• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Flag standoff in NY

I've re-read this thread and some of the articles on it and I'm more confused than ever.

Your not doing yourself any favors by struggling over this. It does not matter. This is what matters:

Serving an ERPO over a 30 round mag.

Threatening wife and child to gain entry.

Using suicide threat as reason to act.

Cutting off internet.

Jamming cellphone service in the area.

Issuing multiple conflicting narratives during standoff.

Threatening concerned citizens obstruction and domestic terrorism.

Arresting those showing support in the area.

Scrubbing and deleting social media.

Saying it is a mental health issue and there would be no charges.

Did I miss anything?

Say only half of what is listed ends up being true that is more than concerning.

That is what everyone should spend time thinking about...

Your not doing yourself any favors by struggling over this. It does not matter. This is what matters:

Serving an ERPO over a 30 round mag.

Threatening wife and child to gain entry.

Using suicide threat as reason to act.

Cutting off internet.

Jamming cellphone service in the area.

Issuing multiple conflicting narratives during standoff.

Threatening concerned citizens obstruction and domestic terrorism.

Arresting those showing support in the area.

Scrubbing and deleting social media.

Saying it is a mental health issue and there would be no charges.

Did I miss anything?

Say only half of what is listed ends up being true that is more than concerning.

That is what everyone should spend time thinking about...

Missed the article @Bonesinium shared where the county sheriff called reporters "domestic terrorists."

I've re-read this thread and some of the articles on it and I'm more confused than ever.

That’s because the truth is being intentionally obfuscated.

There’s a new story. Now that they’ve had time to sit down and plan it out, it’s more sensible. It nevertheless still doesn’t explain the police response, and makes the “cop heard a gunshot” lie seem just like well, an obvious lie.

Two months ago his wife alleged he threatened her with a gun. Police arrest him and seize his guns. Protection order against him issued.

This explains why he didn’t have any and why police said none were found. It also explains why they intentionally mislead people saying it has nothing to do with guns being confiscated. Because they did that already months ago!

Estranged wife makes another complaint against him saying he violated the protection order. Cop show up and claims to hear a gun shot. Guy retreats to attic at which point the whole situation with the live stream and heavy handed police response kicks off.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like him live streaming and garnering attention may have saved his life. The cop claiming he heard a gun shot sounds like a convenient way to justify a use of deadly force against him. And without video or public attention, it would just be their word against nobody. The story would be “violent domestic abuser with restraining order threatens wife, police repond, he threatens them, and they are forced to shoot him.”

End of story.

There’s a new story. Now that they’ve had time to sit down and plan it out, it’s more sensible. It nevertheless still doesn’t explain the police response, and makes the “cop heard a gunshot” lie seem just like well, an obvious lie.

Two months ago his wife alleged he threatened her with a gun. Police arrest him and seize his guns. Protection order against him issued.

This explains why he didn’t have any and why police said none were found. It also explains why they intentionally mislead people saying it has nothing to do with guns being confiscated. Because they did that already months ago!

Estranged wife makes another complaint against him saying he violated the protection order. Cop show up and claims to hear a gun shot. Guy retreats to attic at which point the whole situation with the live stream and heavy handed police response kicks off.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like him live streaming and garnering attention may have saved his life. The cop claiming he heard a gun shot sounds like a convenient way to justify a use of deadly force against him. And without video or public attention, it would just be their word against nobody. The story would be “violent domestic abuser with restraining order threatens wife, police repond, he threatens them, and they are forced to shoot him.”

End of story.

Since few of us are prepared to start a live stream at a moments notice I wonder if there is a product (or a market niche) for a system of cams that continuously stream to the cloud but to a private data store. Then on command (or deadman switch) the keys to view it get sent to everyone via email, sms, instagram, faceplant, twatter, etc. Idea being if something crops up you cause the already filming "show" to be available to everyone.

There is a solution for all of this nonsense but nobody's gonna like it, especially politicians and the police. The battle of Athens is gonna look like a walk in the park when (not if) it happens. Remember the words of Chief Crazy Horse "Hokayhey, it is a good day to die!" Me? What can I do, run them over with my wheelchair?
When the time comes everyone who loves freedom will have a job they can do. Everyone. We will need everyone.

Is it just me or has "Alexander Booth" or "Alex Booth" not been arraigned yet?

Edit: there's a shitty article saying that "He was arraignment" for a bunch of charges, but courts, especially rinky-dink municipal and district courts, aren't open on weekends. JPs AFAIK can't arraign, just release someone on bail.

Lol great way to clear the air... accuse reporters of domestic terrorism, while only vaguely laying out the facts of what happened.

If the Sheriff really wanted to do something, they would have posted a breakdown of events and what actually happened, etc. Of course they can't do that though, because some
shitbird prosecutor is probably still trying to figure out ways to criminally prosecute this guy "for something" because he made sport of the polezei with his "standoff".

-Mike
That right there tells you everything you need to know about the Sheriff and where his head is at.
Call him on bullshit , boom, terrorist.
Prime example of Cuomo's brown shirts right there.

Dude, did not not miss the post in the thread? Someone in this thread served with this guy, he's not fake, unless you think he's some kind of .gov operative. [rofl]

No need to false flag shit when the .gov does plenty of offensive shit in real life, and then uses terms like "terrorist" etc to describe people, and so on.

-Mike

He isnt fake. And I doubt he had any knowledge of this beforehand. But doesnt mean it wasnt a crisis theater. The .gov doesnt usually ask permission of lowly citizens when they want to practice fear tactics. Just saying.

