• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Dots on Glock Slides

Based on what seems most efficient im leaning toward a nonmilled glock slide that i either get milled later or use the rear sight dovetail.

Based on what seems most efficient im leaning toward a nonmilled glock slide that i either get milled later or use the rear sight dovetail.

If you want to wait jagerwerks has black friday sales of $80 for optic cuts. The also do optic/slide cut packages. The holosun 507cV2 package is $355. They have cut 4 glock slides for me and they do very good work.

You are talking about saving money, and frankly I think that using the dovetail with a plate is a waste of money if your are planning on eventually cutting the slide.

Put an RMR on my Gen 4 19 MOS, first time out my groups were half the size. If not said already plan on running suppressor height sights.
Unless it’s for personal protection I wouldn’t bother. I don’t have any slights other than the optic on mine, but they are for range and competition use so it doesn’t matter if the dot failed. If I were using for defense, I’d reconsider my choice of optic and do a lot more research. I really like the Holosun sights, but I don’t know enough about them to bet my life on them.

If you want to wait jagerwerks has black friday sales of $80 for optic cuts. The also do optic/slide cut packages. The holosun 507cV2 package is $355. They have cut 4 glock slides for me and they do very good work.

You are talking about saving money, and frankly I think that using the dovetail with a plate is a waste of money if your are planning on eventually cutting the slide.

All out of stock.

seriously look at a Holosun 507 v2.
- Holosun 507s have proven to be extremely durable
- Has a solar backup which can power the dot even without a battery
- Has shake awake to extend the already lengthy battery life
- Can switch between dot and eotech style circle dot
- RMR mount pattern

Made in China? Sure. But many instructors/mil are coming around to them after serious testing.

I just finished my Gen 4 build. Running a Norsso Reptile C slide which is cut for an RMR. I’ve got the RM06. As others have said, the red dot is a game changer. When I bring it up to draw, the sight view is just so pleasing. Quick target acquisition. I haven’t had it out at the range yet, but I’ll probably be there this weekend.

don’t forget to run an RMR anti flicker/sealing plate. Cheap security IMO.

Attachments

• B6E0E84F-08A8-47C9-A9AE-1F7E5A2F1277.jpeg
    B6E0E84F-08A8-47C9-A9AE-1F7E5A2F1277.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 11
For those with MOS slides, these seem to be all the rage on the social medias.

C&H Precision is about 15 minutes away from my house. One of the owners is a member of my local club, and I talked to him a couple weeks ago at a match. I dropped off a Glock 34 at their shop last week. They're milling out the slide, cerakoting it and mounting my Trijicon SRO on it using their V4 adapter plate.

I've got a G17 with a Trijicon RMR on it, I like it a lot. I had a spare 34 and have heard lots of good things about the SRO compared to the RMR, so...

Both of these guns are range toys - no back up iron sights on them. My carry guns all have iron sights.

I picked up another Gen 4 G34 a couple of weeks ago, it was a random prize from a GSSF match. I ran a couple mags through it when I got it, then put it away until the SRO came in. Dropped it and the SRO off at C&H Precision two weeks ago to mill the slide and install the SRO. As per my request, they milled out the rear dovetail entirely, (I'm not running iron sights).

C & H Precision called me Friday, they were ready to ship out my slide. I laughed and said please don't ship, I'm 15 minutes away - I'll come get it. Left there, went to the range and sighted it in. Shot a Steel Competition match with it Saturday and I'm really pleased.

I have a Trijicon RMR on a Gen 4 G17 slide which I like. The only issue with it is that unless I'm practicing with it a fair bit, I have trouble picking up the dot. Especially when moving.

This is their SRO on a Gen 4 G34 slide. I did some movement at the range, and I shot the Steel Competition with it, (which doesn't require movement). The shape of the optic is a lot different and it's much larger. It's a whole lot easier to pick up the dot in the SRO than in the RMR.

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

Back
Top Bottom