thats serious about self defense uses a revolver. (go ahead semi-auto lovers, post some HATE now) lol

all those posts about carrying extra ammo are all crap (dont mean to offend anyone)

like i said: 99% of self defense situations occur within 10 feet. you barely have any time to AIM. let alone reload, or try to fix a jam, or miss fire, or maybe you put on your safety by accident and need to take it off. A pissed off dude on drugs with a knife will be all over you in less than 2 seconds.

if you carry 2 mags, maybe you shouldnt carry. you might kill someone standing by and end up in jail. Besides, where do you people have space to put so many mags? between car keys, cellphone and wallet, and the concealed gun, that doesnt leave a lot of room for extram ammo. specially during summer, wearing shorts and a shirt.

Your comments are full of ignorance.

ETA: I carry 34 rounds of ammo when I pack the Glock.

you are ignorant. This is not Iraq dude. you are not going to need 34 rounds. stop playing Rambo.

I carry both...and always have a Derringer for back up. Not always at same time.
S&W Air-Lite Revolver because of weight & it is a basically simple gun.
PPKS semi-auto w/spare mags, but a heavy gun
Derringer is always on me!!!Better than a stick!

Which cylinder should you leave empty?
the one person i know that does that, leaves the cylinder that lines up with the barrel empty. i guess as an extra level of safety. since when you pull the trigger you fire the next round.

i told her it was pointless, the hammer couldnt strike the primer, but thats how she feels comfortable carrying.

PPKS semi-auto w/spare mags,

why would you carry a spare mag? you wouldnt have time to reload, and you shouldnt even have to reload.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. There's nothing wrong with having an excess of ammo. Sure, you'll probably never need it. But Murphy's Law and all that.

did you ever have someone 10 feet away from you trying to jump you with a knife??????

there is no time to reload or do anything. you act fast or you are done. no need for extra ammo.

and Murphys law is the reason why revolvers are better.

stop trying to prove a stupid and pointless point. Extra Ammo is useless during self defense.

now you make no sense.

theres a big difference. we dont need a special license for a spare tire either.

No difference at all really. You carry a spare tire in case your primary tire malfunctions (gets a flat, bent rim, whatever.) You carry a spare mag in case your primary mag malfunctions. (The additional ammo is a nice bonus too.) And since when do you need a "special licence" to carry a spare mag?

did you ever have someone 10 feet away from you trying to jump you with a knife??????

there is no time to reload or do anything. you act fast or you are done. no need for extra ammo.

and Murphys law is the reason why revolvers are better.

stop trying to prove a stupid and pointless point. Extra Ammo is useless during self defense.

Hey Munny, do you smell that? [troll]

Last edited:
No difference at all really. You carry a spare tire in case your primary tire malfunctions (gets a flat, bent rim, whatever.) You carry a spare mag in case your primary mag malfunctions. (The additional ammo is a nice bonus too.) And since when do you need a "special licence" to carry a spare mag?

reed my post above. NO TIME TO REACT.

you need to take a self defense class, or aska friend to try to beat you up, and you will realize what i am telling you

I gotcha. So the only time you'll ever need a gun is when someone is 10 feet away with a knife. You're never going to encounter 2 or more people at a longer distance, possibly with guns. Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom