Recent MA Glock prices?

Those old gen 2 glocks are now collectable and worth more than new ones. Its crazy..
yeah, i didn't get that memo. how collectible? or are you talking massachusetts collectible? i have 5 gen 2's, i'm the original owner, what are we talking as far as collectible...what kind of money?

yeah, i didn't get that memo. how collectible? or are you talking massachusetts collectible? i have 5 gen 2's, i'm the original owner, what are we talking as far as collectible...what kind of money?

I mean its gunbroker, but I have been seeing them go for around $700. I remember not too long ago you could get the gen 2 19 for around $350 if you looked. I am now kicking myself for not getting one earlier.

I have been on the look out. My wife hates the new grip its too aggressive for her, so I have been looking around for the gen 2 since it has no aggressive grip. But for $700? I can't justify that, its going to be a shooter for the wife not a collection piece.

but I have been seeing them go for around $700.
sure, i've seen them in our classifieds for 700. don't mean people are buying
I have been on the look out.
look harder, 500 seems to be "the price" around here. most of them are tired, old police retreads on their 2nd owner after a tour of duty. you gotta find an original owner for a really good one.

sure, i've seen them in our classifieds for 700. don't mean people are buying

look harder, 500 seems to be "the price" around here. most of them are tired, old police retreads on their 2nd owner after a tour of duty. you gotta find an original owner for a really good one.

I have seen them sell for around the $700 range online now. I always keep an eye out

Maybe, just MAYBE, put up a WTB thread and see what happens. There may just be certain people who know certain "loopholes" that don't try and f*** people over. Going green will help your cause.

I feel like I'm the only one who finds Glock's about as comfortable to shoot as an old brick.

Depends on the generation of Glock I think. I did not like, nor could I shoot Gen 1&2 Glocks very well. Gen 3&4 no problem. Could easily be in my head, I am not sure.

sure, you can buy glock "like" parts and cobble them together but you don't have a glock. who ya gonna call when it malfunctions, the guy that sold you a polymer frame or the aftermarket slide?
I have in fact seen many people using factory parts on their build. Minus the trigger. Not to mention those who are just doing glock frame transfers. No reason to pay 800 for a glock 19 when you have so many other options. Well we did until this shit happened.

Try 5 and report back to us. I hear they have internet in jail. Pro tip- don't drop the soap- unless that's your thing. ;)

Kidding aside- yep, it's 4 and in the MGL.

I wonder what would happen if you already sold 4, but now because of these dire circumstances had to sell a gun or two in order to feed your family, but all the gun stores were closed so you had no choice but to sell them via FTF transactions???

I know people who have gone over 4 (like 5 or 6 total) without any issues but that doesn't mean you should and that nothing will happen.

The answer is don't buy them. Their are so many other good options these days, no reason to over pay for a Glock.
There are a lot of good alternatives nowadays with even better triggers. It is tough to get the capacity (preban) and the carry of a mid size glock.

But there are a lot of options now......Honestly I'd go Canik if I wanted to skinflint. Great trigger and mines been just as reliable as my Glocks.

I know people who have gone over 4 (like 5 or 6 total) without any issues but that doesn't mean you should and that nothing will happen.

I've heard the same thing and perhaps an accidental 1 over won't result in a problem. Perhaps...

Sorta like forgetting something was on the bottom of your shopping cart after you get to the car. Except there's an electronic record, and the stakes are higher, LOL.

^^^^this^^^^

For the same price as the Glock, you can get a brand new Sig 226 or 229. And plenty of preban mags at less than 1/2 the price of Glock mags...

Except it’s heavy as hell, has a higher bore axis and is SA/DA

Those old gen 2 glocks are now collectable and worth more than new ones. Its crazy...

I know that G1’s are worth something. Haven’t heard G2 being worth anything. Except they don’t have the finger grooves that users were complaining that Glock didn’t have for a few years. Lol

I think G2’s have a higher price here because they can be sold through and FFL. Oustide of here, they are definitely not expensive

I'm not a Glock guy at all. Seeing asking prices for pre-ban Glock magazines go FR times 10 or more has been the biggest turn-off, although I'm not a big fan of plastic generally. However, the current anti-Constitutional situation in this commie police state has me suddenly getting interested in building a Glock or Glock-clone. Now I find myself wishing I knew more about it (especially pricing) as I feel I am ripe for getting screwed. [crying]

Lesson learned: Be better prepared for the next police state lockdown and forced closing of MA gun shops. [thinking]

Lesson learned: Be better prepared for the next police state lockdown and forced closing of MA gun shops. [thinking]

I only scan most threads so maybe this has come up elsewhere, but as far as I can tell one of the lost constituencies right now is the group of citizens who have firearms with dealers on consignment. These guns are sitting behind closed doors with the lights out. They can't be sold by the dealer, and they presumably can't be (or aren't likely to be, even though it's not a sale-by-dealer situation) transferred back to the consignee because the shop is closed, so they can't be sold in a FTF transaction (assuming the owner hasn't exhausted the 4/year limit). Not a happy situation for many, I assume. I don't know how eager dealers would have been to end consignment arrangements and transfer these guns back in the super-busy days before the curtain came down, but if I'd had a gun with a dealer and actually wanted it sold any time soon I think I would have tried.

I only scan most threads so maybe this has come up elsewhere, but as far as I can tell one of the lost constituencies right now is the group of citizens who have firearms with dealers on consignment. These guns are sitting behind closed doors with the lights out. They can't be sold by the dealer, and they presumably can't be (or aren't likely to be, even though it's not a sale-by-dealer situation) transferred back to the consignee because the shop is closed, so they can't be sold in a FTF transaction (assuming the owner hasn't exhausted the 4/year limit). Not a happy situation for many, I assume. I don't know how eager dealers would have been to end consignment arrangements and transfer these guns back in the super-busy days before the curtain came down, but if I'd had a gun with a dealer and actually wanted it sold any time soon I think I would have tried.
I do feel sorry for those folks with guns on consignment. My scanning of the dealer used guns lists tells me that a lot of such guns sold before Maura shut down the shops, but that still left a lot of consignment guns stranded at a time of very high demand. I was fortunate not to have anything on consignment at the time. The worst part in my case is that I have guns I want to sell on Gunbroker... but with all the MA dealers shutdown, I can't deliver without using a common carrier for big $$$. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom