• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Restriction removal in lowell?

RichLec

NES Member
Anyone have any success with getting LTC restrictions removed in Lowell? I figured I'd ask before possibly wasting my time..

Thanks
Rich

Hope this isn't too late to help.
I had Target & Hunting from Lowell for 9 years. On my 2nd renewal last July I enclosed a letter (on a business letterhead) with my application, stating that;

• I had been licensed in MA since 2004, and in NH since 2006, without incident.
  • I owned a small business in Pelham NH and had to travel often between states, with cash receipts, from work to various banks and home.
  • While it was legal for me to carry concealed in NH, I was forced to stop at the MA state line to unload and lock up the gun, handling it un-necessarily at the side of the road, where I could be observed by people passing by.

All of which was true, and I was given an unrestricted license.

I think I also enclosed a deposit slip or something with the business info on it.

Last edited:
My understanding is lowell might issue unrestricted if your a business owner and carry cash.
Other than that your probably SOL

Rich, I think I've told you about this but I could be wrong... theres some progress on this in any case:
GOAL is working on this. There have been some changes, staff-wise, in the lowell police force. One of the directors of GOAL has a meeting set up with the new chief and a few other relevant parties to talk about this and try to reach an accord. From what I've heard so far, new chief is more amenable. I'll try to keep you updated if anything exciting happens.

Last edited:
Rich, I think I've told you about this but I could be wrong... theres some progress on this in any case:
GOAL is working on this. There have been some changes, staff-wise, in the lowell police force. One of the directors of GOAL has a meeting set up with the new chief and a few other relevant parties to talk about this and try to reach an accord. From what I've heard so far, new chief is more amenable. I'll try to keep you updated if anything exciting happens.

So they replaced the chic that used to issue them ? She stood in fit a class at umass and said if she pulled you over and it came up you have a ltc she have her gun drawn even if the traffic stop was for some thing like a broken light.

So they replaced the chic that used to issue them ? She stood in fit a class at umass and said if she pulled you over and it came up you have a ltc she have her gun drawn even if the traffic stop was for some thing like a broken light.
I dont know specifics and if I did I'd probably not name names on here. If I find out, and you wanna ask me next time you see me I will let you know, lol

Yes I read that post on NES last year sometime........she was teaching some class at umass Lowell for the CJ major program and told the whole class if she has a traffic stop and saw LTC she would draw her fire arm as she approached the vehicle. Moonbat.

might be easier to remove yourself from Lowell then to remove your restrictions. I live in Lowell and work in NH. Im doing it wrong.

The old chief retired and they have a new chief. GOAL has a meeting setup with him later this month to discuss removing restrictions for women LTC holders and under that same assumption they are hoping to get all restrictions removed.

I have been in touch with the lady at goal (not naming names as cass said) and hope for good things..

The old chief retired and they have a new chief. GOAL has a meeting setup with him later this month to discuss removing restrictions for women LTC holders and under that same assumption they are hoping to get all restrictions removed.

I have been in touch with the lady at goal (not naming names as cass said) and hope for good things..

Hope so

Back
Top Bottom