Received my 1st traffic stop while carrying today

Only been stopped once while carrying. Since it was in my town, decided to disclose I was carrying with hopes he wouldn't write me up for speeding (I was)...you know, guy with an LTC is a "good guy, law abiding citizen", etc. Guess it worked, he gave me a warning but did recommend I don't disclose in the future. He told me some guys might get all worked up and make me get out of car, disarm, etc. I'll take his advice moving forward.

That's exactly what I found out. I made it a habit to engage officers in conversation and then ask what they preferred. A vast majority told me they prefer not to be informed.

Last edited:
What exactly does a cop look like. I know a lot of them and they don't all look alike out of uniform

If a cop has this haircut, you have a 100% of getting a ticket

CwOppmjW8AAXdri.jpg

Your first problem was shutting off the radio. You should have the "Cops" TV show theme song queued and ready to go. Second problem is you did not say, "I AM PROPERLY LICENSED" first, then say, "Yes, I am carrying."

Good job. Nobody died.

Just no.

NWA or nothing!

Wait...your first stop ever? How old are you?

I got my first ticket at 16. It was an excellent experience that made me a much more careful driver. I'm still pretty safe, but I'll bet I've had maybe ten stops, total?

I wonder if that's abnormally high... works out to maybe one stop per year and a half of driving. I thought I was doing okay.

How old are you? I'm 28 and have never been pulled over. Luckily, I've learned from others' mistakes, like I dont speed excessively, I'm slower than the fastest guy.. But I still do stupid stuff now and then... and lucky I havent been caught.... I run red lights (after a complete stop) at midnight in quiet areas.

welcome to Plainville. They line Rte1 all the time. Usually you'll see them at the corner of 106 and Rte 1 for the evening commute, or at Tavern from Tower Square in the morning.

welcome to Plainville. They line Rte1 all the time. Usually you'll see them at the corner of 106 and Rte 1 for the evening commute, or at Tavern from Tower Square in the morning.

Actually in an unmarked detective car he was right behind me at the lights lol

How old are you? I'm 28 and have never been pulled over. Luckily, I've learned from others' mistakes, like I dont speed excessively, I'm slower than the fastest guy.. But I still do stupid stuff now and then... and lucky I havent been caught.... I run red lights (after a complete stop) at midnight in quiet areas.

all good ideas. I only drive like an ******* when I'm completely trashed, and carrying...[wink]

I would have started a gun fight and done at least three tactical rolls.

That...and I would also nuke it from orbit using my NRA tactical nuke app. It is the only way to ensure the threat is eliminated and, according to some NES threads, the only way of make sure there aren't any spiders left alive in the area.

Were you in Franklin? If so, was the officer particularly tall?

No I was in Plainville. I pulled into the Lowes at the intersection of Rt1 and Rt 152. He was probably early 30's. Nice guy.

- - - Updated - - -

You know if you shake the F***K out of it you can use it again![rofl]

Just turn it inside out and it will self lubricate. [rofl]

Wait...your first stop ever? How old are you?

I got my first ticket at 16....

No, no, no.

This was the first time he ACTUALLY stopped for the police.

I tell young people, "You guys squeeze the blood out of your steering wheel, have heart palpitations, slow down and pull over when blue lights appear in your rear view mirror.

Us old folks roll down the window, wave our arm out it, and yell, "go around!"

Last edited:
I believe officer safety is paramount, and I want to do everything possible to put him/her at ease. I want to immediately notify the officer that I'm carrying, as soon as possible after the stop. I also believe keeping the gun visible, as this will allow him/her to keep eyes on it, and I have no problem relinquishing it to them if they feel safer keeping custody of it.

With that in mind, my plan is this:

Immediately after I'm pulled over, I will get out of the car, and while approaching the officer rapidly (in order to more quickly put him at ease), loudly declare "I HAVE A GUN!" while holding it out in front of me and adding "THIS IS FOR YOU!"

I think this is the best way to handle the situation.

Yep, that will do! Please let us know how that works out for you (or have your next of kin post)![rofl]

That was a cool story.I thought you were going to tell us that you got out of the car,and you both did a few tuck & rolls while making like an airplane.Then you both touched pee pees,and shot your guns off.

That was a cool story.I thought you were going to tell us that you got out of the car,and you both did a few tuck & rolls while making like an airplane.Then you both touched pee pees,and shot your guns off.

That happened too, I just didn't want to brag. lol

Either way it was a perfect day for MF&G, I wish I coulda gone with you

No kidding. I got a call from Atlantic Tactical early afternoon that the P938 I ordered exactly 3 months ago (they did tell me at the time that Sig was taking ~3 months) was in. When I got there it looked like Four Seasons on a Saturday morning and I was thinking that they could use a deli number machine. [rofl] I didn't get out of there until about 4PM. Had to pick up my Wife at the train to head over to MF&G for the meeting, so no shooting yesterday.

He definitely looks more like a stereotypical cop than a jet pilot Chet lol, I dont know how the **** he fits in the jet to be honest

[rofl] And I didn't recognize you at MF&G in September. Must have been that you didn't have a donut in your hand. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom