Reloading Supplies Gots Any It Sucks out There

alls well finally got my 550b set up right (wifie is away and puppy is sleeping) got my first 20 test loads set (min load) had some problems passing case guage (too big to fit) and realized I did not have the crimp die down enough, I had to add crimp. Made a minor adjustment and everything worked great. I'm going to make 2 levels to shoot and test before I move up the ladder.

Getting those dies set at the right heights is a little tricky at first, then it becomes a lot easier. The powder dispenser had great repeatibility, it is very accurate. The loaded bullets OAL was also very consistent

When I setup my Dillon 550B I found this set of videos really, really helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZrbv_8kx4

I believe this is a local guy who is on NES. For someone who is not naturally mechanically inclined these videos were a godsend.

Good luck with your new toys!

Rich

Thanks Rich I saw that one, much better than the Dillon Video I bought. I'm consistantly pleased with the infoormation transfer avaiable on U tube.

I was working very fast, and my wife and my puppy were both yapping at me so I had a hard time concentrating (wifie is already complaining about being a reloading widow).

The set up is fairly easy except for setting the die dpeths and getting them to work together. The hardest was the powder/bell die. I was all over the place on that I got some wicked bells on the cases I had to throw them out. I thought I had it set up right, got some nice 9mm 124 grn bullets that met OAL and crimped real nice and then it went back to bell shaped opening with the bullet seating too deep. I need to go back and watch the setup DVD more closely. The written instuctions are ok for some things and terrible for others, they are not consistent.

BTW I did all this with no powder or primers.

You need to tell your wife (kindly) that distracting you while reloading could get you seriously injured or killed.

You need to learn reloading with absolutely zero distractions, get into a routine which you can do in your sleep, then focus without distractions.

Do it the right way or put it away for when you can.

You need to tell your wife (kindly) that distracting you while reloading could get you seriously injured or killed.

You need to learn reloading with absolutely zero distractions, get into a routine which you can do in your sleep, then focus without distractions.

Do it the right way or put it away for when you can.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek, but I hear you. It went much better tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to noddaduma again.

BTW I don't want to get personal but I like your dog.

3 tons of lead in the garage and enough primers and powder on hand to settle my nerves. Now just need these -5 degree nights to warm up enough to cast some bullets! I have no interest in being out there when it is this cold... I must be getting old. [wave]

3 tons of lead in the garage and enough primers and powder on hand to settle my nerves. Now just need these -5 degree nights to warm up enough to cast some bullets! I have no interest in being out there when it is this cold... I must be getting old. [wave]

I feel yr pain, shot my first 50 rds of 9 mm reloads today on the chronie worked out great, no squibs, I didnt blow my self up. wacked my chronie again but it lives,

dropped .2 grns on the load to meet IDPA power factor, stocked up on primers, bullets, and brass no more Wally word for me for 6 months or so.

havent got into the casting thing, got enough issues

peace out

[shocked] I almost hit my chrono this fall...

chrono-bungee_zpsd29907fe.gif

Rhode Island source for Accurate 2230?

Any suggestions on places to look for powder in Rhode Island? Primarily looking for Accurate 2230.

Heads up- Riverview Sales in East Windsor just got some CFE223 in stock. They also have AR-Comp as well, in 1lb containers. I pulled 2lbs out of the box he was restocking the shelves with. $25 for the CFE and $20 for the AR-Comp.

Take a vacation, see scenic New Hampshire, ski Crotched Mountain, come back with a full trunk :)

Shooter's Outpost and Riley's are within a few miles of one another and both have good stock of reloading supplies, I stopped by Shooter's last week and they'd received a large order from Dillon; powder and primers were cheaper at Riley's.

I'd guess that there are shops further west in NH with stock, I seldom get west of Monadnock.

Do you know if either of these places have the Dillon 290 polish in stock? I've got an order in with Dillon right now - but I just ran out tonite. And I was hoping to get a bunch of brass processed over the weekend.

Do you know if either of these places have the Dillon 290 polish in stock? I've got an order in with Dillon right now - but I just ran out tonite. And I was hoping to get a bunch of brass processed over the weekend.

i've heard of people doing 50/50 of Nufinish and mineral spirits. you might be able to do that in a pinch.

I plan on trying it when i run out of my current bottle of polish.

I got a can of dillon polish it came with 550B the whole thing took abt 4 weeks to get to me. I guess that won't help

Go to the auto parts store and get a bottle of Nu Finish. done. I've had the same bottle for years.

-Mike

Hmm.. I just reloaded my last 9mm round as I ran out of small pistol primers. Any intel on where to go to find more?

Anyone interested in trading small pistol for large pistol?

I'm near Concord,Acton, Littleton, Groton, Westford, Harvard.

Last edited:
Was just at Bob's Gun and Archery Shop in Webster, MA. Saw they had some small rifle and large pistol primers. I bought a box of 1000 large pistol. Cost $40 which is more than I have ever paid for primers before but I am out and this is the 1st place I've seen them in a month.

There were 2 boxes of CCI Lg Pistol primers at First Defense a week ago, price was $28 IIRC. I did not see any other primers anywhere near these in that shop.

My Dillon 550b and media separator showed up today. I believe it was under 4 wks from Brian Enos. I'm ready to go. In 10mm anyway. I still have a few dye sets coming to me.

Went to Blue Northern in Ayer today they have little to nothing except blackpowder and shotgun.

Went to Blue Northern in Ayer today they have little to nothing except blackpowder and shotgun.

They still have a lot of powder and some .380 bullets. Ron told me that they have everything imaginable on order, but their distributors have no stock. They never know what (if anything) is going to come in each week, so keep checking back.

I saw plenty of primers at $35 / 100 at the marlboro show in several tables and 2 dealers with lead bullets. Personally I think I got lucky when I ordered the 650 beginning of Dec and got it in a week Nothing to be had at all now except for people selling dillion for 2 and 3 times new price on evil bay. Just wish I had some more 223 heads

dave

Back
Top Bottom