Recent MA Glock prices?

If you don't want a brand-name Glock, then I'd go with a P80 kit and a complete slide from ebay. You can make a fully functional "Glock equivalent" for probably less than $500.
Which is roughly what a brand new Glock would cost anywhere else in the country.

Which is roughly what a brand new Glock would cost anywhere else in the country.
This is true. For $500 your probably getting an off brand slide and barrel too.

And p80 lowers arent exactly easy or cheap to get during this. There are more people carrying them now though. So they arent unobtainium.

Those that were paying attention bought their lifetime supply a few years ago when Midway and Brownells were having killer sales on them. Now they are going for 30 -40 percent more.

It’s easy to ridicule the have-nots when you’re a have.

I stopped giving a f*** on 7/21/2016, but If I was new to this game I’d spend whatever I had to spend to get whatever equipment I thought was necessary.

the issue is, no one has to spend $800 on a brand spanking new one...

If you wait for the right moment you can get them for reasonable prices. A good general rule of thumb is if you’re getting one with factory night sights and all matching numbers and factory accessories for $650 or less that’s a good move (Glock night sights being ~$70, MSRP free state around $550).

I love threads like this. If I wanted one today, I’d pay whatever today’s going rate was, and I’d be very glad I didn’t have to out bid any of you skinflints to get it.

I wouldn't say have nots, but would say "don't know's"

Were I brandy-new, and had to have something absolutely, positively tomorrow no matter the cost, then yea, I'd probably take whatever was listed at face value.
I think everyones been in that position at one point or another.

A lot of it may come from a lack of understanding on the buyers part, and that can apply to anything, not just glocks, so I'm not singling that out by any means.
Could be the "Well its not on the list so if I have to pay X amount so be it" mindset.
Could be that "Its listed for for way more and has Pre-Ban in the title so I'm comfortable with paying that much more"
Could be that all the info the buyer recieved is from either facebook or "My friend at the range said....."
Or their value of Object X is based off the going rate on armslist/ gunbroker/ wts ads.
Could be people get caught up in rush of paying 75% over retail or m.s.r.p.

Just as bad as the mags. People paying $250 plus on $40 poverty pony lowers. 🙄
I took my dremel and milled a horn into my ponies.
Now I have Unicorn lowers.

As cheap as they are, other than the finish, they are identical to my other 'expensive' ones.
And the QC is pretty decent, as the difference between my oldest and newest is 9 years and they are identical and function perfect.
But seeing people shelling out 250-300 when I paid maybe 40 bucks is a little insane.

I always get a kick out of these threads reaming owners of (anything) who charge "Whatever the market will bear", pissed off cuz someone is making a $___ (fill in the blank) profit on a gun (or anything else, for that matter).
These same complainers will call their realtor the following day and will list their house for at a markup of anywhere between 100 to 1000 percent above what they bought or inherited their house for (or what grandma bought it for in 1939 and passed it along through generations.
We live in America, where you have the right to ask ANY PRICE FOR ANYTHING and you may sell it to ANY WILLING BUYER WHO IS WILLING TO PAY THE ASKING PRICE.

It's called living in a free-market capitalist society. The same people who get pissed off about (gun, or any "durable goods) asking prices have the inalienable right to just walk away and.. drumroll...not buy the item. Yet somehow its considered "scumbag" to sell a gun for whatever someone will pay for it, but the six-pack of Bud that cost Anheuser-Busch about thirty cents (or whatever) to make is a "good deal" at the neighborhood package store cuz they only want fourbucks for it!
But it's not a gun, it's BEER!!!! "Hey, Doods, it's...BEER!!!"... so who gives a rat's ass how much the producer, the wholesaler and the retailers are profiting from it, yes? no?...

As cheap as they are, other than the finish, they are identical to my other 'expensive' ones.
And the QC is pretty decent, as the difference between my oldest and newest is 9 years and they are identical and function perfect.
But seeing people shelling out 250-300 when I paid maybe 40 bucks is a little insane.

