Referring others to NES

SKS Ray

NES Member
I was at Bass Pro today with my wife and kids and observed a young couple talking with a salesman about gun laws regarding transfers, etc.

Now for all I know this guy could have gave them good info but everytime I see a chain store employee giving advice on gun laws, etc. I can't help but wonder if the guy knows what he's talking about because half the time... they don't.

I waited until they were done and as I was making my way through the aisles I mentioned to the couple that they should check out NES if they want info on the new laws and regulations proposed and any other discussion they might want to read about regarding being gun owners in Massachusetts. They thanked me and said they'd do so.

I know this forum grows every day with new people lurking, & joining, but it feels good to tell people about NES when you meet gun owners that could use some info.

THe only people who I wont expose to NES are my coworkers! Everyone else, if they are somewhat interested in shooting, etc, gets a referral to at least check this place out.

I was at Bass Pro today with my wife and kids and observed a young couple talking with a salesman about gun laws regarding transfers, etc.

Now for all I know this guy could have gave them good info but everytime I see a chain store employee giving advice on gun laws, etc. I can't help but wonder if the guy knows what he's talking about because half the time... they don't.

I waited until they were done and as I was making my way through the aisles I mentioned to the couple that they should check out NES if they want info on the new laws and regulations proposed and any other discussion they might want to read about regarding being gun owners in Massachusetts. They thanked me and said they'd do so.

I know this forum grows every day with new people lurking, & joining, but it feels good to tell people about NES when you meet gun owners that could use some info.

Hey Derek, can I make up NES biz cards?[smile]
Milsurp, I refer people here often too.
I agree regarding the ijit behind the counter dispensing leagle advice.

my husband made me join...lol I'm glad I did..
I had a Dicks employee tell me that he wished the city I live in didn't put Sporting restrictions on class A's, because he couldn't sell a guy the shotgun, or the JHP's he wanted...lmao.. I gave him a lecture about the restriction being about when and where you could carry, not what, and he kept telling me I was wrong..lol

i referred a co-worker about a week ago to NES he's big into shooting sports so i told him he should check it out, Haven't had a shift with him since so I don't know if he checked it out yet.

Hey Derek, can I make up NES biz cards?[smile]
Milsurp, I refer people here often too.
I agree regarding the ijit behind the counter dispensing leagle advice.

Good on 'ya guys. I do it too, usually at the range or at the gun shop.

What Becka said. I refer people to both, though only one person has signed up here and he hasn't posted anything yet, he just lurks. But whenever someone is talking about Mass gun laws the first place I send them to is GOAL.org.

ETA: Then I send them here to the Mass gun laws section which is the best place for discussing what they found over at GOAL.

Last edited:
Whenever I meet someone and the subject of firearms comes up, as soon as I run out of facts, I always refer them to NES. I am fairly new to this, myself. I love the topic and always feel that I have done someone a service to refer them to NES. Aside from my first exposure and education through my friends and GOAL, this site has been the the go-to reference for all things gun. It had also been a very good source of humor and help.

I can not give this site enough kudos and references.
Thank you Derek, Mods, and members. You guys make me smarter.

Ed and I make sure all our students know about NES and GOAL.

+1

Jamie and I always push GOAL and NES in our Classes. We've had many students fill out the GOAL app and give us a check which we will happly send in for them.

And, I get a lot of people that contact me via PM on here after the class to tell me that they are now members.

I have refered several people, but they are all people I know and trust. I had a patient in last week who I refered. This place is a great resource and I hope it continues to grow. I usually check a fishing blog regularly, but it seems to have half the interest it did last year. I am not sure if it is due to the cost of running a boat offshore and our new hopey changey economy, or if more people are just joining NES instead.

i too refer people to NES and to goal as we need as many people on our side as possible. the people i refer to here are almost all gun owners as i dont want to have lurkers or trolls here anymore than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom