removeing case lube

I use a concentrated case cleaner on any brass that has to be lubed. I do all prep to case and right before they get primed I dunk them for a minute in the cleaner. It takes about 4oz of concentrate to make a couple gallons of cleaner. I use an old pool skimmer net as a holder and put about 400-500 cases at a time. Rinse in clear cold water and let dry. If I'm in a hurry I spread them on a cheap cookie sheet and put them in the oven on 250 degrees for about 20min to dry. And they are totally lube free and ready for primer and powder. Works great
Tank

Tumbling is much faster and easier. I tried chemical cleaners when I first started to reload, but gave up because they took too much time and effort.

No lube for straight walled pistol. For rifle I usually use Hornady One Shot which I really don't think needs to be cleaned off. For Imperial Sizing Wax I clean it in something at work that smells and dries like laquer thinner and doesn't tarnish the cases.

I once read that tumbling or cleaning loaded rounds in a vibratory cleaner was a no no because it could cause the powder to break down and change the burn rate drastically, I have been spraying carb. cleaner on a towel and rolling the rounds between the folds, seems to work well.

I am use hornady one shot. I like it, not greasy feeling.I have founf that a micro fiber type cloth works very well for cleaning. I have it clipped to my leg and give a quick wipe when done loading the cartridge

Back
Top Bottom