Reloading Supplies Gots Any It Sucks out There

As a new reloader, I thought I'd give my self a Xmass present I'd like (sick of sweaters) and bought a Dillion 550B reloader from Enos and thought I'd go out take a reloading class (done), order up some supplies, make some custom some ammo thats right for me, save money and have some fun. NOT!

4 weeks to get bullets, finally got some from a friendly vendor that took pity on me
Impossible to get primers (finally lucked out and got some at a shop that just cleaned out its basement-they are gone now), who knows when someone within 60 miles of Central Mass will get anymore
2 weeks to get the right powder
Dillion 550B reloader plus accessories from Enos (ordered 1/6/2013), no where in sight. Dillion is so backed up they stopped returning Brian's calls. Expected delivery maybe late Feb, early March BEWARE!
Cases free from the range, hooray!
Case cleaner and supplies 1 week, all I can do now is clean cases over and over again.

I'm down to abt 400 rds of ammo for my 9mm that I like (124 grn) and I cannot get any more. Damned if I'm going to Wally World or Dicks and pay elevated prices for 115 grn crap, but it does'nt matter becuase they don't have any! It sucks out there

I know whine, whine but thanks for listening better than going and getting therapy, oh wait if I do that OBummer's doc nazis will report me and I'll loose my guns.[angry]

Last edited:
Find a member north of you who can receive mail order delivery?

Take a vacation, see scenic New Hampshire, ski Crotched Mountain, come back with a full trunk :)

Shooter's Outpost and Riley's are within a few miles of one another and both have good stock of reloading supplies, I stopped by Shooter's last week and they'd received a large order from Dillon; powder and primers were cheaper at Riley's.

I'd guess that there are shops further west in NH with stock, I seldom get west of Monadnock.

I ordered my Dillon 550B from Brian Enos on Dec 15. It was delivered last week.
I missed the last two reloading classes, but hope to get to one this winter.
I have been saving .223 brass and have enough to get started.
Components seem to be hard to get, but I don't know the secret squirrel sources yet

As a new reloader, I thought I'd give my self a Xmass present I'd like (sick of sweaters) and bought a Dillion 550B reloader from Enos and thought I'd go out take a reloading class (done), order up some supplies, make some custom some ammo thats right for me, save money and have some fun. NOT!

4 weeks to get bullets, finally got some from a friendly vendor that took pity on me
Impossible to get primers (finally lucked out and got some at a shop that just cleaned out its basement-they are gone now), who knows when someone within 60 miles of Central Mass will get anymore
2 weeks to get the right powder
Dillion 550B reloader plus accessories from Enos (ordered 1/6/2013), no where in sight. Dillion is so backed up they stopped returning Brian's calls. Expected delivery maybe late Feb, early March BEWARE!
Cases free from the range, hooray!
Case cleaner and supplies 1 week, all I can do now is clean cases over and over again.

I'm down to abt 400 rds of ammo for my 9mm that I like (124 grn) and I cannot get any more. Damned if I'm going to Wally World or Dicks and pay elevated prices for 115 grn crap, but it does'nt matter becuase they don't have any! It sucks out there

I know whine, whine but thanks for listening better than going and getting therapy, oh wait if I do that OBummer's doc nazis will report me and I'll loose my guns.[angry]

Right now its slim pickings....things where starting to run low before all of this due already announced price increases. You best bet is call on any free state friends or relatives for help and then go spend the weekend and pick up your stuff.
Most vendors are sold out....

got the last block of small pistol primers at IDC and several blocks at Old Mill, also got some 9mm Berrys 147 grn plated at IDC

seems some supplies are trickling in, now if I can get my press before 2014, I'll be happy

got the last block of small pistol primers at IDC and several blocks at Old Mill, also got some 9mm Berrys 147 grn plated at IDC

seems some supplies are trickling in, now if I can get my press before 2014, I'll be happy
I'm in the exact same situation. I ordered a 550b and a whole lot of accessories from Brian around the same time as you. A lot of the stuff is trickling in slowly. I got a box of goodies from Dillon today. I havnt even gotten around to getting primers, powder etc. I'll start looking around next week

Last edited:
Finding SP primers is a universal problem for all reloaders right now- hopefully CCI and Winchester will get their acts together and ramp up production soon!

