Revolver safety flags

The last time I sent an S+W revolver back to the factory they put one on the cylinder of my 686. Was just a red plastic disc with a hole in it.

-Mike

If you must know.... [grin]
When I have a moment to do the dreaded chore of blackening my hands with Hoppes #9, I thought it might be an easy way to identify cleaned / not cleaned revolvers when in the safe. I use yellow or orange chamber flags for my semi-autos for the same purpose. Hey, it works for me.

When I have a moment to do the dreaded chore of blackening my hands with Hoppes #9, I thought it might be an easy way to identify cleaned / not cleaned revolvers when in the safe. I use yellow or orange chamber flags for my semi-autos for the same purpose. Hey, it works for me.

I see, well hey everyone has their methods. I might have one from a ruger I bought, I'll take a look and I'll send it to you if I still have it but it's only one.

Thanks, but I found another way on anothe board; "by using a wood clothes pin on the barrel, I can easily tell the buggers that need to be cleaned without pulling everything out of the safe".

I have an easier system. Firearms don't go into my big safe unless they have been cleaned, which makes me clean them [grin]

That's my method too.

I have an easier system. Firearms don't go into my big safe unless they have been cleaned, which makes me clean them [grin]

I have my old "gun locker" in the cellar and that is where any gun that has been fired goes until cleaned. They then move to the real safe.

I usually clean them right away though so the locker is usually empty.

I wish I had that luxury. They are always in my immediate control or in the safe. I can't be too safety conscious with kids in the house. When time permits (or I need a break from the chaos), I open the safe and clean what needs to be cleaned.

Back
Top Bottom