Revolver vs. Auto. ???

Revolver. Cause it will always go bang when I pull the trigger... No FTF, no safety on by accident etc..

Striker-fired auto, mostly a Glock 22, occasionally a Kahr K40c. I can hit what I'm aiming at (unlike with a revolver), and I can easily carry 46 rounds with the Glock.

I carry two nickle plated desert eagles in .50AE because no one loved me as a child and I was teased in the locker room...

[rofl2]

Seriously - semi-autos work fine. Buy good guns - not a terrible idea to have an extra mag not only for capacity but random failures... Anything mechanical can fail - even a revolver (particularly one with non-sense safeties...).

Any gun you carry is better than the one in your safe.

I don't think any gun is the be-all end-all of self-defense. It's all about what you feel comfortable with and can shoot reasonably well combined with concealment. For me, that's a 1911. But I've also carried a hi-power, officer's model, Ruger P9o and a S&W model 36. (recently traded for a Belgian hi-power.) If I could carry a 4-inch .357 as well concealed as a semi-auto I would seriously consider it.

I end up carrying a semi, usually a G30SF or a G19. Usually both have the same amount of lint between cleanings.

Also known as, medium sized hand grenade.... [rofl]

g30sf-small.jpg

i dont own any wheel guns but the semi-auto depends on what shoes and boxers i'm wearing.

They have to match for when i have to bail out of the bedroom window(s)

Semi-auto, because I believe that a quality auto is just as reliable as a wheel gun. I find that a single stack auto is easier/more comfortable for me to carry concealed. The extra rounds are a factor as well.

Chris

It has always been my opinion that while wheel guns are usually the most reliable, they are more difficult to conceal, so semi ftw.

Auto works for me. I like having the larger capacity and the faster reload, and I shoot it just fine. Revolvers are great guns though, and in the end, carry what suits you best.

I have several wheelguns that I enjoy shooting but rarely will one of them be my main carry. I've worn my S&W 36 in an ankle holster to events where I must dress nice with shirt tucked in, no jacket. I've worn the SP101 in a shoulder holster while the Makarov or 1911 is on my hip, but that's only because a .357 magnum in a shoulder holster is the best rig I can think of to wear for long trips in the car where I might be travelling through bear country. Those bears will sneak right up and car-jack your ass man! [wink]

Generally I shoot semi-autos much better than wheelguns. I'm carrying a full size 1911 today. I'll carry my East German Makarov fairly often this time of year too. Both are very reliable and I can hit what I'm aiming at with them.

but that's only because a .357 magnum in a shoulder holster is the best rig I can think of to wear for long trips in the car where I might be travelling through bear country. Those bears will sneak right up and car-jack your ass man! [wink]

I love an ankle holster for long trips, as it is easy to bring up and discretely access while belted in and actively driving.

Back
Top Bottom