Retaliation strikes by Iran have begun...

Doesn't work on some types of short range missiles that the radar can't feed targets to the counter-batteries easily.

Would a Phalanx (spelled wrong?) work against these? I realize they're normally put on ships, but I'm not sure why they couldn't help guard a base.

I agree nuking them won’t happen. BUT we absolutely need to use all other means to destroy their ability to develop nukes. If we don’t the threat to us and our allies becomes a serious issue. Obama blew it with the nuclear agreement and now we need to clean up this mess once and for all.

Good question. I thought we had some anti-missile stuff like patriot missile.

Patriot is late ‘80s technology. I’m sure Iranian engineers figured out how to defeat it long, long ago.

The most reliable short-range missile defense is still a nice, deep hole with plenty of overhead cover.

I agree nuking them won’t happen. BUT we absolutely need to use all other means to destroy their ability to develop nukes. If we don’t the threat to us and our allies becomes a serious issue. Obama blew it with the nuclear agreement and now we need to clean up this mess once and for all.

This, I’ll tentatively endorse. This is a foolish war to start, but since it’s here? Might as well quit messing around and state our war aim as the full denuclearization of Iran.

It’s still sick and wrong that we’re over there, but since we are, we might as well get something concrete out of it. But just watch: it won’t happen.

The most reliable short-range missile defense is still a nice, deep hole with plenty of overhead cover.

So...
iu

I watched some of Pompoe's Q&A today (?) after he gave some comments about the killing of Solemani.

Loved his response to the question about QS being in Iraq on a "diplomatic mission."

I am sure the media will spin this rocket attack as retaliation but my guess is this had been in the planning stages and was likely just 1 of the things QS was in Iraq to put in place or check on.

Would a Phalanx (spelled wrong?) work against these? I realize they're normally put on ships, but I'm not sure why they couldn't help guard a base.

There are land based systems based on Phalanx which work against artillery and mortar shells. Israel has a similar system called Iron Dome which was specifically developed for the type of short range cruise missile and rockets that typical US land based anti-missile systems don't work well against.

I watched some of Pompoe's Q&A today (?) after he gave some comments about the killing of Solemani.

Loved his response to the question about QS being in Iraq on a "diplomatic mission."

I am sure the media will spin this rocket attack as retaliation but my guess is this had been in the planning stages and was likely just 1 of the things QS was in Iraq to put in place or check on.

I got a chuckle out of that line too...

I can never understand NES.

One day it’s we should leave the Middle East entirely. The next we should engage in a full blown war with Iran.
you do realize that NES is made up of a lot of people from across the political spectrum each expressing their view. not one voice

If we go hot and hard INSIDE of Iran with stealth and tomahawks, I'm sure that would trigger any CONUS sleeper cells, if they truly exist...

This, I’ll tentatively endorse. This is a foolish war to start, but since it’s here? Might as well quit messing around and state our war aim as the full denuclearization of Iran.

It’s still sick and wrong that we’re over there, but since we are, we might as well get something concrete out of it. But just watch: it won’t happen.
I thoroughly agree we never should have gotten involved in the first place.

At this point...

And as regards denuking Iran, not gonna happen save one method: GLASS.

They're not going to abide by anyone's terms.

Back
Top Bottom