I'm in the exact same situation. I ordered a 550b and a whole lot of accessories from Brian around the same time as you. A lot of the stuff is trickling in slowly. I got a box of goodies from Dillon today. I havnt even gotten around to getting primers, powder etc. I'll start looking around next week

Canndo if you run into problems with primers PM me.

Same thing for me the Dillion supplies are tricklng in. I got my Dillion 550b DVD yesterday, all I get to do is watch it and have reloading envy. Its not bad but not great. I also learn more from watching than reading .

Canndo if you run into problems with primers PM me.

Same thing for me the Dillion supplies are tricklng in. I got my Dillion 550b DVD yesterday, all I get to do is watch it and have reloading envy. Its not bad but not great. I also learn more from watching than reading .

Hey, it was nice meeting you at practice tonight. Hope to catch you on Saturday!

Wolf and Tula primers are still available from the places that we can't mention on NES, and despite the bargain price they're actually very high quality.

EDIT: OK, I guess not. What a difference a week makes.

Last edited:
Oh happy day my Dillion 550b arrived today 3 weeks earlier than I thought ordered 1/6/13

also a case of 124 grn bullets arrived maybe stuff is starting to move

set that bad boy up, dry loaded 10 rds made a mess of things back to the drawing board tomorrow, not as easy to adjust those dies as the instructions imply

Oh happy day my Dillion 550b arrived today 3 weeks earlier than I thought ordered 1/6/13

set that bad boy up, dry loaded 10 rds made a mess of things back to the drawing board tomorrow, not as easy to adjust those dies as the instructions imply
Congrats. Still waiting on mine. This is a good sign though. Sorry to hear you had some complications. I may need to learn from your experience. Keep posting.

Congrats. Can't wait to get mine going.

Congrats. Still waiting on mine. This is a good sign though. Sorry to hear you had some complications. I may need to learn from your experience. Keep posting.

I was working very fast, and my wife and my puppy were both yapping at me so I had a hard time concentrating (wifie is already complaining about being a reloading widow).

The set up is fairly easy except for setting the die dpeths and getting them to work together. The hardest was the powder/bell die. I was all over the place on that I got some wicked bells on the cases I had to throw them out. I thought I had it set up right, got some nice 9mm 124 grn bullets that met OAL and crimped real nice and then it went back to bell shaped opening with the bullet seating too deep. I need to go back and watch the setup DVD more closely. The written instuctions are ok for some things and terrible for others, they are not consistent.

BTW I did all this with no powder or primers.

If you reload in typical calibers you won't find squat. Go with 6.8 spc or 6.5 Grendel instead of .223. I was in the process of building an AR in .223, I halted it now I'm builing it in .204 Ruger.

I was working very fast, and my wife and my puppy were both yapping at me so I had a hard time concentrating (wifie is already complaining about being a reloading widow).

The set up is fairly easy except for setting the die dpeths and getting them to work together. The hardest was the powder/bell die. I was all over the place on that I got some wicked bells on the cases I had to throw them out. I thought I had it set up right, got some nice 9mm 124 grn bullets that met OAL and crimped real nice and then it went back to bell shaped opening with the bullet seating too deep. I need to go back and watch the setup DVD more closely. The written instuctions are ok for some things and terrible for others, they are not consistent.

BTW I did all this with no powder or primers.

Sounds like you may not have tightened down the ring once you got the proper setting. Always make sure you tighten them after adjustments or your adjustments won't last.

Just speaking from experience if your just getting into reloading try and keep any and all distractions away. Its the distractions that is going to cause problems during the process and you may never know until your at the range with your loads.

Back
Top Bottom