I say that, but my favorite rifle is built off one. As long as it’s in spec and not cheap aluminum it’s all good in my book. Besides I’m too poor to be an elitist.

Yeah the pricing has gotten a bit crazy on Glocks. Especially since they are considered a budget gun in free states. At he $850+ range you can get yourself a really nice new non-glock.

I stopped giving a f*** on 7/21/2016, but If I was new to this game I’d spend whatever I had to spend to get whatever equipment I thought was necessary.

No ridicule meant.....and there are no haves and have nots.

The best things are learned in life by diving in and doing the research yourself. Theres nothing groundbreaking here.

We are drowning in insanity these days, and it seems as though plenty of people think it's perfectly normal.

If one pays a premium for a Glock in MA, they might as well grab some overpriced old mags for the capacity edge. Otherwise, what's the point? Why pay $200+ more if you're going with just 10 rd mgs? Might as well buy something comparable from S&W, Sig, HK, CZ, etc.

Yeah the pricing has gotten a bit crazy on Glocks. Especially since they are considered a budget gun in free states. At he $850+ range you can get yourself a really nice new non-glock.

lol budget gun? These aren’t tauruses, etc. Also most of the compliant stuff in MA is either junk (like an m&p with a 12 lb trigger, who wants that bullshit?) or f***ed up versions of good stuff (like a p320 with a stupid f***ing safety lever on it) with a few exceptions here and there.

The fun thing is most people don’t really pay that much even in MA, classified cosbys aside. Just because some guy has one listed for (insert stupid price here) doesn’t mean it will sell for that.

Several years ago I hit a tough patch and unloaded a bunch of guns to pay off the mortgage. Didn't sell off any of my unicorns just what I figured I could reacquire later. I have replaced most of them already or gotten better now that I am back on my feet. One I didn't replace which I miss is my Gen 3ish G26. I still want to fill that spot, I've been watching the "Pandemic WTS" adds looking for a bargain or at least not hosed. I agree with the earlier posts it sounds like some sellers think they have gold or a license to print money with their Glocks. Some will sell at inflated and prices some will not. I have to admit, I do miss the WTS -Leaving for a free state, selling at NES pricing ads. Classy was to do the right thing and help those of us who are behind enemy lines. Kudos to those guys and gals!

I expect once the stores start to open; buying & selling at the LGS gets going we will see a shift in pricing. Those prices will likely come down when the panic first time buyers decide to shed the piece that bought in Feb/Mar. I am afraid lots of good folks and NESers will need some cash like I did why back when. Prices will come down further. I will dig a little deeper for a NESers who's posts have gotten beaucoup likes from me or a long time member. Rather see someone in a pinch avoid the 15% consignment fee routine if they can.

As far a Polymer 80 SC for $500, seen those on the last black Friday for $388. That's what I'll take paddling down the Pines River or Chelsea creek. Best theme I have read in these posts, most people done NEED this or that, shop wisely and don't jump at crazy pricing. Now more than ever just wait and watch. That being said, now watch the buying panic 2020 Part II, if Trump starts coming lower in the polls to Biden. We will be back on the Merry-go-round again.

Charging a bit more for a Glock because of scarcity - very understandable and necessary in the capitalist system. Prices ARE going to rise. Whether you do it or someone buys a pile of them from you and others and resells them. Prices will rise.

BUT. . . . there are some things that are asking CRAZY money for. Gym equipment is pricing 4-10x February retail. For USED equipment. Thankfully, not much of is selling. Sellers could have made a small profit and walked away happy. Instead they are overpricing and sad. :)

So which Glocks are people seeing in the $500 range? I picked up a Gen 5 G19 MOS just before stuff shut down. Right now, it is out of stock most places and the best price I've seen from dealers on the Internet was $599 w/o shipping. I ended up paying $645 shipped to my FFL from I dealer I wish to support.

Back
Top Bottom