• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Flag standoff in NY

The ridicule of these guys is probably the best remedy.......I would venture to guess that they might put a little more consideration into their next use of armored vehicles and assertions that they heard shots fired
They appear to be a tad thin skinned.
They deleted their facebook page and cancelled a press conference .
F*ck them , I'm worried more about the guy they are going to take it out on.

The ridicule of these guys is probably the best remedy.......I would venture to guess that they might put a little more consideration into their next use of armored vehicles and assertions that they heard shots fired

You might be onto something.

Rather than post incidents like that to an obscure thread on a right wing web site where nobody else will read it, create an awards organization that selects the police department most deserving of the Redcoat Award. Sort of a brick and mortar, formalized Darwin Awards thing.

The "winning" department would receive the award, and the ceremony would be televised. The victims would need to be selected for photogenics of course.

I bet it could get some financial backing if approached right.

Shining PUBLIC light on the problem periodically in a humorous, sarcastic way might get more traction than venting hereabouts.

So, where is this thing at now? Is the guy out of jail? Did he get an apology? What is the final outcome?

Media blackout. Didn't suit any narrative, so it's forgotten.
It was a test for Trumps minority report algorithms and red flag laws, a test to see how diff groups react.
Quick run to some strangers house all kitted up because he's being red flagged!

So, where is this thing at now? Is the guy out of jail? Did he get an apology? What is the final outcome?

Final outcome is definitive proof that they will take you away in the dead of night. Only now darkness can be created at any time.

Manufacture a reason to act.

Create confusion with misinformation.

Lock down any local sources of information.

Remove any online sources of dissent.

Arrest any actively concerned citizens.

Control mainstream media.

Assure the public it is for health and safety.

Sounds more like a Nazi or Communist utopia but sadly it is happening right here. And these are only the ones you hear about. Only because one or more of those darkness methods failed. Trust and believe many more exist...

So, that's it? Doesn't this guy have any friends or relatives still out there to speak up for him and ask questions about where he is or what's happening? Or are they all afraid they're next if they speak up?

lBobfqB

]View: https://i.imgur.com/p4VJHkd.png[/img]

So, that's it? Doesn't this guy have any friends or relatives still out there to speak up for him and ask questions about where he is or what's happening? Or are they all afraid they're next if they speak up?

All things considered, wouldn't you be a little nervous to speak up for the guy?

Going to venture that there's a gag order and this whole thing goes away quietly to avoid everyone involved in this circus the embarrassment.

Would any arrest in his town be included there? I know nothing about those computer systems. If he is free, wouldn't he be posting somewhere?

1) His county is on that website but I don't know about his specific town. 2) By "posting" I assume you mean online posts rather than posting bail. If he has good counsel, counsel should be advising him to strongly cut back what he posts to stuff that's public record only, if that. He doesn't want to create impeachment evidence while he's already under surveillance.

This is why you need a ham radio, at least a baofeng programmed for the local repeater. Cops wouldn't even know you broadcasting.
[rofl]
You can totally trust this guy not to dime you out -
he's not like those others.
3tlh6y.jpg
ETA:
26302400077_original.jpg

[rofl]
3tlh6y.jpg
ETA:
26302400077_original.jpg

HAMs are public info. Pick a call sign and just start using it. Chances are the guy isn't active enough to stumble upon himself (you) and since the call sign rolls up to a real person there's no reason to DF you. (unless you xmit stupid stuff anyway) Basically it's ham identity theft [laugh]

If you're really paranoid you can install a solar powered relay nearby and use a walkie to talk via the relay. Or a network connection stealing wifi from a pizza shop, accessed through Tor.

FO5GJ out

(maybe pick somebody still alive, though)

HAMs are public info. Pick a call sign and just start using it. Chances are the guy isn't active enough to stumble upon himself (you) and since the call sign rolls up to a real person there's no reason to DF you. (unless you xmit stupid stuff anyway) Basically it's ham identity theft [laugh]
You never heard a base station guy playing 20 Questions with a stranger, eh?
We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways...

I know a guy that did this, he basically used to use a call from some kid that lived in his town who went into the looney bin, he used it for years till it expired. It's pretty stupid when anyone can just take the test and get a license, but I get what you're getting at... [rofl]

[rofl]
3tlh6y.jpg
ETA:
26302400077_original.jpg

Yep. Lots of liberty folks are into alternative comms. I do my best to warn them that the greater ham community will snitch them out faster than a crack whore.

You never heard a base station guy playing 20 Questions with a stranger, eh?
We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways...

When did they add THIS? That's fricking cool!

No different than the false personas we all use on the web.

My name is Henley Foreman (That's HenLey, not HenRy - Hen to friends). I'm 42 years old, born in Nashua. I'm an electrician by trade but spent some summers in High School and College (picked the wrong damned degree, Liberal Arts, but it hasn't held me back). I drive an F150 (HAVE to have 4x4 in this part of the country). My wife, Karen is a nurses aide and likes to read and knit in her off time. Would you like some mittens? PLEASE? What size do you wear? Doesn't matter, we have them in all sizes. I'll even ship them on my dime! We're DROWNING in frigging mittens.

I know a guy that did this, he basically used to use a call from some kid lived in his town that went into the looney bin, he used it for years till it expired.
OTOH, I knew an SK who knew a guy...
<Name redacted>, SK, various calls, recalled that as a kid he was sending CQ​
and "got the notion" to sign W1AW and couldn't believe what he had done and​
shut down the rig and hid under the bed. I doubt Riley was born yet. ...​
[rofl]
ETA: Just to be clear, the guy that told me about the SK hiding under his bed is also /SK, sigh.

When did they add THIS? That's fricking cool!
It was there when resumed early this summer...

Last edited:
Yep. Lots of liberty folks are into alternative comms. I do my best to warn them that the greater ham community will snitch them out faster than a crack whore.

There is a metric ton of spectrum that can be used without pissing off hams, public safety, military/gov, or aviation. I'll just leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom