• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendations for a good AK gunsmith near Milford, MA

Only used Ted because I needed a place near me to ship it to...I don't buy thru him because of his prices. Heard from Santurri and it is the correct bolt and he has corrected the fitting and has it cycling without issue and just needs to adjust the headspace because it's a little tight.

Only used Ted because I needed a place near me to ship it to...I don't buy thru him because of his prices. Heard from Santurri and it is the correct bolt and he has corrected the fitting and has it cycling without issue and just needs to adjust the headspace because it's a little tight.

Don't leave us hanging... what was the problem?

Picked up the rifle today...cycles like a champ. Basically he said the front edge of the bolt was hitting in a few places so he removed a little material from those couple spots and now it cycles fine...did the adjustments needed for the headspace and it's now it's ready to rock. Thanks to all of you for your input and I look forward your guidance as I move into the AK realm.

good that it's headspaced properly, but what it sounds like was done... shouldn't have been necessary to do. these things have such loose tolerances you can pick parts out of a grab bag, throw them together, and you have a functional rifle.

either way, glad to hear it's functional. go set your handguards on fire after a few mag dumps to celebrate.

Back
Top Bottom