Reloading Supplies Gots Any It Sucks out There

Do you know if either of these places have the Dillon 290 polish in stock? I've got an order in with Dillon right now - but I just ran out tonite. And I was hoping to get a bunch of brass processed over the weekend.

I've read on the interwebs that Dillon's 290 polish is Blue Coral liquid car wax.

Can't verify that personally, but I've seen the rumor several times.

I use what Mike suggest... Nu Finish. Works great. There's 500 rounds of .223 brass swirling away right now getting their gleam on.

Was working on the Cape today and stopped at Powderhorn in Hyannis.
Got Winchester small pistol primers for $38

Was at northeast trading today Some reloading supplies Light on powder, some heads and lots of Large rifle primers both reg and mag. Blazer 22lr was $31.50 a brick
Dave

I've read on the interwebs that Dillon's 290 polish is Blue Coral liquid car wax.

Can't verify that personally, but I've seen the rumor several times.
I emailed Dillon tech support and asked. It will be interesting to see if I get a direct answer or one worthy of a state rep in ambiguity.

I was able to secure 3,000 Federal 100 SP primers at a whopping $42/1,000 last night and should be all set in the
primer dept. for the next year or so. Sheesh, some years ago we did a group buy for those, at $24/1,000.....
Mind you, that's inventory which has travelled across the Atlantic and has been charged w/ duty and 19% VAT....

I've got a large order of powder/primers coming in soon, but I'm wondering if buying a couple pounds of IMR4064 is worth it right now given the shortage..

Blue Northern in Ayer has 38/357 (.357 diam) 125 gr JHP. Do not know mfg as they packaged it in 250 count cups. Price $28.99 per 250 count which I thought was rather good. Two cup per customer limit. No primers :(. But i got the last pound of Power Pistol :)

I was in Affordable gun in Pelham yesterday. They have a few pounds of Reloader 15, Zip, 1lb reloader 17, 2 4320, ad some other stuff. $26 lb average price.
209 primers too.

I picked up 500 .38 DEWC (double ended wad cutter) at Collectors. I don't remember the exact price, but I remember it seemed to be a pre-panic number.

Does anyone know where to get Varget. (yes. laugh at me)

Don

I haven't seen any around, but I would second Riverview as the most likely to have it. I've opted to stick with RL15 for my .308 due to the Varget unobtainium status.

I've got 8# of alliant 2000-mr. It works well for .308 and 30-06. But there are only recipes for heavier .223 bullets. Starting at 68 gr. Even then its a compressed charge. I'm thinking of trying it with my 62 gr bullets and seeing what it does.

IDC in Clinton MA had CCI SP primers today at abt 1230 I bought 1000 at $47, they said they are just passing on the price increases, I left 3000 to 4000 on the shelf (although I was tempted to buy them up). They said supplies are starting to trickle in, they have a big CCI order on back order.

IDC in Clinton MA had CCI SP primers today at abt 1230 I bought 1000 at $47, they said they are just passing on the price increases, I left 3000 to 4000 on the shelf (although I was tempted to buy them up). They said supplies are starting to trickle in, they have a big CCI order on back order.

Screw them. I bought small pistol at Riverview a couple of weeks ago for $34/1k. They aren't "passing on" price increases, they're profiting.

I can't blame them though, we live in a "free"-ish market economy. The demand will dictate the supply's price.

Screw them. I bought small pistol at Riverview a couple of weeks ago for $34/1k. They aren't "passing on" price increases, they're profiting.

I can't blame them though, we live in a "free"-ish market economy. The demand will dictate the supply's price.

That is correct. Wholesale on most primers is still around $24. No change since this summer.

While at a pistol sectional this morning in CT, there was a case (5000) of Winchester small rifle primers for sale for $150. Couldn't believe that people weren't buying them as I watched at least 15 people check them out and walk away. If I used them I would have grabbed them in a heartbeat, I had them in my hand and could have. I told a friend that they would even work in most pistols but he passed as well. Someone finally seemed real happy to buy them! I believe that we are going to see some supplies on the shelves soon but everything is going to continue to be hoarded for a while longer.

Back
Top Bottom