Revolver vs. Auto. ???

I've never been in the military and while I did have someone pull a gun on me once, I've never been shot at or shot at someone else. I can hit center mass on a paper target and believe I'm pretty cool under presure but I am untested for a fire fight. I hope I'm never in a situation to have to use a firearm in self defense but if I am, I want more than six rounds because I've never practiced shooting at people while getting shot at.

I shoot my P228 better that I shoot my PD386 and it is more comfortable to carry and hold and holds twice as many rounds. I do carry the 375 when in the woods though.

It depends. Sometimes both.
Revolver is a 442: When I'm alone and in a hurry. When I can't carry IWB, the revolver goes in the pocket or on the ankle.
Auto .40 M&P: Any time I am with family, when I could be perceived as an easy target, going to the bank, and at church. Yes, church. Think about what's happening in the world, think about what has already happened in other countries, think about what is next. I just hope I have enough ammo and some help. Who brings a gun to church? Exactly.

It depends. Sometimes both.
Revolver is a 442: When I'm alone and in a hurry. When I can't carry IWB, the revolver goes in the pocket or on the ankle.
Auto .40 M&P: Any time I am with family, when I could be perceived as an easy target, going to the bank, and at church. Yes, church. Think about what's happening in the world, think about what has already happened in other countries, think about what is next. I just hope I have enough ammo and some help. Who brings a gun to church? Exactly.

If I was a church going type of guy, I would bring a gun to church.
Chuck

I'm at home sitting in front of this here computer screen all nice and warm and comfy, dressed in some nice soft sweat pants and a baggy sweat shirt. Got my 642 in the SmartCarry holster on and I can barely tell it's there. Try it, you'll like it.

Again, it's about what you can carry easily AND shoot well with. It doesn't matter a tinker's damn whether you can carry a .45 that with which you can't shoot worth a damn. If what you can shoot WELL with is a .22 then carry a .22. I wouldn't recommend it, but if that's what you can shoot well with then it's a better choice than whatever else that you CAN'T shoot.

You're vastly unlikely to encounter anyone you need to shoot. Let's get that straight right off the bat. You are very unlikely EVER to employ your carry gun. But if, God forbid, you ever DO need to use your carry gun, you'd best damn well be able to hit your target. That['s why I had no hesitation in switching from my 1911 (which is having double-shot issues due to a sear problem) to my Browning hi-power which fits in the same holster. If I can't do it in 14 rounds I'm screwed. Since I NEVER miss a man-size target with 9mm, -I'll take that chance. I would say the same about a .357 4-inch.

You should carry for what you can conceal well and you can shoot well with. I don't care if it's a .22. If that's the gun for you, then it's the gun for you. Don't let any keyboard commando jackass tell you different. Missing 5 out of 6 shots with your .45 means YOU ARE DEAD. Shoot the MF'er THEN worry about whether he'll merely be dead vs. wounded. If you hit him 4 times, the chances that he'll shoot BACK are minimal.

Again, it's about what you can carry easily AND shoot well with. It doesn't matter a tinker's damn whether you can carry a .45 that with which you can't shoot worth a damn. If what you can shoot WELL with is a .22 then carry a .22. I wouldn't recommend it, but if that's what you can shoot well with then it's a better choice than whatever else that you CAN'T shoot.

You're vastly unlikely to encounter anyone you need to shoot. Let's get that straight right off the bat. You are very unlikely EVER to employ your carry gun. But if, God forbid, you ever DO need to use your carry gun, you'd best damn well be able to hit your target. That['s why I had no hesitation in switching from my 1911 (which is having double-shot issues due to a sear problem) to my Browning hi-power which fits in the same holster. If I can't do it in 14 rounds I'm screwed. Since I NEVER miss a man-size target with 9mm, -I'll take that chance. I would say the same about a .357 4-inch.

You should carry for what you can conceal well and you can shoot well with. I don't care if it's a .22. If that's the gun for you, then it's the gun for you. Don't let any keyboard commando jackass tell you different. Missing 5 out of 6 shots with your .45 means YOU ARE DEAD. Shoot the MF'er THEN worry about whether he'll merely be dead vs. wounded. If you hit him 4 times, the chances that he'll shoot BACK are minimal.

I agree with you. Usually I carrry a 642CT revolver in my front right pocket in a DeSantis holster, +P ammo, with a speedstrip in another pocket. I sometimes carry a Kahr PM9, but the revolver seems to fit my large hand better, I have confidence in it, and seem to shoot it very accurately. I also usually carry a Seecamp .32 in my right back pocket in an Akers wallet holster as a back-up. To each their own I agree, I am comfortable with the revolver and the limitations of the 5 +P shots....

Sometimes I carry the Kahr with the Seecamp, but not often.

Missing 5 out of 6 shots with your .45 means YOU ARE DEAD. Shoot the MF'er THEN worry about whether he'll merely be dead vs. wounded.

you might as well be dead, cuz you will be going to jail. those 5 bullets will hit something else. (assuming you are in the city)

Back
Top Bottom