End of story.

This makes what the cops did even more confusing. If the guy had a restraining order and they had already searched the house, why would they then threaten the wife (who took out a restraining order)? It doesn't make any sense.

good luck with that, we have had lots of precedent where laws aren't doing shit, the sanctuary cities is a great example of laws being dead when there is enough money behind some cause. NH isn't that far behind surrounding communism, more like an exception and a giant target for libs to normalize it to the NY, MA and now VT level.

You can't enforce laws that don't exist like you can ignore laws that do, that analogy doesn't work. Sancks is right, every state is under assault, the MA attitude of good luck your freedom isn't going to last isn't helpful to any conversation, at all.

We held the line last year, we have to do it again this year, we will have to do it again next year. That's how it is these days.

This makes what the cops did even more confusing. If the guy had a restraining order and they had already searched the house, why would they then threaten the wife (who took out a restraining order)? It doesn't make any sense.

Also why did they not go arrest the guy at work or sit on the house waiting for him to come home if he was a danger to the wife and known to be returning? If the wife felt threatened, why did she stay at the house rather than leaving with the police to go stay somewhere else?

And if they already took all of his guns, what's with the two armored cars?

Why no all day BOLO on the guy if he was that dangerous?

I don't think anyone is going to have the whole truth from either side at this rate without unedited video/audio of the entire incident and the full scanner traffic.

Since few of us are prepared to start a live stream at a moments notice I wonder if there is a product (or a market niche) for a system of cams that continuously stream to the cloud but to a private data store. Then on command (or deadman switch) the keys to view it get sent to everyone via email, sms, instagram, faceplant, twatter, etc. Idea being if something crops up you cause the already filming "show" to be available to everyone.

My cameras all stream to private cloud storage whenever they detect motion. They are encrypted and no one is going to be getting the hosting company (not US based) to remove them. The trick would then be telling people the password, so they can go see.

Because the wife being threatened with CPS is part of a different story. There are a handful of different stories each with several different variations, and that is part of another one. Try and keep up! ;)

Also why did they not go arrest the guy at work or sit on the house waiting for him to come home if he was a danger to the wife and known to be returning? If the wife felt threatened, why did she stay at the house rather than leaving with the police to go stay somewhere else?

The new story is he went to the house in violation of the order, and that's when she called the cops. So he was already there.

And if they already took all of his guns, what's with the two armored cars?

Why no all day BOLO on the guy if he was that dangerous?

They have toys, so they use them. Need is not a relevant part to this equation. Remember when some Colorado cops blew up an innocent families house because of a shoplifter? Same thing here.

I don't think anyone is going to have the whole truth from either side at this rate without unedited video/audio of the entire incident and the full scanner traffic.

Correct. We will never know the actual truth. And that's really the bigger story here. That the state will do anything and everything to ensure we don't know what is happening and what did happen.

My cameras all stream to private cloud storage whenever they detect motion. They are encrypted and no one is going to be getting the hosting company (not US based) to remove them. The trick would then be telling people the password, so they can go see.
713K1lYZhjL._SL1500_.jpg

If you're trying to kick off a boogaloo, don't do it while unarmed, armored, and crying on Instagram for people to come rescue you.

According to John Adams, the American Revolution started fifteen years before Lexington and Concord with James Otis and the writs of assistance. The start of the next big one isn't going to look like 1775, but rather there'll be some motion in a courtroom.

This is the absolute last thing that's needed here, more conjecture, bloviation, and opinions. "The narrative" is going to come out today probably once people start appearing in court.

If your going to quote me put it in context: here's the paragraph I posted: "They will roll on your arse with what ever they have at they're disposal...especially if you're a combat vet and they don't care what war you were in....This guy was a poster boy for the being jacked up by po-po & the Veterans Court. Yes, I noted his 11B MOS and PH in the original Instagram post as well as 'hi-cap' mags, but a picture is not proof....Well, I'll let the legal beagles opine here."

Stop being cute, I didn't offer conjecture, opinion nor 'bloviate', it was based on my very real & recent experience with the same hysterical police & courts dog & pony show without a shred of evidence.

If your going to quote me put it in context: here's the paragraph I posted: "They will roll on your arse with what ever they have at they're disposal...especially if you're a combat vet and they don't care what war you were in....This guy was a poster boy for the being jacked up by po-po & the Veterans Court. Yes, I noted his 11B MOS and PH in the original Instagram post as well as 'hi-cap' mags, but a picture is not proof....Well, I'll let the legal beagles opine here."

Stop being cute, I didn't offer conjecture, opinion nor 'bloviate', it was based on my very real & recent experience with the same hysterical police & courts dog & pony show without a shred of evidence.

I didn't need anything else you wrote besides what I quoted. There was no need for context. My point was that there's no need for Monday morning quarterbacking about this guy's situation. And if someone is actually somewhat knowledgeable about law, they shouldn't be wading into this thread uninformed, as we all really are here. Uninformed "opining" isn't going to contribute to the factual clusterf*ck that is this situation.

No offense intended, but lighten up Francis. I'm not commenting on your previous experiences, which I am fully aware of.

Also why did they not go arrest the guy at work or sit on the house waiting for him to come home if he was a danger to the wife and known to be returning?

Why did the ATF not just pick up David Koresh while he was out on one of his walks around town?

Same answer applies here.

Back
Top Bottom