• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Renewing in Peabody

Laura

NES Member
Just bought ammo last night at Walmart and was reminded that my LTC expires on 10/6 of this year, which I knew, but how early should I renew?

We just renewed my wife’s in Marblehead on Friday. Officer said the state is running 40-60 days. I asked when to renew mine (expires in Sept.) he said plan on 3 months before.
So you’d be renewing in July. Renewal was easy. Enter info into the computer, answer yes and no questions (as he is reading the rewnal form you already filled out) take a picture and wait.

We just renewed my wife’s in Marblehead on Friday. Officer said the state is running 40-60 days. I asked when to renew mine (expires in Sept.) he said plan on 3 months before.
So you’d be renewing in July. Renewal was easy. Enter info into the computer, answer yes and no questions (as he is reading the rewnal form you already filled out) take a picture and wait.

So they're no longer telling us to get the renewing forms at the police station?

So they're no longer telling us to get the renewing forms at the police station?
in Woburn on a renewal they didn't even take the renewal form from me. we just filled it in on line right then, took a photo and waved goodbye and i left with the form i brought in my pocket. i understand my experience may vary from others depending on city and departments.

Thank you, this has been helpful! Yes, Peabody does make me call to make an appointment. They have at least every time I've renewed.

Not sure what they do now, but I remember in the 90s they would post a list at the station and it was first come, first serve for that sign-up sheet to get an appointment. Think they only allowed 10 sign-ups. What a joke, I had moved into Peabody and was a renter at the time. I made sure to GTFO of Peabody before my renewal. No time for that BS.

My wife emailed and got a response that afternoon for an appointment that week with multiple time slots available. But yes every town and city are different.

I'm not a trusting person living in this city so I plan to put in for the renewal July 2nd...
I would bring it in either the tuesday before, or the tuesday after the week of 7/4. While it has certainly gotten better, the week of the 4th things will likely either get tabled, or the people processing it are on vacation.

ETA: And while I am also a Peabody resident, I've got enough family and friends working for the City to know better than to try to get anything done during a holiday week.

That's a good point...I've noticed in the past it's been hard catching up with the guy due to vacation or some lack of availability....

My wife emailed and got a response that afternoon for an appointment that week with multiple time slots available. But yes every town and city are different.

Still Lt Everett as licensing officer in town? He was responsive and good to deal with for me.

I did mine in peabody and it wasnt that bad. I dropped off the packet maybe 3 months ahead of schedule and got a call back the next week to make an Appt. Got in quick and got my license well before expiration.

I did mine in peabody and it wasnt that bad. I dropped off the packet maybe 3 months ahead of schedule and got a call back the next week to make an Appt. Got in quick and got my license well before expiration.

That's hopeful, I've marked my calendar....

in Woburn on a renewal they didn't even take the renewal form from me. we just filled it in on line right then, took a photo and waved goodbye and i left with the form i brought in my pocket. i understand my experience may vary from others depending on city and departments.

I was going to start a new thread, but saw this comment first. I'm up for renewal in Woburn soon. Any idea if there's a chance of getting my restrictions removed?

Back
Top Bottom